Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rick,

Re:<B><I><font color=purple>"Sudo, so you think Rita Hayworth was hot eh?"</font></I></B>

Uh, yeah. But you posted before you saw the latest clip. Now, you can see why all those guys were wanting to marry her, huh? Hubba hubba!!

<center>sudo</center>

Aw dude, she was one of THE most beautiful women EVER!

BUT...Top...you aren't leaving us are you? SERIOUSLY...I LOVE the stuff your are posting so don't stop!!!!

Rick

I'm 26, and I'm single, and a school teacher, and that's the bottom of the pit. And the only excitement I've known is here with me now. I'll go with you, and I won't whine, and I'll sew you socks, and I'll stitch you when you're wounded, and I'll do anything you ask of me except one thing. I won't watch you die. I'll miss that scene if you don't mind.

That same song was used in Spiderman 2 when he decides not to be spiderman.

All right, Bluze, it's official---I love you!!! :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap: It worked perfectly, BTW. Hat's off!

You know those moments you never forget? Well, this was one of those. I had been at school and work all day, and got home to the Way Home I was living in late afternoon. No one else was there, so I cranked up the radio and started washing dishes.

"Time In a Bottle" came on, which I just loved, and I was swaying away until the song ended and the DJ said, "Jim Croce. Gone but not forgotten." Whaaaaat?!?! I got on the phone, called the radio station, and asked the DJ what the he!! he meant by that. That's when he asked me if I lived under a rock, and told me about the plane crash the day before. Needless to say, I was devasted by the news.

There were so many great songwriters in that era, and he was among the greatest.

Thanks, Bluze. More?

Its that time of year again. Ah! and I LOVE this time of year but we post this one every year because its pure nostalgia. Sometimes its been me and sometimes its been Rick or Wasway (oh where oh where is our beloved Wasway?) but its been posted every year at this time. So click HERE! and enjoy a trip back to 1963!

sudo

Jim Croce was a truck driver from Pennsylvania, (I believe around the Philly area) before he hit it big. He has a song called "Speedball Tucker" which I'm guessing, was borne out of experience.

I used to have an album of his called, "The Faces I've Been", where he does a lot of traditional songs like "Old Man River". The album also included some of his 'raps' in between the songs. I don't know if I still have it, more than likely, I gave it to one of Abigail's cousins. Since I don't have a turntable anymore, didn't see much point in keeping it.

How I came by the album is kind of interesting. One of my friends had it. I traded a full leather office chair for it. I think I got the better end of the deal. :biglaugh:

The 'classic' monsters, Frankenstein, wolfman etc, and old Universal horror movies in particular were big deals back in 1963. "Chiller" theater , with great local 'ghoul' hosts like Zacherley were all over the tv, monster model kits were huge, and there was even an Archie comic, 'Archie's Mad House', that celebrated all the vampires, mummies, werewolves, in a friendly way. And those movies were 25 years old even then.

I'm afraid today there are untold numbers of people under 20 or even 30 who have never seen a Frankenstein movie. Or for that matter a "Laurel and Hardy', "Our Gang', Popeye or Betty Boop cartoon.

What used to be commonplace on tv is non existent now except now and then on TCM.

For all that is available from dvd's and the internet, I fear that it mostly goes unnoticed and un cared about.

I know-it's old stuff, and isn't 'cool' like all the cgi laden movies, vid games, etc. I think something is lost.

Anyway, 'Monster Mash' is still fun. Geez, does the new generation even know a Boris Karloff take off when they hear it ?

My goodness but y'all have brought us many goodies!

Rick, that is as close as you can get to having him back, wonderful to watch him, simply wonderful.

Tops that is one of my favorite songs. Memories with that one, yup. So can I take some lessons from you when we both have time please?

Sudo, it wouldn't be the season without that song. Thanks dude!

Sushi, oh man did you ever get the better deal, and a leather office chair ain't shabby.

Hiwayman, my son prefers old black and white classics. He was given Beethoven and a few other things of variety. And he had to learn to tie his shoe laces and tell time before he could have Velcro and Digital. Because I knew much of what I had he wouldn't have in just the next generation. I wish I'd had the now how and means to have done more. But it's cool you brought this stuff up. Thanks.

Hiway29,

You are a man after my own heart, dude. Thanks for remembering the Monster Mash. Jeff Stovall and I spun that 45 rpm 200 times if we spun it once. I know the following is a poor imitation of Halloween nostalgia (maybe some folks who post stuff can save us here) but click on the picture of the emaciated fellow below.

150px-Jack_Skellington.jpg

sudo