GreaseSpot Cafe

Why PFAL sucks

T-Bone

12 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

I saw Bill Burr about 10 years ago at a 1500 seat theatre. Absolutely hilarious show! He didn’t trash any hecklers, but he did engage the audience and throughly roasted the South and my city.

Chappelle is the GOAT. Chappelle’s Show is the Blazing Saddles for this our day in time. 

I'm in a mixed race marriage, wife is AA, and I can completely relate to his material on his marriage.

16 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Chappelle’s wife is Asian.

Both of their treatments on race and marriage are profoundly insightful with devastating honesty. 

Cool...I'll YouTube Chappelle l8r today.

Edited by OldSkool

1 hour ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Bill Burr or Chappelle? Both are in mixed race marriages.

I saw Chapelle live his show was about someone trying to blackmail him with sex tapes from right before he got together with his wife.  The FBI was involved.  And he weaved in a heckler real drunk woman screaming randomly in the audience.  I was dying laughing.  Best live comedian I have ever heard.

3 hours ago, chockfull said:

So apparently we can not only be enlightened by Mike on true Biblical research, but we can also be educated on calculus, theory of relativity and wave theory.

Who knew we had such a high level of intellect among us?

Can we play more quote from Wikipedia first paragraph game?

When people stick to areas they actually have a background in they sound a lot less silly.  But you’re not gonna learn that from the Way.

Actually, I was educating you NOT on calculus, theory of relativity, and wave theory, but on how supposedly original ideas are put together from pieces that are in the wind.

The calculus, theory of relativity, and wave theory stuff that I mentioned is trivial and can be found in any history of science text, no expertise needed.

You are too formal about background credentials, and you deny yourself good knowledge knocking at your door.

15 hours ago, Mike said:

My inclination is to believe we don't generate truly new ideas, but that we get them from other people, and going back far enough, from spirits.

We can do things that look like new idea generation by fitting together the right pieces.

This is not so much from scripture, but more from my study of the brain.

14 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Did you hear that in a séance?

That’s kinda weird, Mike.

…and I guess you don’t have a high opinion of humankind’s cognitive skills? Confirmation of your opinion would be nice.

The spirits I had in mind were the Holy Spirit and his angels, plus the devil.
New ideas come from the spiritual realm.

Most of neuroscience has come around to agree with the Bible on man's self aggrandizement of his own consciousness.   Humans hype their intelligence. 

"I Thought the Brain Was the Most Important Organ Until I Realized What Was Telling Me That." (Emo Philips)

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

Actually, I was educating you NOT on calculus, theory of relativity, and wave theory, but on how supposedly original ideas are put together from pieces that are in the wind.

So, who taught them it would be a good idea to put them together?

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

They had teachers.  It's not like they were on their own.

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him

50 minutes ago, Mike said:

The calculus, theory of relativity, and wave theory stuff that I mentioned is trivial and can be found in any history of science text, no expertise needed.

You are too formal about background credentials, and you deny yourself good knowledge knocking at your door.

Pieces in the wind, huh?

Which pieces did the Chinese use to invent gunpowder?

Which pieces did Newton use to understand gravity?

Which pieces did Tesla use to invent the radio?

Which pieces were used to invent LEDs?

55 minutes ago, Mike said:

And what pieces in the wind did the teachers draw there ideas from? You follow the chain back far enough and you get to a person with an original idea.

Edison with the light bulb. The doctor who realized germs made people sick. The Chinese with fireworks (from which we get modern rocketry). Which pieces in the wind were they drawing from?

Edited by So_crates

1 hour ago, Mike said:

How do you retrieve pieces in the wind? And did you come up with that concept?

“The calculus, theory of relativity, and wave theory stuff that I mentioned is trivial and can be found in any history of science text, no expertise needed”. I’ve noticed you tend to exaggerate, bloviate, and generalize stuff all out of proportion into a big ball of nebulous nonsense – so I’m not surprised you make foolish statements like this. Not surprised at all.

