GreaseSpot Cafe

Hold the microphone.....Hold the power

skyrider

The power of the microphone is a wonder to behold.

Actually, it's not the microphone itself.....but the PERSON, the PERSONA, or the PARTY that dominates the airwaves. Twi's teachings and classes play a significant part in molding thoughts and conforming doctrine......but its MORE than that!

LUNCHTIME AT THE WAY......was a power play that few acknowledge. More often than not, lunchtime "announcements" began about 20 minutes after the food had been passed around. Yeah....20 minutes, about the time people began to actively CONVERSE around the table and talk about their day and so forth. But like, on cue, some leader from the head table would pop up and grab the microphone!!

Seemed like twi had a system of suppressing conversation...... :evildenk:

Seemed like twi was using this time to control thought........ :evildenk:

Seemed like twi had an agenda to overload the airwaves........ :evildenk:

Clearly, this was NOT like my high school cafeteria days. Nor did it have any resemblance to my college lunches at the dormitory....not even in the same ballpark. Can't a guy have some space here? Why do they insist on "assaulting" my lunch hour???

C'mon wierwille.....do you have to treat us like kids?? Do you have to condescend to us every day, even at lunch?

C'mon martindale....do you have to give us your version of the world? Are you the "way's version" of a newscaster?

Holding the microphone is like holding a sword.....it represents POWER.

The power of persuasion, the power of controlling thought.....is one of the great deceptions known to mankind.

The premise of a stated position......is the fulcrum of leveraging power. Court attorneys know this very well.

Closing arguments have the ability to persuade a jury as they go to deliberate both sides of justice.

Remember this from twi?

Watch Your Thoughts

Watch your thoughts, because they become your words.

Watch your words, because they become your actions.

Watch your actions, because they become your habits.

Watch your habits, because they becomes your life.

Watch your life, because it becomes your destiny.

TWI STANDS AT THE MICROPHONE DAY AFTER DAY.......TO HELP YOU 'WATCH YOUR THOUGHTS.'

Edited by skyrider

When I was at HQ, the cabinet were on a rotating schedule to handle lunch. Week from week it was the same mind numbing stuff. Recap of the boring a$$ sunday teaching dis-service, various department coordinators and cabinet giving work related announcements, and of course Rosie sitting at the head table waiting for the lunchtime emcee to make the slightest mistake so she could pounce on the poor slob. I hated going to lunch. Not to mention the food sucked due to budget cuts from the mid nineties.

Oh lunchtimes...I remember some of LCM's rants. One of 'em went on for...a couple of hours, I think. Must have been something really important. Some staff discreetly left. Most didn't. 400 or so people captive... taken away from their valuable jobs. No wonder a number of members of staff just didn't bother coming to the midday meal.

And hey, it wasn't just lunchtime.

We could get that for breakfast (though that was more usually the Corps Coordinator) and once in a while for the evening meal.

Indigestion, anyone?

When I was at HQ, the cabinet were on a rotating schedule to handle lunch. Week from week it was the same mind numbing stuff. Recap of the boring a$$ sunday teaching.....

Do those people not realize that they're living in an ECHO CHAMBER..??

Living in a world.....without hardly a thought to call their own.

Oh lunchtimes...I remember some of LCM's rants. One of 'em went on for...a couple of hours, I think. Must have been something really important. Some staff discreetly left. Most didn't. 400 or so people captive... taken away from their valuable jobs. No wonder a number of members of staff just didn't bother coming to the midday meal.

Isn't the lunchtime meal.....MANDATORY?

Perhaps, not in writing....but stern warnings are issued about the IMPORTANCE of these midday "announcements." In other words, if you mess up on something because you didn't hear that "memo" tucked in 40 minutes of ranting.....then it's YOUR FAULT.

See...that's how manipulative the whole outfit is. If numbers of staffers start to skip the meals, the higher ups are hellbent on TARGETING YOU and thwart your individuality!

It's a children's song.

Someone pointed out once that a number of things were all a part of treating twi'ers like

children and vpw as the sole father-figure.

Is there a thread on this topic? It's so true, and it's vital to understand the scope of the manipulation that was used. If one doesn't understand the scope of the manipulation used, one can't identify it or break completely free from it. It will always be there in your mind, working its work.

One of my last fellowship meetings was appalling in this aspect, the songs they chose to sing were almost all children's songs even though the attendees were adult. It would come as news, I suppose, to that fellowship coordinator that one can be an adult, act like an adult, sing like an adult, and still be a child of God. Maybe even a better one!

Even more annoying than the singing of childish songs was the baby talk at that fellowship, how Daddy will take pweshus care of his snuggum widdle children wif power and give us pweshus hugs and bwess us weal big. ooooooohh, wub u!!

Not "mandatory" but STRONGLY ENCOURAGED for the edification of the believer. Literal translation of this policy according to usage?

If you don't come we will send your department coordinator to get in your face about how if you aren't blessed with the fellowship of like minded believers there must be something spiritually wrong with you - and that has to be confronted.

