GreaseSpot Cafe

Watch for the Adversary

OldSkool

The taz will show up when they teach the discerning of spirits sessions.... :biglaugh:

Because to know that a lying spirit will ... GASP ... lie, and that a jealousy spirit is tied to a murder spirit because of .... GASP ... jealous rage is information that the adversary just can't allow out there.

Oh not just "any" kind.-------EVERY kind.

Uhmmmm. You knew The Beatles were born-again of the seed of the serpent, no? :biglaugh:

I thought Ringo was Craig's favorite Beatle. Maybe Ringo was saved, and everyone else was "seed". Or, maybe he only got by with a little help from his friends.

There was a book in my dad's Attic called The Marxist Minstrels, it was written by someone who never got over the fact that Rock and Roll was prevailing on the airwaves at that time (70's) -- You know, Drugs, Sex and Rock 'n' Roll. It was included with the class materials one year for the Advanced Class. So several thousand AC'ers left reading that as though it was the Bible on Music. I think this would have been AC '79,... after that the ministry music began to change into "Hee-Haw/Lawrence Welk". But the book stated that the Beatles werer Bad, very BAD. In fact anyone performing Rock was Bad. So Rock is bad and Disco Sucked and Martindale gave us Athletes of the spirit while boinking whoever he could.

I guess it all depends on what you "DO" with the music ytou're into at the time.....

There was a book in my dad's Attic called The Marxist Minstrels, it was written by someone who never got over the fact that Rock and Roll was prevailing on the airwaves at that time (70's) -- You know, Drugs, Sex and Rock 'n' Roll. It was included with the class materials one year for the Advanced Class. So several thousand AC'ers left reading that as though it was the Bible on Music. I think this would have been AC '79,... after that the ministry music began to change into "Hee-Haw/Lawrence Welk". But the book stated that the Beatles werer Bad, very BAD. In fact anyone performing Rock was Bad. So Rock is bad and Disco Sucked and Martindale gave us Athletes of the spirit while boinking whoever he could.

I guess it all depends on what you "DO" with the music ytou're into at the time.....

Marxist Minstrels! Wow! That's a blast from the past! Yeah, actually that was in the Advanced Class early on. Then later on, much later on, they got that guy to speak live at Emporia and they recorded it. I think the speaker was a John Bircher. He taught that the commies were behind rock music and were inserting lyrics to brainwash our young people. That was my generation at the time, by the way. John Birchers, in case you haven't herd of them, were reactionary anti-communists. They saw communism everywhere. I don't think they're around anymore, but I could be wrong.

Someone here once brought up that the way the adversary looked in Athletes of the Spirit is EXACTLY like storms look on the radar.

coincidence?

or

spiritual perception?

hmmmmmm...........

didn't vpw (I've heard via somehow) say at an ROA for everyone to stop praying for the rain to stop? cause the farmers need it and it would hurt their livelihood?

The man was nucking futts!

Edit: sometimes I just can't spell

Edited by OldSkool

I think Farmers are cool and I respect their hard work. Farmers have always been a vital part of life. I've even mused about what kind of a life that would be and if I would be up for the task. (I wouldn't-I'd end up wanting to keep all the animals as pets!)

Maybe what his Dad said and the culture he grew up in really affected him. Maybe he felt guilty for not being up for the task- so he took it out on others and it's why he made so many ambivilent statements about Farmers. I don't know, just a thought-because he really did bring up farmers a lot!. :offtopic:

Edited by 100% Free

Maybe what his Dad said and the culture he grew up in really affected him. Maybe he felt guilty for not being up for the task- so he took it out on others and it's why he made so many ambivilent statements about Farmers. I don't know, just a thought-because he really did bring up farmers a lot!. :offtopic:

Well, yes he did and so do his predecessors. Farmers and country folk are lauded as the people to be and the lifestyle to emulate. Which is crap.