You are too formal about background credentials, and you deny yourself good knowledge knocking at your door.” That’s why I don’t believe anything you say – since you seem to have an open door policy for any pseudoscientific, pseudointellectual, pseudo-Christian baloney that doesn’t even have to knock – you go out on the porch and drag them in.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

The spirits I had in mind were the Holy Spirit and his angels, plus the devil.
New ideas come from the spiritual realm.

Most of neuroscience has come around to agree with the Bible on man's self aggrandizement of his own consciousness.   Humans hype their intelligence. 

“The spirits I had in mind were the Holy Spirit and his angels, plus the devil. New ideas come from the spiritual realm.” Is this theories that YOU came up with?

“Most of neuroscience has come around to agree with the Bible on man's self aggrandizement of his own consciousness” What surveys have YOU conducted and what data have YOU reviewed to come up with that?

1 hour ago, waysider said:

So, who taught them it would be a good idea to put them together?

1 hour ago, Mike said:

What a stupid incoherent mess you’ve dumped in this thread, Mike!

Do you even keep track of what you say?

You say you’re intent on getting your message out here – to come back to PFAL – but your unintelligible propaganda is a huge turn-off for me.

I can think of only a few of possibilities as to why you keep going like this – there’s probably other reasons too that I haven’t thought of…but anyway here’s some of my reasons why your “advertisements” turn me off:

1.       If you’re representative of what PFAL does to one’s intelligence – yikes!

2.       Your persistence in pushing nonsense has a nefarious purpose – yikes!

3.       Your “career” of insinuating yourself into any thread is annoying – are you on TWI’s payroll? Yikes !

4.       Your inability to tell the difference between truth and lies – Yikes!

Edited by T-Bone
revision
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

How do you retrieve pieces in the wind? And did you come up with that concept?

“The calculus, theory of relativity, and wave theory stuff that I mentioned is trivial and can be found in any history of science text, no expertise needed”. I’ve noticed you tend to exaggerate, bloviate, and generalize stuff all out of proportion into a big ball of nebulous nonsense – so I’m not surprised you make foolish statements like this. Not surprised at all.

You are too formal about background credentials, and you deny yourself good knowledge knocking at your door.” That’s why I don’t believe anything you say – since you seem to have an open door policy for any pseudoscientific, pseudointellectual, pseudo-Christian baloney that doesn’t even have to knock – you go out on the porch and drag them in.

“The spirits I had in mind were the Holy Spirit and his angels, plus the devil. New ideas come from the spiritual realm.” Is this theories that YOU came up with?

“Most of neuroscience has come around to agree with the Bible on man's self aggrandizement of his own consciousness” What surveys have YOU conducted and what data have YOU reviewed to come up with that?

What a stupid incoherent mess you’ve dumped in this thread, Mike!

Do you even keep track of what you say?

You say you’re intent on getting your message out here – to come back to PFAL – but your unintelligible propaganda is a huge turn-off for me.

I can think of only a few of possibilities as to why you keep going like this – there’s probably other reasons too that I haven’t thought of…but anyway here’s some of my reasons why your “advertisements” turn me off:

1.       If you’re representative of what PFAL does to one’s intelligence – yikes!

2.       Your persistence in pushing nonsense has a nefarious purpose – yikes!

3.       Your “career” of insinuating yourself into any thread is annoying – are you on TWI’s payroll? Yikes !

4.       Your inability to tell the difference between truth and lies – Yikes!

5. Mike's insistence on "teaching" us.

Since when do you teach anybody anything by ramming information down their throat?

1 hour ago, Mike said:

how supposedly original ideas are put together from pieces that are in the wind.

Like how when victor put it all together - that was the original part.

But that's not origination. That's derivation.

Unfortunately, for victor, his wholly original man made teachings were the stupidest and easiest to refute of all his pedagogy.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Do you really expect me to believe that you are intelligent enough (and I feel you are intellegint) to consider these topics trivial and yet you hold wierwille's garbage in high admiration as it they were God breathed and advanced reasearch?