GreaseSpot Cafe

Googling "The Way International"

skyrider

Maybe its just me.....but I get amused when I google the way international and before I finish typing out "international" the drop-down box shows the way international cult. Yep, CULT. The internet raises the red flag for anyone who might have just gotten witnessed to and goes home to google it to learn more.

Then, the first page has a link to wikipedia.....that gives a basic synopsis of twi, with controversial issues and cult allegations and splinter groups. Another link goes to Dr. John Juedes site. Another link goes to "The Cult That Snapped" by Karl Kahler. Another link of The 'Closing' of The Way International by John P. Juedes. Another link to Letter from John Lynn. And, a couple of other links.

GreaseSpot Cafe show up on page 2.

My, oh my.....the super highway of information is at one's fingertips. Twi can no longer hide in obscurity. Sure, they'll still target the wanderers, outcasts, dissatisfied, searching,......but the internet SHOUTS FROM THE ROOFTOPS that twi ain't good. Long gone are the days of those early '70s when I was pitched with its "biblical research." One doesn't need to rush home from work, drive a distance to a class session 4X a week, getting home around 10:50pm each time......just to learn some bible. Those days are LONG GONE.

The world wide web.......its a beauuuutiful thang! :)

• Upvote 1

The internet has absolutely smashed the way international. Yet, Rosalie considers the internet "dirty communication." Whatever that is in this context? :anim-smile:

She is the blind leading a lot of folks who can see but have been trained to "go down with the ship." And so they are. Most of what is left is long standing folks who endured the POOP / fog years, Martindale's purges that would have made Stalin proud, the Allen lawsuit, and years of lame publications of drab, watered down, garbage that Rosalie and the gang have carefully sanitized. They are not growing. The advanced class, way disciple, and way corps numbers shout that from the rooftops.

I for one am glad Rosie is so pigheaded and out of touch with reality to not consider how the internet has exposed the belly of the beast. All the while she has put YEARS into sanitizing The Teacher's sins away....except because of this pesky internet they just won't go away.

I for one am glad Rosie is so pigheaded and out of touch with reality to not consider how the internet has exposed the belly of the beast. All the while she has put YEARS into sanitizing The Teacher's sins away....except because of this pesky internet they just won't go away.

Rosalie and co. have a blind spot.....they cannot see how glaring their hypocrisy is to the average joe. While they think they're so spiritual, even newbies can spot that things are NOT what twi portrays them to be.

A vastly empty auditorium even though tightly scripted camera angles attempt otherwise. Heck, turn on the tv some sunday morning and SEE THE CAMERA ANGLES ON A JOEL OSTEEN SERVICE. Thousands and thousands in the audience. As I've mentioned time and time again, Mrs. Wierwille's book is loaded with the obvious-- VP Wierwille was NOT the mogfat whom God Almighty summoned to lead the thirsty to water. The guy lied, stole, deceived, plagairized, and bullied his way to a self-proclaimed pulpit.

I often think that the aging staffers KNOW that the deception doesn't play well anymore......but simply continue to act out this soap opera drama anyway. Where else is a 63 year old purchasing agent going to go? What else is a 62 year old gonna do to find something better?....who has a little gig where he can pose as a "legal department guy" and twi-seniority to throw his weight around? Sure, the pay sucks.....but in middle America, in podunk rural Ohio, it ain't that bad! Besides, some of these corps sit on inheritance money anyways.

Of course, the honorable thing would be to man-up......and call out the hypocrisy. But that ship has long done sailed.

Anyone of those "long-standing" staffers who had a shred of integrity would EXPOSE twi's lies. While the internet bombs the heck out of their closely guarded secrets.......they hunker down and act like "nothing to see here, folks." Yeah, right. The obvious is blatantly stinking obvious that a blind man could walk the grounds of twi and smell the hypocrisy.

Yet......they have their reward.

However small it is, they have their temporary, adulating reward. Legends of their own mind, aren't they? Yet, the fawning followers are fading away.....one by one. The next generation is not going to join this little parade. Maybe some.....but not like before. Just too many holes in their drums to make alot of noise these days. Little do they realize that the crowd is laughing AT THEM.

