GreaseSpot Cafe

New TWI Website

Abigail

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not good. How can we compete when there are pictures of young girls in Hooters t-shirts on that site?

Wait I think this is good maybe, because all the preachers and teachers here can now go there.

Seth

dmiller,

You wrote: "It will be velly interesting to see the response you get to pfal..."

So far the administrator has been very nice to me. I started posting about "Dr's Last/Lost Teaching" in the visitors section, but he politely asked me to move it to the Elders Table. I seem to run into this "wrong forum" delemma a lot! icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

It's almost exactly the same thing here where GSC's About the Way forum is for visitors and the Doctrinal for is for heavy revy... or something like that. icon_wink.gif;)-->

My thread is now located in the Elders Table forum at:

http://www.familytables.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

You wrote: "That's ancient history to them now, isn't it?? "

Pretty much ancient history here too. Actually they do have the collaterals, some of them, in some use.

You wrote; "I use a net to catch butterflies!"

Try putting honey on the net instead of vinegar? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

excathedra,

You wrote: "a site for "youthful" fellowshippers ?"

Yes. In some ways I think of myself as youthful believer, only about seven years old, since I got REALLY serious about God's revelation in print, and forgot about focusing on the printer.

I can hear Karen Carpenter singing "We've only just BEGUN..."

What a great way to deny my bald spot! icon_cool.gif

Seth R,

You wrote: "This is not good. How can we compete when there are pictures of young girls in Hooters t-shirts on that site? __ Wait I think this is good maybe, because all the preachers and teachers here can now go there."

What pictures? Where? Got link?

Seth, did I know you from Long Island ten thousand years or so ago? I knew a Seth there, but the last name had faded in my ... icon_confused.gif:confused:--> er... ahem ... my YOUTHFUL memory.

quote:
Originally posted by JustThinking:

What was the movie where Brendon Frasier emerges from a 1950s bomb shelter in the late 90s?

You're thinking of "Blast From the Past", I think.

Myself, I keep humming one of the songs from "Les Miserables",

since I noticed that there's a number of people who signed the

Guestbook, but the messageboard's hardly become a thriving community.

I've seen boards with a dozen people with more activity than this.

Of course, that's their business entirely.

I wonder if innies are nervous about posting on it? I remember how it was to write the thank you's etc to leadership--had to make them glowing, etc, or you were spiritually immature. Imagine if your posts would be graded by your leadership for glowiness!

quote:
I wonder if innies are nervous about posting on it?

I wonder if innies have computers? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

After all, twi seems to frown on technology advances and openly discourages their followers with statements that imply, "the internet is evil."

IMO, twi does NOT want open communication across the board......especially from state to state. Unless there are major changes in twi, this website will be scoffed by the hard-liners who refute old-wineskins.

quote:
So far the administrator has been very nice to me. I started posting about "Dr's Last/Lost Teaching" in the visitors section, but he politely asked me to move it to the Elders Table. I seem to run into this "wrong forum" delemma a lot! icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

Hi Mike -- yea -- I went over to take a look around and the folks running it seem to be pretty polite. Saw a few familiar names from this site too.

The reason I said the "ancient history" thing is I've never had the WAP class, and I thought it superceded pfal. Sure -- pfal (as a class) is ancient history here as one would expect. I was jut curious how it would be accepted there. That's all. I didn't know the collaterals were still around.

Oh yes -- with a net, one needs neither honey nor vinegar! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I believe I was the first to have a post deleted icon_frown.gif:(--> (I'm trying to be nice, really icon_biggrin.gif:D-->)

A poster in the Youth Forums was gushing about the Advanced Class Special and how she learned that the Florida Household was "like the biggest ever". I commented that that surprised me, that I would have thought that trhe early 80's would have had more people, especially before the mass exodus of the late 80's.

The post disappeared.

Otherwise the folks do appear "nice" I received a few friendly emails from the administrator, and Abigail, igotout and I have received advice to talk things over with our leadership icon_eek.gif

Hi Oakspear,

I think I misspelled your handle over there... sorry. Maybe not, though.

I hope you don't mind the heavy way I answered your post to me. I tried to lighten it up a bit with some jokes. Plus I characterized it as a general answer, and covering Abigail's question as well.

I try to remember that we are guests there, and that that in itself is a revolutionary step for them. I'm a little surprised that my posts weren't edited or deleted, seeing the material I mentioned was sometimes in areas understandably very sensitive to them.

