Jump to content
GreaseSpot Cafe

The End of the RFR Era


Recommended Posts

I'm wondering if she sees that the WC is so small, and numbers continue to fall, and she doesn't want to be the one left holding the parcel when the entire shebang finally collapses.  Then, she can blame the ultimate failure on somebody else.

I don't doubt that in leaving the Prez-ship or whatever she called herself, that she negotiated a good exit package.  Rather than a regular weekly or monthly pension, maybe she negotiated a biiig lump sum, which couldn't be clawed back from any assets that will have to be distributed if TWI is wound up.  You can be sure she didn't leave empty-handed, like so many other staff who were kicked out with nothing.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Do you ever wonder whether RFR and others ever ponder why they are so unpopular?  Why nobody really liked RFR (supposing she had enough awareness to know she wasn't liked)?  No doubt they'd say it was because of their "stand on the Word" (gag!) - an excellent catch-all when making an unpopular move - but do you suppose in their inner heart they know they're thuggish and bullying and too demanding?  Sure, there's no "exit interviews" but enough outgoing clergy and WC have made their thoughts known (viz, the R&R letter, only one of many).  The BoD can't be so unaware ... can they?

Link to post
Share on other sites

So let me get this straight.... my mother in law (who is still IN) gave her life the The Way as Corps. When her husband left because he was going to rat out Craig- she gets kicked off staff - without a retirement. But Donna stays for 20 years and is now CEO? How is this not seen as blatant disgusting double standard behavior? Oh I know... it’s par for the Way course! Ugh!!

Edited by bliss
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, bliss said:

So let me get this straight.... my mother in law (who is still IN) gave her life the The Way as Corps. When her husband left because he was going to rat out Craig- she gets kicked off staff - without a retirement. But Donna stays for 20 years and is now CEO? How is this not seen as blatant disgusting double standard behavior? Oh I know... it’s par for the Way course! Ugh!!

You expect anything with them to be rational?

 

 

On 7/31/2020 at 2:37 AM, Twinky said:

The BoD can't be so unaware ... can they?

You jest?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 6/16/2020 at 5:49 PM, Twinky said:

Wow!  And Vern is still in place!  What happened there?
Is she dead; had a stroke; really, really, retired from TWI - or is she hiding even deeper behind the scenes as some sort of "emeritus" or honorary member of the BOD?

Interesting times ahead!

Twinky, I would like to know also what happened to her.  I would not wish sickness, of death on her, but I would not be upset if she left TWI.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2020 at 8:46 PM, bliss said:

So let me get this straight.... my mother in law (who is still IN) gave her life the The Way as Corps. When her husband left because he was going to rat out Craig- she gets kicked off staff - without a retirement. But Donna stays for 20 years and is now CEO? How is this not seen as blatant disgusting double standard behavior? Oh I know... it’s par for the Way course! Ugh!!

Bliss, I think I might be going off-track, with this question, but you mentioned Donna M.  If RR has left, or been outed, did she take Donna with her?  I think Donna is long past retirement age,IIRC. I know RR, is 80(?), but but I would like to know what has happened to Donna.  Perhaps someone knows, and can post an answer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Now that makes sense. Is Donna on that board?

 

I don't know if this will clear things up but this Skyrider quote below is from the Vern Edwards the decision is yours thread :

On 7/17/2020 at 12:19 AM, skyrider said:

Why do I think Rosalie and Donna cunningly set this in motion?  LOL.   Give Vern and John little perky titles and a micro-managed lane to run in......to stroke their egos.  Yet, behind the CEO-curtain is where the power, control and money-management resides.  Rosalie and Donna win the long game of power!!!

1.  Vern Edwards is the president..........he oversees Sunday Service Teachings and outreach/class promotions

2.  John Rupp is the chairman of the board.........he sets up board meetings and manages hqtrs staff concerns

3.  Donna Martindale is the CEO.........as Chief Executive Officer, she sits in the corporate chair overseeing the power/money

 

P.S.  Didn't some of us tell you that Rosalie, before stepping down, would install Donna Martindale into power?