And......the hypocrisy is so thick that twi can't even finish vpw's biography work. Mrs. Wierwille wrote volume 1 and it stopped in 1961. So, this "awesome ministry work" of wierwille lived for FOUR YEARS -- 1957-1961? Where is the last 24 years?

Twi can't even finish the written biography of the late, great victor paul wierwille... :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Edited by skyrider

Sky, your search engine brings up different items from those brought up by mine...

Actually before I discovered GSC, I googled TWI because I wanted to write to "apologize" (for having a brain, blah blah.... whatever was necessary to fall on my sword). First up was not TWI but GSC - I read with fascinated horror all the stories... never carried on the search for TWI's address. Never went back.

A search doesn't seem to bring up GSC now, not at the same high level...fewer users???

Looking at the TWI home page again - "Contact us" - write (address). Good grief, don't they understand that internet users like to click on a button and contact people that way? (Somebody at TWI knows that.) They can only be afraid of the deluge of abusive emails they would otherwise receive. Though they would rationalize and say that people would write by snail mail if they were really interested.

No doubt they haven't thought out the converse. If people write to them, they get people's email addresses, IP addresses, can track/trace who's who that way. Though those fear tactics are well defused now for most old-time denizens of the Cafe.

Don't know whether to respond, "TWI is the bogey man"

or

"Bogey men welcome at the Cafe. First cup of coffee on the house"

The obvious other answers include that twi doesn't want to spend time on other people

so they don't WANT to open dialogues online. Splinters don't either- and when they open

them, they shut them down again. And in twi, if they catch you online talking to people,

they lean on you until you shut down your dialogue. (Anyone remember the

"Family Tables" messageboard?)

Finally, most of the people on twi staff are clueless at technology. The most intricate

things they do nowadays is read all the posts at the GSC and follow links to see if they

can find someone new to intimidate. (Most of the stuff they shut down was all discovered

by them reading our posts because they can't use a search engine correctly.)

As for the google rankings being different, google switched their algorithms some time

back. This prevented people from moving sites up the rankings on purpose, since that

allowed for pranks and for advertisers to manipulate the results. One consequence was

that a lot of legitimate first results moved down a page or 2.

One relevant discussion on this board: Family Table

You may find the very first post ... enlightening ... as to the purpose of that board.

If you go to the search box at the top of the page (menu) and enter "family table" (complete with " ) you will get a list of topics discussing this. If you miss off the " you will get a different result.

The other day I heard a commercial on the radio for a company that would help sanitize one's presence on the Internet. I think the company was called something like reputation.com. I immediately thought of TWI and wondered if they knew about this service. Then I imagined this company’s response to TWI may be something like “Well, I don’t know if we can help you. Our services are for people whose reputations are muddied unfairly.”

Then I thought of the “Pick of the Week” fiasco from a few years ago.

Then I smiled. That was quality entertainment.

They played off Pick of the Week like they were selected out of a tight race or something. Come to find out I heard it was a paid infomercial.

Yes. TWI tooted their horn loud that they had been "picked" as a stellar organization by an outside company and were highlighted in a about a 3 minute commercial declaring them the “Pick of the Week”. They were blowing the buttons off of their chests with pride. Until…..it was shown that they paid to be “picked”, to the tune of about 29 thousand dollars. It was the equivalent of receiving a letter that your poem had been chosen out of 1000’s of entries as being exceptional and was worthy of being included in a book. All you had to do is cough up xx dollars to have it included. It plays to ego and stupidity.

It’s fun to read about the whole thing unraveling. There are a number of threads here that document it. Just search "Pick of the Week".

It still makes me laugh.

The internet has absolutely smashed the way international. Yet, Rosalie considers the internet "dirty communication." Whatever that is in this context? :anim-smile:

Yes, censorship. They can't silence it, so the next best thing is to make up a scripture context and label it as evil. Thus she will teach all the "corrupt communication" verses in the context of posting negative things about TWI on the internet.

