GreaseSpot Cafe

Child molestations too common in Family Corps

Thelema

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember mentioning this on Waydale but it just popped in me head. In Rome City, we Jumir Corps used to have SUPERVISED slumber parties where extreme games of "truth or dare" would go on with kids ranging from 5th grade to seniors in high school. There was a corps woman who would volunteer to be the supervisor. Same woman every time. There were no rules, we were out of control and this woman just let it all happen and even participated once, on a dare to kiss one of the older boys. It makes me siick to think about.

Edited by Georgio Jessio

While in the 10th corps (I was married but we had no children), we were sent to Rome City for nearly 4 months...

One of the very first things that I saw when I got there were kids "getting the spoon"...EVERYBODY had a frickin' wooden spoon in their back pocket and I thought it was lunacy...

My first week, I was issued a spoon and when nobody was watching, I pitched it into the trash can...never carried one...ever.

Bob Moneyhands stopped me in the hall one day and asked me where my spoon was...I told him that I thought there were enough spoons already and that I didn't care to have one. He called me into his office the next day and asked me why I was there...I told him that I had no idea and that it wasn't my request...I was simply told to report there...He told me to "pray about it" and that God would reveal to me the reason I was there...(HE never did)...and thus, I was clueless.

During my time there, I witnessed a multitude of "spoonings" and I was always revolted by it. I eventually learned how to avoid being around the kids...I would see a group of them and walk the other way ( I didn't want to be accused of being a "spoonless wonder")...One thing I knew for sure was that I had no intentions of EVER hitting a child with a wooden spoon and I never did.

My time there "creeped me out"...I always thought that there was something very wrong about the whole thing...Bob and Dotty were total jerks and most of the staff were the same...I never felt that I belonged and I didn't like any of them.

I found an area in the attic (which was off limits) and hid there (taking naps and reading) for hours at a time...I hated my experience there...and I hated the wooden spoons.

...and by the way, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if kids were being sexually molested...a lot of these guys that were in charge of "something or another" gave me the willies...they weren't the kind of guys that you would hang out with and have a few beers with...they took themselves WAY too seriously and walked around trying to be a combination of Bob Moneyhands and Craig Martincreep..."spiritual spoon carriers"...

...Hindsight is always 20/20...I wish now that I would have stood up at one of their "mealtime sharings" and told them all what I thought of them...I feel badly for the kids that grew up in that environment...

I think that when Bob Moneyhands finally dies, God will be waiting for him with a big wooden spoon...and I mean, a BIG wooden spoon.

i have been watching this thread for awhile and i have been wanting to write but i just feel too overwhelmed. there is just way too much i could say about this topic...

i was 6/7 yrs old in rez, which means that although i may be fuzzy on some details i still remember A LOT... and most of what didn't involve just having fun with my minicorps friends is pretty creepy. in fact, i would say that about half of my memories of my time in rez are of something sexual or sex related. for years i kept older men in TWI at arms length and generally felt creeped out by all MOGs who ever tried to touch me in any way.

i could go on, but i don't think anyone besides my shrink needs to hear all those gory details... and mostly i guess i just wanted to say "me too," just to get it out there and support everyone. you guys rock.

ps: for anyone still in doubt: yes, GB was a major creep. with a capital C.

Never was in family corps never talked "in depth" with anyone who was--But all this thread has shown ME is that what happened to my kids, other believers kids, and non believers kids here in Alaska raised no eyebrows becuase it was just part and parcel of the whole TWI experience.

For those who were blessed by never having to experience or have their loved ones experience these kinds of behaviors all I can say is you really need to, every night, thank Heavenly Father or whomever or whatever you claim as a higher power.

Ugh, just discovered this thread. So sorry for the kids that underwent such wicked experiences. I had (many years later) heard there was bedhopping between adults in the FC but didn't know that included hopping in and out of the children's beds.

Excuse me while I go to vomit...

Train 'em up in the way they should go, comes to mind. What, were they training the kids (especially female ones) to be "special friends" for future MoGs?

whew, no kidding! i think most of us junior/mini c's are still having a really hard time even acknowledging that what went on every single freakin' day in the corps was indeed ABUSE. we were conditioned to accept it from the get-go, never mind what all the MOGs did to cover up after the fact. we were never allowed to question anything, ever, for fear of being "off the word" or worse...

still trying to get my brain un-washed :confused:

I was just imagining what it would have been like had I been a child in the WTF. I would have stood up in the dining hall and yelled somthing like PH&*K at the top of my lungs just to watch 200 spoons suddenly come barrelling down on me.

Edited by Out There

It has taken me awhile to work up the nerve to read this thread…Just thinking about that place gives me the creeps now! It’s weird to look back on it from different viewpoints. We believed it was the place where God wanted us to learn and grow together as a family [alright – so we got it wrong on the “where God wanted us” part – but at least we were right on it being a place]. To predators, it was a target-rich environment…Weird…really weird…like horror-movie-weird…A bunch of dumb sheep going to work at a slaughter house run by wolves.