 

Edited by T-Bone
formatting
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2020 at 6:46 AM, skyrider said:

 

Sorry to disappoint any expectations...............but TWI is NOT going to dissolve.

When wierwille was president.....if he would have been exposed, then it could have been dissolved (maybe). 

I tend to think.......if the cult leader went down in flames, then the cult died.  But NOW, the system is the cult.  Much like Scientology that gives unbridled adulation to L. Ron Hubbard......the cult feeds off the 1) attaining spiritual enlightenment, 2) the mystique of the founder and  3)mysticism.  No one is going to be idolizing Vern Edwards or Donna Martindale......they are  merely figureheads that help the system keep the "railroad" running.

Vern will be micro-managed.  Rupp will be critiqued.  But Donna......she is the one in authority and no blame will come to her door.  When there are failures and mistakes...... Donna will step in and confront it.  Easy-peasy.  She is beyond reproach.  She is the "shadow governance" over the cult.

The evolution is complete.  

 

 

this above quote is important too - from same Vern Edwards decision thread

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 6/17/2020 at 10:07 AM, T-Bone said:

:offtopic:

I clicked on the bookstore (   TWI bookstore  and   research  ) and noticed that Power For Abundant Living (the orange book) is NOT listed there…guess I never got the memo on this omission in the lineup LOL  - was this discussed before on Grease Spot?

I remember some time in the early 2000's they were giving away multiple copies for free, emptying the stock at the bookstores and distributing them to fellowships.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AC04Ohio said:

I remember some time in the early 2000's they were giving away multiple copies for free, emptying the stock at the bookstores and distributing them to fellowships.

Hi , AC04Ohio that is a very interesting bit of information – and just speculating here but – I wonder if that was part of a feeble attempt to “reinvent”  The Way International. I say “reinvent” meaning to remake or redo their corporate persona with some semblance of legitimacy – since the Power For Abundant Living book (the orange book) epitomizes wierwille’s unabashed plagiarism…

You know – that had to be a decision from the top to get rid of the PFAL book…I’m just curious as to why… It really doesn’t matter how much TWI’s top leadership whitewashes the past – the insidious tactics, policies and procedures that wierwille instituted are still present…you can even change the label on the outside of a portable latrine (or cult) but it still has $hit on the inside.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2020 at 11:07 PM, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Bliss, I think I might be going off-track, with this question, but you mentioned Donna M.  If RR has left, or been outed, did she take Donna with her?  I think Donna is long past retirement age,IIRC. I know RR, is 80(?), but but I would like to know what has happened to Donna.  Perhaps someone knows, and can post an answer. 

Donna is CEO. Someone can clarify. But she hasn’t left nor giving up any power. She’s large and in charge. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

It’s the Wizard of Oz season 4 where the incestuous inbred farmers of Ohio run a cult and keep their personal very strange lives far away from prying eyes while they fleece people through mandated policy giving and put out worthless trash teachings during a pandemic.  
 

Don’t you wish you could be part of it again?

:jump:

Happy New Year spotters.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2020 at 4:04 PM, T-Bone said:

Hi , AC04Ohio that is a very interesting bit of information – and just speculating here but – I wonder if that was part of a feeble attempt to “reinvent”  The Way International. I say “reinvent” meaning to remake or redo their corporate persona with some semblance of legitimacy – since the Power For Abundant Living book (the orange book) epitomizes wierwille’s unabashed plagiarism…

You know – that had to be a decision from the top to get rid of the PFAL book…I’m just curious as to why… It really doesn’t matter how much TWI’s top leadership whitewashes the past – the insidious tactics, policies and procedures that wierwille instituted are still present…you can even change the label on the outside of a portable latrine (or cult) but it still has $hit on the inside.