Of course the reality is that people here on GSC are telling the truth about TWI, and Rosalie is lying. But until TWI followers, questioners, etc. come to the point where they are willing to consider that their commander in chief is lying, they won't believe the truthful accounts here. She is lying like a rug, and has a multitude of witnesses against her. Once people start to see that she does not deserve the spiritual authority they have allowed her over their lives, the curtain is drawn back and the puppetmaster is exposed.

I've heard through the grapevine that many innies don't trust what is written here because, for the most part, the posts are anonymous. Has anyone else heard that?

I've heard through the grapevine that many innies don't trust what is written here because, for the most part, the posts are anonymous. Has anyone else heard that?

Haven't heard that exactly. But when I was an innie people seem to avoid this place because they tend to view the content through way goggles. "It's all one big attack of the adversary." That sort of illogic. However, many have no earthly idea what is actually posted here or that their revered "Dr." :rolleyes: Wierwille was actually an abusive, sexual predator.

I mean after all, shouldn't his victims just get over it? :realmad:

And they would never imagine his degree was from a mail order mill, or that he plagiarized his "research" from many other authors.

Nope - Way goggles have the power of blinding people to the obvious truth that they just couldn't otherwise stomach.

Then there are the ones who know right well (a.k.a. Rosie and Donna, and their ilk) and do all they can to suppress the truth. They have their reward.

And for the record, I post anonymous because I do NOT want my real name associated with the way international on the internet in anyway, shape or, form. Those who know me and my situation know exactly who I am, including WAYGB and Rosalie. :mooner:

Amen to all of that, OldSkool. I own my own business and Lord knows I do not want that business associated in any way with The Way. I have a reputation to uphold, and being a former brainwashed cult member doesn't look too good.

• Upvote 1

Amen to all of that, OldSkool. I own my own business and Lord knows I do not want that business associated in any way with The Way. I have a reputation to uphold, and being a former brainwashed cult member doesn't look too good.

Dig that!

Haven't heard that exactly. But when I was an innie people seem to avoid this place because they tend to view the content through way goggles. "It's all one big attack of the adversary." That sort of illogic. However, many have no earthly idea what is actually posted here or that their revered "Dr." :rolleyes: Wierwille was actually an abusive, sexual predator.

When one is indoctrinated and entrenched in deep perspectives and ideologies, whether religious, political, etc......to them, it is totally "logical" to tow that stated viewpoint/doctrine. That, to me, is understandable. And, quite frankly....I wouldn't expect anything else. Twi has to hide and deceive......and label GS as "the enemy." I wear this badge with confidence.

Rosalie is so plastic.....that she, in no way, can sit near a nightowl campfire.

Think about it this way......how many of us came to Waydale or GS and thought Martindale was the main problem with twi going astray? For many, the legalism and arrogance and sexual abuse and the loyalty letter were reasons to exit twi. Yet, as the "ole curtain" was pulled back, further and further........lo and behold, victor paul wierwille was pushing and pulling all the levers of power, control and abuse. Wierwille had "programmed" me to a deceptive doctrine and the machinery of twi.

The further one steps away.......the picture becomes clear. Wierwille and co. pushed straight-up INDOCTRINATION.

But like many here......it sometimes takes one traumatic event or confrontation for an innie to deeply question twi. And, if they will spend some time AWAY FROM TWI AND OFFSHOOTS.......then, possibly they might be tempted to lurk here awhile. And,....even post.

Even today.......I sometimes find it embarrassing to admit how deeply indoctrinated I was.

<_<

Edited by skyrider

And for the record, I post anonymous because I do NOT want my real name associated with the way international on the internet in anyway, shape or, form. Those who know me and my situation know exactly who I am, including WAYGB and Rosalie. :mooner:

Yeah.....what you said.

Even back in the day.....when I informed martindale that my wife and I no longer agreed with the direction of twi, he sent his attack dogs "two region coordinators" to our city. Not ONE corps-innie person phoned us.....they all fell in line and obeyed the forehead, martindale.

Dozens of others have phoned us thru the years.

But the corps......NO. They have their marching orders, marching in lockstep.

So really.......does posting anonymous make any difference TO A CLOSED MIND?

They knew us back then......and NEVER ASKED why we chose to leave.

If that's the extent of "free will believers".......doesn't that speak for itself? :biglaugh:

Edited by skyrider