GreaseSpot Cafe

"I must be right because everyone is insisting I am wrong!"

WordWolf

45 minutes ago, Mike said:

There is a time for confirmation bias. 
It is AFTER something has past the tests of critical thinking.
(which is considered academically impossible)

Why is confirmation bias good at that time, after truth is discerned? 

To CONFIRM it! 

To make it more firm, and better able to withstand the attacks of the truth-hating academic world.

Every academic insists that error can be discerned.
But then they will blanch at the idea of truth being discerned.

22 minutes ago, Mike said:

Well, at least Voltaire forbade it: 
"Doubt is uncomfortable, certainty is ridiculous."

I'd say certainty is being forbidden there, and we are goaded into accepting the discomfort of doubt. This happens over and over in academia.

According to your reasoning the Greasespot Players have prepared a short skit for you.

Joe Sixpack: I have an invisible six foot rabbit that follows me around.

Johnny Jump up: That's not possible.

Maggie Muggins: There are no six foot rabbits.

Snowball Pete: Invisible?

Joe Sixpack: You knowingly wrong people are objecting to my statement, so I must be right.

(Everybody bows. Exit stage left.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike said:

I have mentioned often that academia forbids finding the truth, and routinely mocked for it.

What a bunch of bull-$hit!

mischaracterize academic standards! Why? Evidently Mike has his own standards - which I wouldn’t trust because Mike seems incapable of distinguishing truth from lies and fact from fiction.

on a related issue - debating with such a deluded and confused person makes having a reasonable discussion nearly impossible because they keep moving the goal post. 

Edited by T-Bone
Clarity

4 hours ago, Mike said:

I have mentioned often that academia forbids finding the truth, and routinely mocked for it.

Yet, isn't this an example of what I decried?

I DOUBT it. Isn't it rather that reality dramatically minimizes the likelihood of finding it? :wink2:

1 hour ago, T-Bone said:

on a related issue - debating with such a deluded and confused person makes having a reasonable discussion nearly impossible because they keep moving the goal post. 

Refer to Thomas Paine's wisdom:

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead.

Thomas Paine

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Refer to Thomas Paine's wisdom:

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead.

Thomas Paine

True that!

1 hour ago, T-Bone said:

mischaracterize academic standards! Why? Evidently Mike has his own standards - which I wouldn’t trust because Mike seems incapable of distinguishing truth from lies and fact from fiction.

I'm not talking about the nitty gritty part of academia, laboring with facts and figures. 

And I am not talking about Bible based colleges either. 

Academia does very well there.

I am talking about when the topic is God and life and living and social "sciences" and politics and the meaning of life.

It is on the really BIG issues that academia forbids truth and knowing the truth,  JUST AS MUCH as God promises all this is very doable with His help. 

Academia, being one of the most powerful arms of the devil's controlled kingdoms, wants to thwart seekers from seeking God for these higher truths.

13 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Does academia endeavor to investigate what is God or the meaning of life?

What a silly assumption.

They teach literature where these issues come up, and the professors opine often on same.

I'm talking more the Liberal Arts, and not science and engineering

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

They teach literature where these issues come up, and the professors opine often on same.

I'm talking more the Liberal Arts, and not science and engineering

Is this what professors do?

I went to Liberal Arts colleges to study literature. None of my professors ever opined on what is God or the meaning of life. The assertion that this is what professors do is an assertion from ignorance.

22 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Is this what professors do?

I went to Liberal Arts colleges to study literature. None of my professors ever opined on what is God or the meaning of life. The assertion that this is what professors do is an assertion from ignorance.

Definately not. It's what the professor did when  mike tried to bring pflap into the mix...my speculation anyway...just like I speculate he was bullied by way corps and now blames and cant stand anything way corps, not that I blame him.

Just now, OldSkool said:

Definately not. It's what the professor did when  mike tried to bring pflap into the mix...my speculation anyway...just like I speculate he was bullied by way corps and now blames and cant stand anything way corps, not that I blame him.

If one is to blame corps, one must blame vpw. There is no corps without vpw. Corps is a manifestation of victor's wickedness and error. Corps belonged to vpw. He called it "my corps."

4 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

If one is to blame corps, one must blame vpw. There is no corps without vpw. Corps is a manifestation of victor's wickedness and error. Corps belonged to vpw. He called it "my corps."

Oh, when I was in-res wierwille was pretty much deified. We were constantly told of his exploits and hardships and all he did for us.....ya....so it still is his and in his honor and memory. The mindless borg that the way corps produces would make vic proud I believe. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I'm not talking about the nitty gritty part of academia, laboring with facts and figures. 

I am talking about when the topic is God and life and living and social "sciences" and politics and the meaning of life.

