GreaseSpot Cafe

Why PFAL sucks

T-Bone

Warren Sanchez was introduced to a poor man who asked Warren:
'Brother, what is the  meaning of life?'
Warren answered: 'The meaning of life I will tell you
In four words: How would I know?"

What did Warren wish to tell us with this?  

Let us analyze the phrase.  "I" , ego. It would appear to indicate egotism, worship of the self, haughtiness. The thing is that here, Warren uses it through opposition, to tell us precisely the opposite. In other words, humility. So that it is quite clear here, when Warren says "I",  he is saying "humility." But Warren says something further.

Warren says, "How should I know?"   In other words, "I, who should know."

In sum, brethren, Warren knows the meaning of life, but humility keeps him from saying it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

That article is so much easier to understand than anything Mike writes, but not nearly as funny.

that's because the article wasn't written by a stand-up comic

8 hours ago, waysider said:

Chef Boyardee, of course.

He has many ancient recipes. I met his Sous chef before...hes awesome..world famous too...he autographed my photo...

r640lj_large.jpg

Edited by OldSkool
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike said:

The classic example of a new invention being merely the assembly of fragments floating around in the air comes with the invention of calculus about 400 years ago. Both Newton and Leibniz were exposed to these pieces and fragments of ideas, and both of them assembled them together into calculus, just using slightly different nomenclature to describe their ideas. They both invented a new thing, calculus, but they invented it by putting together pieces that were floating around and a lot of people had in their head.

Similar thing happened with Einstein and his special relativity theory on space and time being relative and not absolute. Lorentz and Fitzgerald had put together similar ideas a few years before Einstein, but Einstein put together the pieces in a better way, more elegantly.

The same thing happened in the 1920s with Heisenberg’s matrix theory on quantum mechanics and Schrodinger’s totally different wave theory both coming up with good answers, and then later being shown to be mathematically equivalent. They simply put together the same ideas but in a different way.

So apparently we can not only be enlightened by Mike on true Biblical research, but we can also be educated on calculus, theory of relativity and wave theory.

Who knew we had such a high level of intellect among us?

Can we play more quote from Wikipedia first paragraph game?

When people stick to areas they actually have a background in they sound a lot less silly.  But you’re not gonna learn that from the Way.

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

Burr is one of the best comedians with hecklers he is direct with that high pitched voice.

However, from experience IMO nobody is anywhere near Dave Chapelle on that.  He works them into his routine.  IMO Chapelle is the goat.   But that is 100% opinion lol.

This is semi interesting talking about stage performers.  I guess PFAL teachers are stage performers.  Unless this is a carnival side show we are watching lol.

1 minute ago, Nathan_Jr said:

He claims to have a background in stand up comedy. Had a five year run back in tha day. And he studied the brain.

So, there's that.

I have 2 friends that do standup.  That is a weird world.  Comedians have different logic than others mostly wrapped up around the performance.

it’s weirdly similar to a homiletics focus for a pastor.  all focus on the performance.

In some ways it explains the bubble boy isolation mentality with the ideas.  The only way to change a theory is if another one plays better…

9 minutes ago, chockfull said:

However, from experience IMO nobody is anywhere near Dave Chapelle on that

Chappelle is my all time favorite. I'll watch episodes of Chappelle show most anytime over again.

21 minutes ago, chockfull said:

So apparently we can not only be enlightened by Mike on true Biblical research, but we can also be educated on calculus, theory of relativity and wave theory.

Who knew we had such a high level of intellect among us?

Can we play more quote from Wikipedia first paragraph game?

When people stick to areas they actually have a background in they sound a lot less silly.  But you’re not gonna learn that from the Way.

15 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Burr is one of the best comedians with hecklers he is direct with that high pitched voice.

However, from experience IMO nobody is anywhere near Dave Chapelle on that.  He works them into his routine.  IMO Chapelle is the goat.   But that is 100% opinion lol.

This is semi interesting talking about stage performers.  I guess PFAL teachers are stage performers.  Unless this is a carnival side show we are watching lol.

14 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

He claims to have a background in stand up comedy. Had a five year run back in tha day. And he studied the brain.

So, there's that.

7 minutes ago, chockfull said:

I have 2 friends that do standup.  That is a weird world.  Comedians have different logic than others mostly wrapped up around the performance.

it’s weirdly similar to a homiletics focus for a pastor.  all focus on the performance.

In some ways it explains the bubble boy isolation mentality with the ideas.  The only way to change a theory is if another one plays better…

5 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Chappelle is my all time favorite. I'll watch episodes of Chappelle show most anytime over again.

Amen on D Chappelle! 

That Bill B is relentless ...they should have a sign by the entrance of the venue - Heckle at your own risk

Yeah, Chockfull on it's a different world: a couple of other sources that gives you a peek inside their world are Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee and Judd Apatow's book Sick in the Head

He has many ancient recipes. I met his Sous chef before...hes awesome..world famous too...he autographed my photo...

r640lj_large.jpg

Hey man, don't Bogart that joint!

17 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

That Bill B is relentless ...they should have a sign by the entrance of the venue - Heckle at your own risk

Yeah...I picked a tame one with Burr. He's awful...but funny asf.

42 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Yeah...I picked a tame one with Burr. He's awful...but funny asf.

I saw Bill Burr about 10 years ago at a 1500 seat theatre. Absolutely hilarious show! He didn’t trash any hecklers, but he did engage the audience and throughly roasted the South and my city.

Chappelle is the GOAT. Chappelle’s Show is the Blazing Saddles for this our day in time. 

• Upvote 1