GreaseSpot Cafe

Quantum Physics: Double Slit Test

Nottawayfer

This comes from an innie's FB account.

The Double-Slit Test

A bizarre discovery in the birth of Quantum Physics.

In the first days of subatomic research, scientists like Max Planck, Albert Einstein, and on, were curious about the behavior of subatomic particles versus light waves. ... See More

Common knowledge dictated that waves, made of energy, would act like waves, and particles, made of matter, would act like particles. But when they tested this hypothesis on subatomic particles, the results showed that they acted like waves.

This blew their minds because it suggested there was a relationship between energy and matter that was bizarre and scientifically inexplicable.

The double-slit test was developed and executed by Sir Geoffrey Ingram Taylor in 1909. It was designed to test these subatomic particles. The baffling results of this experiment disturbed the scientific world. Yet the experiment was performed again and again over the years with the same result every single time. It is actually a favorite experiment used in University Physics Departments because it is so reproducible and so baffling to the students.

Click on the link below to see an explanation of this experiment and its bizarre results and what it suggested.

[Click on the link and watch it before reading on]

So you see the dilemma this caused for scientists. When they observed the experiment by measuring how the particles acted they acted differently than when they were not observed or measured. Since this is scientifically inexplicable, scientists ignored and avoided commenting on the results.

It is painfully obvious by the reproducible results that AWARENESS changed the behavior of the wave/particle beam. Is awareness then a fundamental quality of the universe that has to be factored in to subatomic behavior?

Does the universe itself have a mechanism built into it where the mere change of variables determines how it behaves, where a deliberate decision affects the outcome? When scientists decide to and actually measure and observe, it acts like a particle, when they decide to let it be and not watch, it acts like a wave. Why?

Dr. Amit Goswami is a prominent physicist among a growing number of esteemed physicists who are facing this question more directly today. It is a fascinating question.

Does it show the link between thought patterns and behavior and the results we get in life? We have heard of those who propose the "power of positive thinking." And more recently the proponents of The Secret and the Law of Attraction.

The Bible teaches us that we receive what we believe, that all things are possible to him that believes, that all men reap what they sow (mentally and in life), that as a man thinks, so is he. Is the connection between the physical realm and the realm of thought somewhere at this subatomic level?

Do we really affect and marshall the forces of the universe to bring us favorable results or unfavorable results based on our positive believing or negative fear? Is this why doubt, worry and fear brings us negative results, while trust, confidence and believing brings us positive ones?

Is this part of the design of the universe that makes possible the connection between the spiritual realm and the physical realm?

All this is suggested by these results and the work of Dr. Amit Goswami further confirms it with newer and more expansive experiments.

We truly have a wondrous and bizarre world around us that we can enjoy discovering more and more. I don't think we've even scratched the surface of it yet. It is certainly someting to think about and to ponder.

While it sparks my curiosity, could it be residual effects of the Koolaid I drank for so many years?

Edited by Nottawayfer

"do not anger the quantum spirits"

"now i can use this quantum power to get my way."

"this proves that my religious group is the only way."

"we can make a lot of money this way."

"so it all comes down to this."

"there is no way to know."

"that's one way to interpret experience."

etc...

Typical way international "logic." Let's hold to what we believe to be true and then look for any evidence to support our beliefs. If there is not evidence then it's spiritual and needs only to be believed. If there is "evidence" then it's spiritual supported by the physical. Tie in a few misquoted scriptures and you have yourself a teaching. :smilie_kool_aid:

BTW - Nottawayfer that particular innie fancies himself to be a LOT more intelligent than evidence to the contrary suggests. :biglaugh:

I'm off to disciple myself to waysider, as levitating tables has always been a suppressed interest of mine. Now that I know it can be done I am ready to sit at your feet waysider. :biglaugh:

Okay this info is Waaaaaaaaaaaaayyy (pardon the pun) out of date!!!

Electrons are both particles and waves at alternating times, the relationship between mass and energy is much better known, and there are always the same number of particles {electrons} filling any atoms various shells {if they convert to wave-form, another material electron appears in it's place}.

As intricate as it all may seem, the basics will boil down to this, spirit is spirit, matter & energy is matter & energy. Energy, no matter how energetic, is not spirit.

As intricate as it all may seem, the basics will boil down to this, spirit is spirit, matter & energy is matter & energy. Energy, no matter how energetic, is not spirit.

But...but...but...I can control them with my dominant thoughts!!

