Jump to content
GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way --- There's an App for That!


Recommended Posts

Sometimes I just go on the old twi website to remind myself of how thankful I am to be out.  Took a little look see today and saw they now have an app.  Judging from the dates on the 83 100% 5 star reviews on the Google Play store, it hasn't been out for more than a month.

Lordy, lordy - can you imagine the notifications?  

Sorta feeling a little gaggy now.

Feel free to go check out the app on the apple store or google play and leave a review.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, an app!  Does that count - or not? - as being "on the internet" and therefore in that devil spirit infested place?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a quick look through their site.  Boring as heck.  Songs uninspiring, and the performers as wooden as fence posts.

I did notice something else about the site, though, that brings them into modern  age: a Give button - for those who want "to give toward the movement of God’s Word to the entire world."  And there's even an associated email address = "giving@..."  None being given by me, I hasten to add: they've had much more than appropriate over the years I was with them. 

They do have a section where people can "follow" them (108 followers), which might be a way of catching up with some folks' whereabouts.

 

Edited by Twinky
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 10 months later...
On 11/19/2019 at 5:15 PM, JavaJane said:

Sometimes I just go on the old twi website to remind myself of how thankful I am to be out.  Took a little look see today and saw they now have an app.  Judging from the dates on the 83 100% 5 star reviews on the Google Play store, it hasn't been out for more than a month.

Lordy, lordy - can you imagine the notifications?  

Sorta feeling a little gaggy now.

Feel free to go check out the app on the apple store or google play and leave a review.

JJ, no thank you!!  For perhaps the first time in my life, I am glad I am not "tech savvy. "  I am afraid I would leave a nasty review, and then be mad at myself for doing it.  I think I will stay, far, far away from TWI.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2019 at 6:35 PM, Twinky said:

I had a quick look through their site.  Boring as heck.  Songs uninspiring, and the performers as wooden as fence posts.

I did notice something else about the site, though, that brings them into modern  age: a Give button - for those who want "to give toward the movement of God’s Word to the entire world."  And there's even an associated email address = "giving@..."  None being given by me, I hasten to add: they've had much more than appropriate over the years I was with them. 

They do have a section where people can "follow" them (108 followers), which might be a way of catching up with some folks' whereabouts.

 

Twinky, I knew they would want money.  Nuts to them!!  I gave them a lot of money, when I was involved.  If I wanted to waste my money, I would play the Lottery, or gamble. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Stayed Too Long said:

I wonder how long negative reviews will be tolerated until they are removed?

Not long, I'd guess. I was blocked from their Twitter feed for asking pointed questions

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2020 at 9:54 PM, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Twinky, I knew they would want money.  Nuts to them!!  I gave them a lot of money, when I was involved.  If I wanted to waste my money, I would play the Lottery, or gamble. 

I gave them money when I hardly had any to give.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, outandabout said:

I gave them money when I hardly had any to give.

Yes ! And when I went through the corps training program I even gave them other people’s money - from my corps sponsors.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...