It is on the really BIG issues that academia forbids truth and knowing the truth,  JUST AS MUCH as God promises all this is very doable with His help. 

Academia, being one of the most powerful arms of the devil's controlled kingdoms, wants to thwart seekers from seeking God for these higher truths.

Moving goal posts again :shithitsfan:

Notice Mike’s vague criteria for determining what the really big issues are - but rest assured whatever they are, you can believe Mike :biglaugh:  who is incapable of distinguishing truth from lies and fact from fiction.  :confused:

Incredible isn’t it? And by incredible I mean unbelievable. Mike talks out of both sides of his mouth - and when he says stuff like the above quote - he wonders why people don’t believe him.

I wonder if Mike has incorporated the same Gnosticism tendencies as wierwille. 

I say that because like wierwille , Mike pits the world’s intellectual standards against his own inflated ego….now to legitimize this - Mike has to up his game to some next level bull-$hit by claiming “God” (aka Mike’s inflated ego) will help one to find this otherwise unknowable truth.

Looks to me like Mike has his very own harmful and controlling cult - using the same manipulative tactics as lying thieving weasel wierwille. Like the polarizing us-versus-them game. You must choose a side. Here’s your options- there’s only 2:

Academia, being one of the most powerful arms of the devil’s controlled kingdoms 

OR

Choose Mike’s god - the inflated-know-it-all-ego in search of ‘higher truths’ …secret knowledge…almost like marital bliss - Gnosticism on earth in this day and time and hour….and don’t forget the secret password if you want in - a wink and a nod  :wink2: 

Edited by T-Bone
Clarity

7 hours ago, Mike said:

Sure Mike. Just a Quixotic rationalization to apply a salve to your mind, since you apparently can't otherwise cope when you're caught with holes in your narrative. Am I right, or am I right? :confused:  

Edited by Rocky
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mike said:

So which portion of the devil controlled kingdom was it that awarded The Doctor a degree based upon seeing him once and reading a number of essays?  

Was it the non-curriculum kingdom?  Which one of the dancer group was that in the athletes men in tights production?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, chockfull said:

So which portion of the devil controlled kingdom was it that awarded The Doctor a degree

Boy, oh, boy did victor ever love his "academic credential." That phony mail order doctorate was everything to him. 

Thousands of pieces of evidence, "spiritual" and physical, point to the indisputable fact that victor was not, in spite of his bracelet, a "THE man of God." But his lust for that phony "doctorate" is all one should need to show this.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Boy, oh, boy did victor ever love his "academic credential." That phony mail order doctorate was everything to him. 

Thousands of pieces of evidence, "spiritual" and physical, point to the indisputable fact that victor was not, in spite of his bracelet, a "THE man of God." But his lust for that phony "doctorate" is all one should need to show this.

Makes me wonder if he had a mail in absent spiritual doctorate as well?

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

Makes me wonder if he had a mail in absent spiritual doctorate as well?

It’s all part of a new theory I have called “absence theory”.  You see the absence of rent money caused a couple theologian roommates to start a mail order Bible College.  Then the absence of a curriculum and the absence of grades caused the absence of accreditation.  This caused the absence of scholarship which left a void.  Homiletics as “The Doctor” majored in when he wrote essays plus a void causes plagiarism and the absence of morals. 

All of this eventually winds up with an absent Christ and a statue and some self published works in place of him.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, chockfull said:

It’s all part of a new theory I have called “absence theory”.  You see the absence of rent money caused a couple theologian roommates to start a mail order Bible College.  Then the absence of a curriculum and the absence of grades caused the absence of accreditation.  This caused the absence of scholarship which left a void.  Homiletics as “The Doctor” majored in when he wrote essays plus a void causes plagiarism and the absence of morals. 

All of this eventually winds up with an absent Christ and a statue and some self published works in place of him.

Absentloutely dead on the money!!

28 minutes ago, chockfull said:

The structure is a lot like "The House Jack Built" or "For The Want Of A Nail..."

12 minutes ago, waysider said:

You seem to know a lot about what goes on in academia.
What exactly is your educational background?

Why would I need to know a lot, when I know Luke Chapter 4?

"And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain,
shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world
in a moment of time.  And the devil said unto him,
All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them:
for that is delivered unto me;
and to whomsoever I will I give it."

You don't think the devil would overlook the kingdom of academia, do you?

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

Why would I need to know a lot, when I know Luke Chapter 4?

"And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain,
shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world
in a moment of time.  And the devil said unto him,
All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them:
for that is delivered unto me;
and to whomsoever I will I give it."

You don't think the devil would overlook the kingdom of academia, do you?

Red Herring.

I'll add Waysider's question to the list of oodles and oodles of unanswered questions.