Throughout the 90's and into 2000 Martindale was replacing much of what had been built under Wierwille and replacing it was his own brain farts. PFAL was replaced with The Way of Abundance & Power (WayAP); various "advanced studies" classes, e.g. Dealing With the Adversary, Witnessing & Undershepherding, Christian Family & Sex and others were replaced with classes taught by Martindale or other loyalists; The WOW program was replaced by Way Disciples; The Rock of Ages was eliminated; Martindale's book 'The Rise & Expansion of the Christian Church in The First Century' was promoted. Minor things like wearing your old green advanced class nametag or WOW pin were banned as "old wineskins". I was kicked out in 2001, so I don't know if this was reversed, but it would make sense that Martindale's contribution would be erased. What would it be replaced with? I thought I've seen references to Wierwille being emphasized again, but I don't know

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2020 at 6:42 AM, skyrider said:

 

This is not surprising.

At age 80.....I would imagine that Rosalie is tired, truly tired, of keeping up daily pretenses.  And, looking in her mirror.....it was time to face the reality that her aged body is not camera-ready without a lot of constant work.

The daily grind of details.....who quit, who exited, and who is going to go in and do damage control.  Hundreds of corps have exited since 2005.  And, that 2017 exodus took a swath of "big-names" (moynihans, forts, horneys, magnellis, fredericks, etc.) many who'd been involved since the early 70s.  Even for Rosa-lie.....that had to be depressing.  Could it be that this last *patch it up before leaving* was Rosa-lie's attempt to save a smidgeon of her legacy?  Yeah, a legacy of destruction.

No matter.  Life moves on......and the new guys who've been groomed in way-religion will "follow the yellow brick road."  They heard Wierwille was a whiz of a wiz.....if ever a wiz there was!  After martindale was ousted, Rosa-lie made sure wierwille regained his mog-title, in full.

When all is said and done......I think that Rosa-lie was holding out for that 20-year badge of honor.  She held the presidency for 20 years.....after martindale was kicked out for sexual predation (public confession in April 2000 of a "one-time affair" with Ms. Allen).  Thus, Rosa-lie held the throne from April 2000 - June 2020.  She had to clean up that unfortunate mishap with choosing Jean-Yves to run things.  But now.....she can claim to have held the post for 20 years as she holds onto this legend in her own mind.

So now, Rosalie will sit in an emeritus seat alongside Howard (the Duck) and Wanda.  What grand company the emeritus group is.....  LOL

There will be no change.....just a reshuffling of the deck chairs.

 

 

.

Sky, in other words, same S--t, just a different day.:asdf:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2021 at 2:40 PM, Oakspear said:

Throughout the 90's and into 2000 Martindale was replacing much of what had been built under Wierwille and replacing it was his own brain farts. PFAL was replaced with The Way of Abundance & Power (WayAP); various "advanced studies" classes, e.g. Dealing With the Adversary, Witnessing & Undershepherding, Christian Family & Sex and others were replaced with classes taught by Martindale or other loyalists; The WOW program was replaced by Way Disciples; The Rock of Ages was eliminated; Martindale's book 'The Rise & Expansion of the Christian Church in The First Century' was promoted. Minor things like wearing your old green advanced class nametag or WOW pin were banned as "old wineskins". I was kicked out in 2001, so I don't know if this was reversed, but it would make sense that Martindale's contribution would be erased. What would it be replaced with? I thought I've seen references to Wierwille being emphasized again, but I don't know

If so - they’ve gone from new and improved back to everything old is new again…makes me want to break out in song…you might remember this one by a blunderful old con-artist…it’s called will recycle be unbroken:

will recycle be unbroken

buy and buy a load, buy and buy

there’s a better scam a-waiting

in the lies, load up more lies

 

what a tune...I like the beat...I think you can dance to it...yeah...

 

...yeah... it’s a real toe-tapper, financial zapper,

frustrations and failures a real bi+ch slapper...

...like a mind-napper a naïve trapper

gonna send your life down the great white crapper... 

always gunning for you the bull$hit rapper   -  

don't ever get into their ring and fight a soul scrapper...

 

...T-Bone out   (drops the mic

Edited by T-Bone
alright so I don’t get paid for my songwriting…but I don’t have to quit my day job cuz I’m retired now
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

D'ya reckon she's negotiating for a place in or near the fountain of living waters?  (That memorial to the dead!!)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...