GreaseSpot Cafe

What kind of teacher was rosie?

Ham

Apparently she was a teacher before da miracle cleansing program of da way corpse.

Was she.. inspiring? Motivating? Controlling? A Dicktater?

Just wonder.. anybody here, or anyone we know of that had da *priviledge* to be in her classroom?

What did she teach?

When, where did she teach?

Any "successful" students?

I met her at a coffehouse in Greenville, NC at the East Carolina University Way Home when I was in my early 20s. As I recall, she was an English teacher for Gifted and Talented students, and one of her students, Ricky Canady, who had taken the PFAL class in New Bern (where she lived and taught) had witnessed to her. He brought her up to a Saturday night coffeehouse at ECU. She was quite the novelty at the time because no one, not even the Limb leadership at the time, Rev. Doug Emerson and his wife, Connie (later Panarello) was as old as she was. She had a meteoric rise to fame in the Way. I don't recall ever hearing from any other person in her class. I only met Ricky once or twice. He did not stay in the Way long.

So its all Ricky's fault... :)

She did have a meteoric rise up the way tree - any one know how that happened? Seriously, I've always wondered how she did that. She even eclipsed Elana Wh**tesite - which was hard to do. EW was the only woman I ever heard VP publically talk about how intelligent she was and how much he respected her. She was a very intelligent woman. So, how did Rosie top that and go "to the top"?

Oh, wait, let me guess... some special one on one meetings with VP?

If she is (was?) such a gifted teacher, how come everyone reports SNS as being so very boring? And why isn't she teaching "how to teach" (and make it interesting) to the WC and other leadership? Because as well as being "gifted" there are also teaching techniques that can be learned by those less gifted.

...pfal 77...that was her big step.

Vic put her in charge of the whole shebang! All the physical aspects...housing, the main auditorium,

food services...etc. That's the first time I ever saw her or heard of her. While the rest of us were unwashed hippies, she was a "southern belle" with that syrupy sounthern accent...Vic fell for it.

I disliked her the first moment I laid eyes on her.

She's an administrator, not a teacher. I've heard her speak and it's pitiful.

If she is (was?) such a gifted teacher, how come everyone reports SNS as being so very boring? And why isn't she teaching "how to teach" (and make it interesting) to the WC and other leadership? Because as well as being "gifted" there are also teaching techniques that can be learned by those less gifted.

She has done all these things and the end result is the boring, wonder bread teachings that crank out week from week. It's all her doing and her and her cheerleaders consider it the "best" and "timeless."

Didn't she teach Defense Against the Dark Arts at Hogwart's?

no that was Dumbledore aka LCM :biglaugh:oops, sorry that was Valdormet(?), you know the villian in the Harry Potter series

Edited by Thomas Loy Bumgarner

soooo.. what has she taught "da way"..

don't depend on God, or (god forbid) an employer.. to hold to their promises..

*full sharing*? bah..

it isn't there.. unless one has more money than gawd himself..

yep.. you've taught *us* a lot..

But if you look closely at the picture (of Delores)..

she is *somewhat* pretty. i.e., not vexingly.. what's the word.. I won't say it here..

rosie.

This is the illustration from the book... much closer, I think.

c12--professor-umbridge.jpg

:anim-smile::biglaugh: now, now Jane. if you can't say anything nice about a person, then gossip and truth will win you out(you thought I was going to say then don't talk about them, didn't you?) :who_me::eusa_clap:

Going back to the title of this thread - I don't know if I would really give her the title of "teacher". I think that the term "instructor" is a better fit.

Teachers usually interact with their students in some way...and are not usually made from stone. They also have more than one dress.

Going back to the title of this thread - I don't know if I would really give her the title of "teacher". I think that the term "instructor" is a better fit.

Teachers usually interact with their students in some way...and are not usually made from stone. They also have more than one dress.

And their gaze does not turn people to stone.

Apparently she was a teacher before da miracle cleansing program of da way corpse.

Was she.. inspiring? Motivating? Controlling? A Dicktater?

Just wonder.. anybody here, or anyone we know of that had da *priviledge* to be in her classroom?

What did she teach?

When, where did she teach?

Any "successful" students?

I never heard of her until I heard her when she was promoting the U of L classes.

Not sure if she was in charge of that area of "outreach courses" or not,

but I do remember she did a lot of U of L "info-mercials" on the SNS tapes.

If she was indeed a teacher in life before twi, i can hardly imagine her as either: inspiring OR motivated.

Her very demeanor (talking about the U of L) invited NO feedback. Boring as could be,

even though I was interested in (and did sign up for) the program.

She repeated "party line", smiled a lot, and with her syrup southern drawl she talked and you listened.

I can't imagine her being any different if (in fact) she was a teacher. Zebras don't change their spots.

Or - - - was that saying suppozed to be - - leopards don't change their stripes? biglaugh.gif

Regardless - - - she's a verbal paraplegic when it comes to motivational/ instructional teaching.

If one could find a way to make a little pill of her speaking, It would be the best "sleep" medication ever. anim-smile.gif

This is of course (as always) - - - - My Humble imo. spy.gif

She tried to "teach" me during my last staff evaluation in 1986 that I didn't need to have any time for personal reading/study of the Bible because, after all, I was reading the Way Magazine and other Way Pubs in the course of my work every day. That was just one of many red flags she waved in my face.

Thanks, Rosalie. If I hadn't seen your true colors I might have stuck around longer than I did. And realizing that VPW gave a woman like her so much responsibility was another eye opener. It became clear to me that his judgment was nowhere near the spiritual level I had once thought it was.

Back to the original question of this thread, I can't imagine she was ever an inspiring high school teacher. I never saw her teach in twi. All I ever saw her do was parrot the party line and spit out indoctrination. Oh...and rules...lots and lots of rules.

• Upvote 1

She tried to "teach" me during my last staff evaluation in 1986 that I didn't need to have any time for personal reading/study of the Bible because, after all, I was reading the Way Magazine and other Way Pubs in the course of my work every day. That was just one of many red flags she waved in my face.

Sure - she has an inherent belief that her "program" brings the deliverance of God or something. She sees herself as the ultimate in "helps and governments" as described along with the gift ministries. All you need to do is "get with her program" to see deliverance.

In reality it is the ultimate in false visions. Making up a bunch of rules and ordering people around does nothing but dictate their freedom in Christ to be under a new set of rules - a new "law" that was neither brought by nor supported by Jesus Christ. Colossians 2:20-22 directly confronts this type of thing. Why do people who are free in Christ subject themselves to the bondage of man?

With the false visions though, it's highly common in some of the most damaging leaders in politics, government, and religion to have that kind of extreme false vision. That type of thing started the Crusades, got Germany marching towards WW2, etc.

In reality it produces what VPW tried to do in differentiating TWI in his little "adaptation" poem Ode to the Way Corps - where he says "not ivy covered walls where dull denominational traditions rule with heavy hands believers' deeply springing powers". That is EXACTLY what TWI is today.

Chockfull:

In reality it is the ultimate in false visions. Making up a bunch of rules and ordering people around does nothing but dictate their freedom in Christ to be under a new set of rules - a new "law" that was neither brought by nor supported by Jesus Christ. Colossians 2:20-22 directly confronts this type of thing. Why do people who are free in Christ subject themselves to the bondage of man?

They have substituted the doctrine of God and used the doctrine of men. We've all been warned against this. This may have begun when earlier, people followed the charismatic VP....and other "leadership" patterned themselves on this false teacher.