As if anyone has been able to adequately define "spirit". We all think we know what it is, and many here were bamboozled by TWI's take on spirit and what was spiritual, but honestly, does anyone really know?

Edited by Tzaia

I seem to remember certain cabinet being excited about "the secret"

John.

Anonym zu thesecret.tv/

Reads just like a green card. :rolleyes:

Law of believing, Tony Robbing, The Secret, The Law of Attraction.....it's the same and it's all good until you actually put it to the test and it's proven false. Then it's your fault and you need to go work on things.

But here we see a good example of junk science perhaps? This stuff from the facebook account would be great to for a class coordinator to stuff in between sessions during a foundational class. Then they can cap it off with "It's electrifRying that the more scientists learn the closer they get to God's matchless werd.."

:smilie_kool_aid::rolleyes::smilie_kool_aid::rolleyes::smilie_kool_aid:

As if anyone has been able to adequately define "spirit". We all think we know what it is, and many here were bamboozled by TWI's take on spirit and what was spiritual, but honestly, does anyone really know?

Nah, but we will one day, God willing,.... All I know is that we can try our very best to understand the things God tells us for now.

Now if I can shoot a laser at it, Contain it in a magnetic field, or experiment with it to obtain a consistant result --- I'm happy. Knowledge ever increases, but that knowledge is of the world, the heavens and the earth that are already made. There's so much to understand and learn there, and doing so can make people's lives a little easier, or kill them. All the grand knowledge we profess to have is nothing compared to the Mind of God and spirit, which he is. That He would share anything of this with us has always amazed me.

I've heard the idea that Spirit is an advanced state of energy, moving far beyond the speed of light, too fast to see with our eyes, that has to "slow-down" to come into concretion. I also heard that the moon was made out of swiss cheese, and that upon finding out that it was not, we stopped going there.

Laundry is real though, and I have a lot of it to do. I can understand laundry.

I do so love life!

Electrons are both particles and waves at alternating times, the relationship between mass and energy is much better known, and there are always the same number of particles {electrons} filling any atoms various shells {if they convert to wave-form, another material electron appears in it's place}.

Yeah...what she said!

've heard the idea that Spirit is an advanced state of energy, moving far beyond the speed of light, too fast to see with our eyes, that has to "slow-down" to come into concretion. I also heard that the moon was made out of swiss cheese, and that upon finding out that it was not, we stopped going there.

ha! Then there are those who think we never even went to the moon, despite bringing back scalps (rocks) or something..

:biglaugh:

I dunno.. sometimes I think we were like moths to the flame.. got stuck in some kind of circular space/time trap or something..

We use the word in our vernacular....I don't really think it is much different than how we would use it in description today....the essence of something not tangible, but nevertheless....real.... :)

I gave it a shot anyway.

I was just there.. hanging around, minding my own business (?) and somebody pulls the plug on seven dimensions or so or something..

obviously its not a paradise here. It would be disappointing to find out this ended up being some kind of cosmic trash dump or something..

. . .

I've heard the idea that Spirit is an advanced state of energy, moving far beyond the speed of light, too fast to see with our eyes, that has to "slow-down" to come into concretion. . . .

*sigh*. . . give the student the time of day . . .

Spirit is thicker than blood. It's a simple viscosity measurement. Grab a drinking straw and a stopwatch . . .

light, schmight..

the last big dream (vision?) I at least I am aware of..

I'm in a transparent room. large glass or crystal walls.. at least ten meters tall..

inside, we are all dressed in either light, or white..

the closest I've seen this fulfilled in this existence.. I was dressed up in black along with a few hundred others..

hmmmm,.... well according to the double slit test,............ (and this Innie twist on it) shouldn't everything have shown up right where they believed it would?

light, schmight..

biglaugh.gif

the last big dream (vision?) I at least I am aware of..

I'm in a transparent room. large glass or crystal walls.. at least ten meters tall..

inside, we are all dressed in either light, or white..

the closest I've seen this fulfilled in this existence.. I was dressed up in black along with a few hundred others..

biglaugh.gif

I just hope you're not the one hurting the cows, Ham......

• Upvote 1

I thought that Ockham's Razor suggested that- since neither "particle" nor "wave" can fully

explain electrons, that BOTH explanations are WRONG and that the actual answer

has yet to be found.

I had a Chemistry professor in college say that, and it's the best answer I've heard

as to why neither explanation works WELL.