To predators, it was a target-rich environment…Weird…really weird…like horror-movie-weird…A bunch of dumb sheep going to work at a slaughter house run by wolves.

I read something online yesterday that sounded a lot like what happened to those in TWI. It's especially disturbing when the victims were children.

This is from:

Shepherd´s Rod 2003

Bob Jones and Paul Keith Davis

September 16, 2002

http://www.whitedoveministries.org/content...ivesItem_11_5_v

THE GOOD SHEPHERDS

Approximately six years ago, Bob and I were both given revelations at about the same time, depicting the two forms of "shepherds" identified in Ezekiel 34. In the experience, a very expensive trunk was displayed moving down the highway loaded in the cargo section with closely sheared sheep. The sheep were a pitiful site in that they had been so harshly sheared that their skin was bleeding from cuts and gashes. The individuals driving the trunk were heard commenting on how wonderfully "the Lord" had blessed them with a bountiful harvest of wool.

In reality it was not the Lord who had blessed them but their own ambitions and willingness to abuse the sheep in order to gain the blessing. Finally, the men became so weary from hearing the crying and bleeping sheep that they lifted a lever on the trunk, expelling the sheep along the road in which they were traveling, which was Highway 78.

For thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out. As a shepherd cares for his herd in the day when he is among his scattered sheep, so I will care for My sheep and will deliver them from all the places to which they were scattered on a cloudy and gloomy day.”

"And I will bring them out from the peoples and gather them from the countries and bring them to their own land; and I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the streams, and in all the inhabited places of the land.”

"I will feed them in a good pasture, and their grazing ground will be on the mountain heights of Israel. There they will lie down in good grazing ground, and they will feed in rich pasture on the mountains of Israel.”

"I will feed My flock and I will lead them to rest," declares the Lord GOD. (Ezekiel 34:11-15)

When this was done in the vision, the Lord expressed in a very grieved manner that He would hear the cries of the sheep and would someday release the blessings of Psalm 78 with the emergence of a righteous priesthood or "good shepherds" after His heart.

I'm praying that every young person wounded by corrupt shepherds will find their "good pasture and good grazing ground and will feed in rich pasture" and be fed and restored by "The Good Shepherd".

Out There:

You say you would have stood up and shouted "....". That was not a very dramatic word for the youngsters at Rome City, because they heard it all the time. Folks who were LCM wannabees went around using HIS jargon a lot, including that favorite word of his.

Actually, kids who threw tantrums were hit with the spoon repeatedly until it stopped. Parents didn't get very creative (now that's a bad word!) with any communicative techniques or other forms of guidance - just the spoon. This is because, as I said earlier, we as parents were very fearful of getting kicked out.

Now, what would be worse for your family? To beat the child as directed, or to be put out on the road with only the clothes and books that you own, no job, no home, no money, and usually not even a car? Great choices, huh? Such was the life of the Family Corps in training. Most families just opted to whack their kids and stay put.

I remember once in the dining room at lunchtime, there was a "junior corps" boy about 14 year old, who had a seizure, falling out of his chair, and writhing on the floor. Nobody, including his parents would help him, because we had all been so thoroughly taught that this was the behavior of a devil spirit. Later, the parents were confronted by leadership for allowing this spirit to enter their son, and told to examine all of their thoughts and everything in their rooms to try to identify where this came from. Talk about neglect and abuse. This kid needed medicine!

At Rome City some days begin with very foggy weather, and the public school system would announce a "two-hour-delay". Probably every other child in the community was cheering, and staying in bed for a little bit longer. But our kids hated two-hour-delays, because they were made to WORK during this time. Washing dishes, washing apples, mopping, setting tables, babysitting, all sorts of tedious work. It was the same on snow days. What a statement ... that the kids would rather be in school than take a day off! My kids said school was the only time they got enough to eat at a meal too.

...and people wondered how the Corps stayed so slim and trim.

I can imagine what it was like for those kids in some ways as my first days in the corps I wondered when in the hell horizontal hour was. I also remember the disappointment when our long awaited saturday became a work day which really meant stooping down and picking up rocks. No child should ever have had to go through what kids went through at the way vatican. Pope Bob and his host of Archbishops had their heads wedged way up their butts.

I am turning 50 years old a week from today. I am also an epileptic. I have Grand Mol Seizures now an average of once a week. I am thankful that I never had this problem when I was in the way because surely I would have been marked as a possessed corps person (The worst kind of possessed person). Emotionally dealing with this is hard enough but to have someone say your possessed with a devil spirit would have probably broken my heart at the time. I've learned how to deal with my sickness over the past 18 years and what I can do and what I can't. but that poor child, what he went through is unforgivable. Pope Bob if you are reading this - You are a pompious, self righteous, self serving, Idiot who never should have been allowed to go near any of Gods children. You were a wolf in sheeps clothing. You disgust me.

Edited by Out There

And to think that there are people who would go back to this nightmare if twi would just apologize for a little wrongdoing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes my skin crawl.

Makes me real thankful that I never wanted to go to the Way Corps even with people telling me that I should.

I hope that forgiveness has been asked by certain ones or they will have a day of reckoning!!!!!!!!!