If you don't come we will send your department coordinator to get in your face about how if you aren't blessed with the fellowship of like minded believers there must be something spiritually wrong with you - and that has to be confronted.

Yep! There are still way corps at HQ who will happily do this sort of thing. I mean, after all, "Why wouldn't you want to attend the noon meal?"

Not "mandatory" but STRONGLY ENCOURAGED for the edification of the believer. Literal translation of this policy according to usage?

Translation: We have power OVER you and will ultimately drive you into submission....or drive you away.

Every staff employee faces those daily crossroads where conformity meets conscience.

I was on staff in '83-'84 (I think, memory is getting bad). I prolly ate lunch at the dining room a half dozen times. The food was bad and after I got reproved for having my elbows a bit too close to the edge of the table I stopped going completely.

I remember the Living Victoriously class (June/July 1982). It was an advanced class special; there was no AC that year. We had time off in the afternoons but during all meals Moynihan and Jenkinson got on the microphones and held our hands till the end of the meal. It was light, not heavy, but yeah, give me my space. I agree.

I remember the Living Victoriously class (June/July 1982). It was an advanced class special; there was no AC that year. We had time off in the afternoons but during all meals Moynihan and Jenkinson got on the microphones and held our hands till the end of the meal. It was light, not heavy, but yeah, give me my space. I agree.

johniam......apples and oranges.

The Living Victoriously Class was open to faithful followers and international students and a major event

leading up to the 40th Anniversary of TWI, Martindale as next prez, and wierwille stepping down.

Lunchtimes......at headquarters were/are totally micro-managed.

Lunchtimes......at corps locations, manipulative & heavy-handed.

Let me add this. Craig and Vicster were in charge and anyone who dared dissent was dealt with harshly. Rosie is no different, except she coats her harshness in saccharin. Now, Craig and Vic loved rambling on and on whenever they had a microphone. Rosie appears to have delegated most of the so called "teaching" to a preselected panel. Even the noon meal emcees know months in advance when their scheduled week. But she so tightly micromanages what is said that she may as well speak it herself. From the STS, AC specials, noon meal emcees, etc. all have a format and layers of control. And God forbid something rubs her the wrong way because you will know about it ASAP. So she holds the power while some boot licking stooge holds the mic.

There is a legal side to this as well since she doesn't want recordings to be used as evidence against TWI in court.

Let me add this. Craig and Vicster were in charge and anyone who dared dissent was dealt with harshly. Rosie is no different, except she coats her harshness in saccharin. Now, Craig and Vic loved rambling on and on whenever they had a microphone. Rosie appears to have delegated most of the so called "teaching" to a preselected panel. Even the noon meal emcees know months in advance when their scheduled week. But she so tightly micromanages what is said that she may as well speak it herself. From the STS, AC specials, noon meal emcees, etc. all have a format and layers of control.

OldSkool.....yeah, "layers of control"

Stuff like this always reminds me of martindale's teaching the significance of the CROCODILE in Babylonian symbolism

and culture. The over-lapping scales provided for an IMPENETRABLE protection from its enemies. The layers of armour

garnered respect and fear from this formidable creature.

But she so tightly micromanages what is said that she may as well speak it herself. From the STS, AC specials, noon meal emcees, etc. all have a format and layers of control. And God forbid something rubs her the wrong way because you will know about it ASAP. So she holds the power while some boot licking stooge holds the mic.

There is a legal side to this as well since she doesn't want recordings to be used as evidence against TWI in court.

<sarcasm>

My God, who could not be attracted to want to live in an environment and under an authority figure like that?

</sarcasm>

Isn't the lunchtime meal.....MANDATORY?

Perhaps, not in writing....but stern warnings are issued about the IMPORTANCE of these midday "announcements." In other words, if you mess up on something because you didn't hear that "memo" tucked in 40 minutes of ranting.....then it's YOUR FAULT.

See...that's how manipulative the whole outfit is. If numbers of staffers start to skip the meals, the higher ups are hellbent on TARGETING YOU and thwart your individuality!

I once skipped lunch and took a nap. Nobody caught me. It was awesome. :sleep1: LOL.

Let me add this. Craig and Vicster were in charge and anyone who dared dissent was dealt with harshly. Rosie is no different, except she coats her harshness in saccharin. Now, Craig and Vic loved rambling on and on whenever they had a microphone. Rosie appears to have delegated most of the so called "teaching" to a preselected panel. Even the noon meal emcees know months in advance when their scheduled week. But she so tightly micromanages what is said that she may as well speak it herself. From the STS, AC specials, noon meal emcees, etc. all have a format and layers of control. And God forbid something rubs her the wrong way because you will know about it ASAP. So she holds the power while some boot licking stooge holds the mic.

They used to tape them in case Loyster got revelation. Sometimes if he ranted on for a couple hours he would end up by patting himself on the back then say he wanted a tape sent to the other "campuses". Sometimes it would be sent to leaders or all corpsey on the feild.

I know this because I was once the subject of one of these famous lunch time rants. It was well over an hour and sent to all the "root" locations and leaders on the "feild".