I saw your post in the youth section and winced. That's their CHILDREN'S section there! You're a daddy, you know how much you want to protect your children. They are the same. Messing with the children is a sure way to get a post deleted. They are bending over backwards just having us in the Elders section, but to throw barbs at the kids was definitely over the line.

Then again, the walls of separation between sections are pretty flimsy, since the kids can roam into the Elders section quite easily. It's like paper walls in a Japanese house. Cyberspace can be a pretty weird place of pretend.

And then still, here we are openly discussing that site here as if we're behind closed doors and they can't hear us.

Let's huddle: Shhh! Listen up while I whisper. Oaky, you run wide to the right and long, igotout blocks for Abigail while she fakes a handoff to me as I charge up the middle, all the while she carries the ball past the defenceless left and passes long to Oakspear in the end zone. Ok, BREAK! Hup one, hup four, hup!

Golly day!

I'm trying to decide how to handle my next post with contradicting the BOT (or the BOD) or not! Should I challenge the unwritten papal succession doctrine or not? Tune in tomorrow to see if Mike's thread is deleted.

I love those people! I love you people! How are we going to get this family back together? Only God can do it, that's how, ONLY God.

Edited by Mike

Actually, "talk to your leadership" seems to be a popular answer over there.

I just checked it out again and the admin. guy said that just because it is not affiliated with twi does not mean that leadership in da ministry wouldn't be looking in on it on a regular basis and emailing him of anything that they thought needed to be addressed. lol What a joke.

quote:
Originally posted by Oakspear:

A poster in the Youth Forums was gushing about the Advanced Class Special and how she learned that the Florida Household was "like the biggest ever". I commented that that surprised me, that I would have thought that trhe early 80's would have had more people, especially before the mass exodus of the late 80's.

The post disappeared.

Can't have the facts interfere with our little bubbleworld, can we?

"This is the best of all possible worlds." ("Candide", by Voltaire.)

From their FAQ message board

quote:
You may be certain that the leadership read our forum posts and other pages regularly. If things seem to be going amiss in the forums or inappropriate announcements or artwork is posted, the webmaster is alerted via email and phone calls.
What kinds of things do they email John about?
quote:
The leadership do not interact on the website itself but with me personally and that is only advice. If I choose to ignor the advice I can. I consider what they have to offer. Sometimes it has been to add a feature, fix the color of artwork, or omit some very local announcement in consideration of the national scope of the site.
In other words, they try to micromanage it.

Gee, John, after over 40 years in TWI, you would think you didn't need someone to manage your walk for you.

IMHO

Shaz

Lindy wrote:

quote:
I just checked it out again and the admin. guy said that just because it is not affiliated with twi does not mean that leadership in da ministry wouldn't be looking in on it on a regular basis and emailing him of anything that they thought needed to be addressed. lol What a joke.

Whew! I can go back to sleep now. Thought things had changed a little in TWI. Nope. Same old, same old. "We're not telling you what to do but..."

icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

shaz-

quote:
In other words, they try to micromanage it.

that would appear to be the case hey? at first glance it looked like something a local guy was doing as his own effort. apparently it's not. i guess it's still not kosher to do anything on your own that reflects somehow on the The Way KindofInterNationalifyoucountFloridaasaforeignCountryMaybe and not have direction from someone up above to make sure you're 'right'.

cute.

Not really an independent website when you have to do what they tell you to do, err....suggest that you do. I hope they don't tell him to close it down since people have started posting there.

I'm sure the kids don't want to post much because they don't have much to say. I mean, how many times can you say, "I'm really blessed...." and those that would say something more are afraid to since they would be caught having doubts and reservations or things they dislike about TWI.

Yo all,

Been reading your posts about my website for the young peoople currently fellowshipping with The Way International.

Someone mentioned the fact that the adult and kids sections were not seperate. That's a fact and I probably should do something about it. We haven't had the situation where I need to really seperate them before.

Don't be surprised if some parts of the website go "underconstruction" for awhile.

your friendly neighborhood spid... er, uh, webmaster

PS: For you techno people the word substitutions are a built-in function of the message board called a "word substitution" list. You can type acronyms and have the whole thing spelled out without typing it. Cool. The board I use was actually designed for tech. support for large companies.

-- JB