Well, yes he did and so do his predecessors. Farmers and country folk are lauded as the people to be and the lifestyle to emulate. Which is crap.

There is a really funny episode of "Daria" where two of the teen characters have that same point of view so they go in search of country folk to see what deep truths they could learn about life. The couple they hooked up with was crazy-and destroyed that myth. Very funny.

I'm of the belief that everyone is needed and what they do contributes to the whole. Everyone can't be the same, or nothing would get done. There can be ego and discrimination from every end, some with the "wholesome" label.

I'm of the belief that everyone is needed and what they do contributes to the whole. Everyone can't be the same, or nothing would get done. There can be ego and discrimination from every end, some with the "wholesome" label.

Same here. I appreciate farmers, especially their importance in a free society.

On another note, woke up to a thunder booming gully wash. Getting lots of adversary over here. You know, the devil is just mad that they are moving into the discerning of spirits field right about now (Tuesday / Wednesday) in the advanced class! So old scratch, being the sly serpent he is, sends the same thing every year - thunderstorms. So easily discerned that when they happen there is a 100% chance that people will know and the leaders can point to the sky and say "Look the adversary is mad!" Oh crap, I am using common sense again....hang on.... :smilie_kool_aid:

There, a little kool-aid and I am as good as new.

The Devil is back...getting a thunderstorm here. And in my calloused mockery of way-speak, I thought, "We must be doing something right." People used to say that baloney. It was either "we must be doing something right" or "we're way off so the adversary can attack." Buncha double-talk, I say. They can pinpoint fellowship, the great (ahem) principle, and even all of the manifestations with these nonsensical definitions, but they don't even know what's causing the rain. They're the center of the universe, making the weather patterns happen and everything. :wacko:

Uh-oh. 80% chance of severe adversary overnight. He must be SOOOO mad they are revealing his kingdom right about now...in a little cornfield way out in the country....to less than a few hundred people....if that much...... :evilshades::evildenk::CUSSING::evildenk::evilshades::smilie_kool_aid:

didn't vpw (I've heard via somehow) say at an ROA for everyone to stop praying for the rain to stop? cause the farmers need it and it would hurt their livelihood?

I think it was the same year that the "I'm still here." incident took place.

Uh-oh. 80% chance of severe adversary overnight. He must be SOOOO mad they are revealing his kingdom right about now...in a little cornfield way out in the country....to less than a few hundred people....if that much...... :evilshades::evildenk::CUSSING::evildenk::evilshades::smilie_kool_aid:

I was in a little cornfield way out in the country tonight, with less than a few hundred people. My nephew and I were at the Muncie Dragway, watching drag races. Now the Muncie Dragway is in east central Indiana, just across the border from west central Ohio. We had beautiful weather for the races, but as we were driving home, we heard on the radio that there were Tasmanian adversary watches for a certain Ohio county of interest to folks on these forums.

Love,

Steve

Thanks for the update Steve.. Good to know where NOT to be.. Must be their lack of believing over there..

It's sad their BOT doesn't have the ability to invoke their covering and believe for the adversary to leave. Just a shame they are so incompetent..

It's sad their BOT doesn't have the ability to invoke their covering and believe for the adversary to leave. Just a shame they are so incompetent..

Well, they are up against all the unbelief of the corpse and staff. I mean unbelief always cancels strong believing. You remember? Weakness brings down strength! :rolleyes:

And what incident was that? I'm not familiar with that story...

It was at ROA, 1973 or '74. A big storm rolled through and took out the power. After some repairs had been made, VP took to the main stage as if he had just arm wrestled the devil, stepped up to the mic and said, emphatically, "I'm still here!" The audience ate it up. It became the focal point of one of the ROA albums that they released.

Edited by waysider

stepped up to the mic and said, emphatically, "I'm still here!" The audience ate it up. It became the focal point of one of the ROA albums that they released.

I'm telling you, P.T. Barnum could take lessons from this a$$-hat.