GreaseSpot Cafe

Say what?

OldSkool

I like to think of SOWERS as being a sort of tobacco industry equivalent for the bible carrying crowd. For years, the tobacco industry knew of the dangers of cigarette smoking but they made a concerted effort to downplay and even conceal those dangers from the consuming public. Now, thanks to educational efforts, tobacco sales and use have plummeted in developed countries. So, what does the tobacco industry do to bolster its bottom line? It targets a new, more vulnerable audience in the third world. It's taking a heavy toll on the people and the economies of said countries. Just like the tobacco industry must certainly know the dangers of the product it's promoting, SOWERS must certainly be aware of the tragic history and defective characteristics of its current product. So, what do they do? Target a new, unsuspecting sector of the religious market. This approach seems to be more successful than the antiquated business model its predecessor continues to follow.

oh, he talks now ?

Yeah, but with forked tongue. As long as one knew that then he was easy to deal with. He really is sort of a sad case. He knows better than to do what he is doing but also knows he will never make as much money as he is with the way international. Sad, to say the least. He is also sort of a chess player with Rosalie and ministry politics. I would have to say you could trust him right about as far as you could throw him.

In spite of his shortcomings and the littered hi-way of lives he has had a hand in wreking ---- in spite of all of that. Somewhere underneath is a well meaning person. Honest. He would have done much better as an FBI agent than a minister.

never thought he would sell out to the fox ~ sad

He never really has. But since he knows where the bodies are buried (so to speak) they can't just get rid of him. Frankly, rosie and donna would love nothing more than to be done with him. But.....hehe.....things just aren't that simple sometimes. :biglaugh:

He never really has. But since he knows where the bodies are buried (so to speak) they can't just get rid of him. Frankly, rosie and donna would love nothing more than to be done with him. But.....hehe.....things just aren't that simple sometimes. :biglaugh:

Yeah.....there seems to be a world of difference between the corporate hdqtrs job of board meetings, name-drop authority, job entrenchment, security and seniority, and a comfy-a$$ chair to sit in. Many of those 8th corps guys.....John L., Gary F., John Reynolds,.....settled in these cornfield corporate staff jobs and there till death.

Contrast that with the field branch corps who have to find secular work AND oversee twi's outreach work. Thus, its NO SUPRISE that the field corps get smacked upside the head with reality, paying bills, fighting traffic, running classes, jumping hoops, filling out outreach reports, witnessing nights........ALL TYPES OF THINGS that hq-corps rarily face.

Is there any wonder why the field corps find the exit doors much quicker?

ALL TYPES OF THINGS that hq-corps rarily face.

Is there any wonder why the field corps find the exit doors much quicker?

The very same things rosalie has never faced but demands from the field way corps!

He never really has. But since he knows where the bodies are buried (so to speak) they can't just get rid of him. Frankly, rosie and donna would love nothing more than to be done with him. But.....hehe.....things just aren't that simple sometimes.

well thank you oldschool

Maybe he should come to the Cafe and carry out some exhumation.

I only wish. He prints off GSC forums for rosie to read. Psst....tell her I said this:

:mooner:

They lurk here looking for threats and/or something that can be used against GSC. Since they can't do anything about the truth that is published about them they would love nothing more than to find something incriminating.

I wonder if rosie is making people sign non-disclosure agreements yet. :anim-smile:

Isn't this one of the old wow pins? Ok, I will reiterate my shock that the way has not sued SOWERS yet. I wonder if Rozilla is just too tired? :biglaugh:

Guess, little Victoid is into necromancy. :unsure:

I do not know the honesty or ego of V2P2's heart in his endeavors so I will not judge him much yet on his doings. I could only warn him he needs to seriously take a long look at how his namesake corrupted what could have a beautiful thing for his personal lusts and greeds.

Seeing as Der Vey [sIEG HEIL!!] under the once and future Fuhrer RosyLie has elevated VP to true godhood status, it would be exceeding unseemly for them to go the route of the pharisees by persec prosecuting V2P2, the grandson of god.

:blink: <_< Duuhh... hey, Looie, is dis what dey call a conundrum..? :P

OldSkool,

Your insights on John Hind... er, Linder intrigue me. Though I found him and The WayGB as fun targets here in the past, it pleases me even more that there may one who can be a real pain in the roids to RosyLie and she can't do a thing about it. :anim-smile:

Nah, she HATES CFF.

Oh, yeah, she sure does. Who remembers the bulletin board in the east lobby of the OSC, where everyone would enter for lunch (or "dinner" if you're out of touch in German farmland)? On the bulletin board would appear Rosie-approved cards, photos, letters, and newspaper articles. One day a newspaper article was posted about a big CFF meeting where some of the food they served was contaminated and a lot of the members got sick from it. People were reading this article and joking about it, like it was funny or like they were getting what they deserved. How completely uncompassionate is that?

Wasn't there a story about some of the in-residence Way Corpse getting sick from food at HQ and then being told something about their believing being the cause? Ummm...can you say hypocrite?

Wasn't there a story about some of the in-residence Way Corpse getting sick from food at HQ and then being told something about their believing being the cause? Ummm...can you say hypocrite?

Oh? When? First I've heard of this. But then, that's no surprise.

I like to think of SOWERS as being a sort of tobacco industry equivalent for the bible carrying crowd. For years, the tobacco industry knew of the dangers of cigarette smoking but they made a concerted effort to downplay and even conceal those dangers from the consuming public. Now, thanks to educational efforts, tobacco sales and use have plummeted in developed countries. So, what does the tobacco industry do to bolster its bottom line? It targets a new, more vulnerable audience in the third world. It's taking a heavy toll on the people and the economies of said countries. Just like the tobacco industry must certainly know the dangers of the product it's promoting, SOWERS must certainly be aware of the tragic history and defective characteristics of its current product. So, what do they do? Target a new, unsuspecting sector of the religious market. This approach seems to be more successful than the antiquated business model its predecessor continues to follow.

Who do you think this new religious market is????

Who do you think this new religious market is????

The younger generation, especially those who have family ties to The Way.

SOWERS is simply an updated version of what The Way was doing 40 years ago.....In musical terms, think of it as a modernized cover version of an old song, that appeals to current musical tastes.

I do not know the honesty or ego of V2P2's heart in his endeavors so I will not judge him much yet on his doings. I could only warn him he needs to seriously take a long look at how his namesake corrupted what could have a beautiful thing for his personal lusts and greeds.

I tried that. "The young man" is fully accountable for whatever evil transpires, as far as I am concerned.

SOWERS is simply an updated version of what The Way was doing 40 years ago.....In musical terms, think of it as a modernized cover version of an old song, that appeals to current musical tastes.

Are sowers some sort of splinter group or branch under the way?

Are sowers some sort of splinter group or branch under the way?

Best I can figure they are a splinter of a splinter. I think they came out of CFF w/o CFF really wanting them to. Correct me if I am wrong, I am still trying to get a handle on their origins me-self.

Is this what you are talking about..... Someone posted this on FB

http://cardullo.zenfolio.com/events/sowers2012/h3E5DFA77#h3e5dfa77

"Wierwille Memorial Library"?

T-shirt with "Be Strong" and 4.13 written on it?

Blue banner with yellow writing "The Word.......of God" on it?

I didn't see the door marked Exit - please point me in that direction immediately!

• Upvote 1

"Wierwille Memorial Library"?

T-shirt with "Be Strong" and 4.13 written on it?

Blue banner with yellow writing "The Word.......of God" on it?

I didn't see the door marked Exit - please point me in that direction immediately!

Yep, looks like second verse same as the first.