GreaseSpot Cafe

Why PFAL sucks

T-Bone

36 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

That's the illusion. We all FEEL like we have free will. 

Why don't you start a new topic on this. 

I haven't finished the NT Canon yet.

That might be fun, airing my free will theory here.

It wont be so much a beta test, though, as the canon was.  I've been beta testing my free will theory for years in various science discussion groups.

Just now, Mike said:

I haven't finished the NT Canon yet.

That might be fun, airing my free will theory here.

It wont be so much a beta test, though, as the canon was.  I've been beta testing my free will theory for years in various science discussion groups.

I encourage you unto your edification to start a new topic on it.

35 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Has anyone ever translated English back into glossolalia? Something I'm working on.

No, not yet  – but the more I watch Star Wars episodes, the more I want to prophesy like Yoda:

And know my children blessed you are

The farce is strong with this one

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

But is it really YOUR theory?

…the answer is blowing in the wind

1 minute ago, Nathan_Jr said:

I encourage you unto your edification to start a new topic on it.

If you start it, then people wont be scared away from it with my name at the beginning.

You could put your thoughts on it, invite others to do the same, and then when they had their say, I could join the thread.  And then I could hypotize the audience out of their free will, and call them back to PFAL whether they like it or not. Or maybe I'll give up on the hippo-gnosis part. It never works here.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

and then when they had their say, I could join the thread.  And then I could hypotize the audience out of their free will, and call them back to PFAL whether they like it or not.

In other words, the same old routine you’ve been doing here for some 20 years.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

So far I have 6 chapters written, and chapter 4 is a full admission on from whom I stole my ideas.

Alright ! well, at least now we're getting nowhere

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

If you start it, then people wont be scared away from it with my name at the beginning.

You could put your thoughts on it, invite others to do the same, and then when they had their say, I could join the thread.  And then I could hypotize the audience out of their free will, and call them back to PFAL whether they like it or not. Or maybe I'll give up on the hippo-gnosis part. It never works here.

I can assure you, no one is scared of you.

You can start a new topic. Or not. 

6 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

I can assure you, no one is scared of you.

You can start a new topic. Or not. 

Show me how interested in the topic you are by starting it and fielding other posters' ideas.  I have worked this idea very seriously.  Start a serious thread on it, and I can contribute to it seriously.

I know  no one is literally scared of me. You know what I meant. I'd rather see a free will thread with other people's ideas, and not just mine. 

23 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

And know my children blessed you are

There are languages that follow the SOV (subject, object, verb) format, rather than the SVO format that most of us are used to. That's part of what makes translating ancient texts a daunting task.

4 minutes ago, waysider said:

There are languages that follow the SOV (subject, object, verb) format, rather than the SVO format that most of us are used to. That's part of what makes translating ancient texts a daunting task.

right you are :rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, Mike said:

You could put your thoughts on it, invite others to do the same, and then when they had their say, I could join the thread.

Thats pretty much your modus operandi anyway. Except we wont shutup long enough to give you the last word...lol

9 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

No thanks. 

Awww why not? After 20 years on GSC and after around 125 mostly useless pages across three different threads Mike is ready to post some serious information. I dunno....I might take pflap after he posts...you really wanna be the one who holds me back from the greatest word and hot Bible since the first century? I wouldnt want that on my conscience....bullshonta lo makey seetay terriyake von hibachi.

39 minutes ago, Mike said:

Show me how interested in the topic you are by starting it and fielding other posters' ideas.  I have worked this idea very seriously.  Start a serious thread on it, and I can contribute to it seriously.

I know  no one is literally scared of me. You know what I meant. I'd rather see a free will thread with other people's ideas, and not just mine. 

With your track record - I don’t believe you.

You  started  the 2nd wave thread – and you dropped out pretty quick - I can only guess it's because people’s ideas presented a challenge to yours – makes me think you couldn’t deal with that.

Grease Spotters have started threads based on claims you made about wierwille and PFA:L teachings and YOU didn’t show up for those.

And there was the NT Canon thread specifically started for you and so far you've failed to present coherent arguments for your own theory of how the NT canon came to be.

Looks to me like YOU’RE the one who is afraid of having a direct conversation and that makes me think your ideas are untenable - and YOU KNOW IT.

28 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Looks to me like YOU’RE the one who is afraid of having a direct conversation and that makes me think your ideas are untenable - and YOU KNOW IT.

You could be right, there T-Bone. Im also beginning to think that Mike has another agenda. To disrupt this place as much as humanely possible. There's a good chance he thinks he's on the frontlines of some kinda spiritual competition and we are all possessed and he's holding forth the word causing us to fall of into discomfiture. Basing my very speculative notion on how people from TWI tend to view things. That's how I used to view any opposition to wierwille's/TWI positions. Pretty common POV amongst wierwille supporters where no honest discourse is allowed.

This scenarios would be comical to say the least. I mean, I really don't take GSC all that serious in the sense that it's an online message board. It serves it's purpose, don't get me wrong, but in the scheme of things posting online isn't serious business. Im more entertained with Mile so called postulates at this point. He comes off very condescending which is likely indicitave of a very largeish wierwillian ego. And he regularly addresses various participants like they just don't know what he's talking about. So --- yeah, entertainment.

Edited by OldSkool

1 hour ago, Mike said:

You could put your thoughts on it, invite others to do the same, and then when they had their say, I could join the thread.  And then I could hypNotize the audience out of their free will, and call them back to PFAL whether they like it or not. Or maybe I'll give up on the hippo-gnosis part. It never works here.

Seriously? You admit you're a parasite here at GSC?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike said:

I have posted on this before.  In 1991 some interesting doors were opened to me at UCSD Cognitive Sciences Department, where  I became a member of a club that met weekly for 2 hours, for 7 years. 

The purpose of this club was for grad students from all departments to brainstorm their ideas together. The leadership of the club included some of the world's top brain scientists from UCSD, the Salk Institute, and the Scripps Institute. 

The club also hosted visits from leading brain scientists from around the world, and I was very lucky to have met them all. I worked many ideas with these people back then, in the 1990s, and have stayed in touch with some of them.

For almost 10 years I have been researching possible deterministic mechanisms for free will in the brain.  Free will is a very difficult topic in science.  It is also difficult to see much about it in the Bible.  I started working on free will, on and off, about 55 years ago.

So was your attendance in this “club” as a professor, or was it in some form of patient role?

Sounds interesting tell us more.