GreaseSpot Cafe

Oak Family Reunion

Oakspear

Some of you know that in the aftermath of my divorce and virtually simultaneous ejection from TWI my family was left in a shambles.

I have six children, but for various reasons had regular contact with only one of them, who is in the Navy in Japan.

It surely isn't my idea to be estranged from my children like this.

One of my sons, C, and his girlfriend ran into me and reikilady at a restaurant about a month ago. Everything seemed cordial, so we exchanged addresses and phone numbers, and all four of us had dinner together the other night. Things went great and we'll be seeing each other again.

But here's the big news: My oldest son B and I have not seen each other for over three years. He actually left TWI shortly before I did, but due to much manipulation and interference by TWI leaders our realtiuonship was severly damaged. Our last meeting resulted in a fistfight. His last meeting with T, who is in the Navy, ended the same way.

Monday night T, who is home on leave, and I went out to open stage at the local pub and were joined by C. To everybody's great surprise (except C, who I suspect set it all up) B showed up as well.

The first couple of seconds were tense, but nobody hit anybody else, and there was forgiveness and hugs (and beer and shots) all around. C left to get some sleep, since he had to work, but the rest of us stayed until closing time and went out for breakfast afterward.

We talked a lot about how our lives were going, and all recognized how we let interfering @#$%&^'s from TWI screw us up.

This, my fellow Grease Spots, has been the best Yuletide in a long time.

Oak:

That is SUCH great news! Hopefully, with all the "regrouping" you have done in your life since leaving TWI and your experiences here on GSC, you will be able to help your children fill in some blanks, connect some dots and find out what really happened in certain situations relating to your family.

Thanks for sharing that and best of luck reclaiming your family!

J.

Thanks for all the good wishes icon_razz.gif:P-->

Comparing notes about what "leadership" had said and done in certain situations was enlightening...for all of us.

A side note about the meeting. My son Ben, as it turns out, has learned to enjoy many of the same local bands as I do. We have gone to some of the same bars, just never at the same time.

After the initial hugging and such, B remarked how much he liked the band that was playing, a pair of brothers who had toured worldwide and moved to Lincoln to semi-retire. When they finished the set one of the musicians came over to sit at my table and retrieve the beer that I was "guarding" for him. My son's eyes got real wide and he said "You KNOW these guys?"

Hmmm...maybe some new candidates for the Weenie Roast

quote:
After the initial hugging and such, B remarked how much he liked the band that was playing, a pair of brothers who had toured worldwide and moved to Lincoln to semi-retire. When they finished the set one of the musicians came over to sit at my table and retrieve the beer that I was "guarding" for him. My son's eyes got real wide and he said "You KNOW these guys?"

*Bonding* at it's best, especially if breakfast is included afterwards, and you're picking up the tab! icon_smile.gif:)-->

Oh {{{{{Oak!}}}}}

Tears are running down my cheeks and I have goosebumps I'm so pleased for you!!!!!

This is the first holiday season my husband has been able to have a conversation with his oldest son in over 20 years. It's also the first holiday season I've spent with my family in 30 years.

These reunions are just awesome!!!!