GreaseSpot Cafe

The New In-Residence Leadership Program

wondering

My brother (13th corp) and his wife (8th I think) are going back in residence in some new program they have. They sold their business and are out on the field for six months with other people they never met (like wow program) and then they will go to Gunnison for 2 years in a row.

I asked him why they are making them go back in residence and he said because they only had been running a twig for years and if they wanted more responsibility, etc. they needed more trainig. UGH. I can't think of anything worse. After my years in res. (11th), to have to go it again at this stage of life! He's all jazzed. Maybe he'll have the shock of his life.

Anyone know who's going to be running this corpse??

I was with TWI '76 - 88 or so.

wondering,

Twi needs more people to fill all those empty beds at camp gunnison. In the past few years, the corps grad levels have been pathetic.

I would speculate that the gunnison corps guy will be running the joint. Twi doesn't move people around too much anymore.

And......this "call em back into training" thing has a history. I think the 4th corps were called back in.....to buff off the rough edges, ya know. Some corps live in guilt and condemnation for years.....and this is one avenue twi propounds for corps grads.

Same old reasons, different day. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

skyrider

I don't think even a dope-slap would help now.

Geeze, if they've been around as long as that (8th and 13th corps), what is it they haven't seen?

I hate to be the gloomy gus, but with that much mileage on in TWI, if they haven't smelled the coffee yet, I can't imagine what would turn them around now...

As many have posted before......twi systematically closes doors from an INDEPENDENT life and lifestyle.

Learned helplessness......describes it fairly well. All the psychological, social, mental, physical barriers keep twi followers from the LIFE on the outside.

Maybe, a better term for some........deathers.

Too descriptive?? icon_eek.gif

They are deathers....hook, line, sinker, even unto death.

hi wondering. sorry about your brother and sister in law

you said that twi said they had ONLY been running a twig for years dah dah dah. they need more training to get more responsibility, eh ? what a bunch of sick crap

i guess rosie and donnie are still an item. craig's out of the picture so i imagine the two of them are happy as clams. i don't know what the wayfers think. well i guess they don't think.

did you just start posting ? nice to see you. i saw your comment about the dogs and lesbians. i wonder if they'll be showing that flick to the corps going back in ?

on the brighter side.....

i know a couple who went BACK inresidence and it WOKE THEM UP icon_eek.gif

examples are everywhere....even here.....of blind allegiance (at one time)....i know, i was one of them.

it only takes a few set of circumstances to TRIGGER the brain cells......to move the legs......to start walking.........AWAY.

never give up, wondering icon_smile.gif:)-->

Gr*g and L*ri B*lchalk were running the kork program last I knew. He is a nazi from what I hear. I had a friend who got booted from the kork in 2001. She came to live with me right after the incident. She was distraught and kept repeating "It's a damn cult!!" But she is still in....go figure. Her only excuse is that nobody else teaches the Word....whatever....

That's bad news, wondering. I have no information about the current program to contribute, sorry.

If you've been through it once and knowingly submit to it again you deserve what you get. It might be an eye opener but I wouldn't count on it. Naw, I take that back. May be, may be.

The "present truth" doctrine allows them to reinvent teaching they want to under the guise of it being "guidance" for "this day and time". It's anything goes and all bets off there. It may be a relative but bottom line, they'd have to be either in a desparate personal situation or nuts.

I met L**i B*lch*lk when she was 17 and she went out Anniversary wave wow. She was sweet, eager to please, hungry to know God....she was like I had been 15 years earlier and I adored her.

Flashforward half dozen years....she married Gr*g who was a good number of years her senior. He made her lose 25 or 30 pounds, she began to look emaciated and was constantly stressed by the demands of her "Man of God" husband. I was told by someone that knew them, Gr*g kept her on something like a 5 pound leash....if she gained more than that he made her life a LIVING HELL.

All this talk about Corps-nazis, micro-management, ridiculous expectations and emotional and spiritual blackmail,unfortunately for most twi leadership, that DOES start at home, and with their own families.

ror

btw Wondering, I was 13th corps. I am sad to hear about your brother.

quote:
And......this "call em back into training" thing has a history. I think the 4th corps were called back in.....to buff off the rough edges, ya know. Some corps live in guilt and condemnation for years.....and this is one avenue twi propounds for corps grads.

Same old reasons, different day

Well, these fine folks have to PAY to be there, don't they? I think I just figured out why this is being pushed.

JT

quote:
Originally posted by JustThinking:

quote:

Same old reasons, different day

Well, these fine folks have to PAY to be there, don't they? I think I just figured out why this is being pushed.

JT

Ever known twi to abandon a moneymaking scheme on purpose?

" I was told by someone that knew them, Gr*g kept her on something like a 5 pound leash....if she gained more than that he made her life a LIVING HELL.

All this talk about Corps-nazis, micro-management, ridiculous expectations and emotional and spiritual blackmail,unfortunately for most twi leadership, that DOES start at home, and with their own families."

Gee Radar, I'm so shocked! icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> I had the privilege (sarc) of conversing with said Corps-nazi when he was training under A**n Lic*t. I'm sure that suprises you, eh? LOL

When I was pregnant with my second son, my branch coordinators wife ragged on me constantly about not gaining weight. (yeah, that's healthy). she went on and on about how when she was pregnant no one could even tell until she was in her 8th or 9th month.

Sooo, what is up with this go-back-for-more BS? Only reason I can think of, they would have NO willing candidates to step up to the plate otherwise. "well, we had to cancel the corspses this year" would probably not sit very well with the innies. Sounds like they are scouring the landscape to come up with ANYBODY that will do it.

I suppose four or five "volunteers" for gunnison would be just about right. They could "volunteer" to take care of the place, and pay to do so besides. What a bargain!

I bet there's nothing quite like having slaves who will pay you to do their work.

Follow the money! Maybe they also feel like people aren't giving enough of their hard earned money to them, so this is another way to make sure they get as much as they can because sponsorship does NOT count at abundant sharing.

I also wonder if they are starting to drop corps for piddly reasons just to coerce them to go back through the program if they really want to be corps. Sort of like what they did with the *lthouse family.

Looks like a patent failure to me. Makes me ask the question, if da corpse is the greatest thing since Ivory soap, why did it not produce the desired result the first time around?

More training, right. Just more training to help you ignore the little man behind the curtain.