GreaseSpot Cafe

The near 50 and over Club

CM

Let's see-i was born in 57, birthday is in october-i guess i'm 47 going on 48...lol...

I want a fast car and long walks on the beach.

Time..lots of time with those i love...

Mid-life crisis or breakthrough...

Starting to see things differently at the halfway point...

Any one else got some input here?

Having just recently gotten that letter from AARP saying that I can now join lets talk.

Retirement is just 15 yrs away.

I took my secratery out to a job site the other day and a guy ask if she was my daughter. Ouch that hurt.

A couple of years ago the waitress ask if I wanted the senior special. I wanted to hit her.

It hurts when you fill out a form and you move up a age group.

Personaly I don't worry about gray hair. It started coming in 27 yrs ago. I'm just glad I have hair.

Don't worry there is like after 50. Just not much.

quote:
Retirement is just 15 yrs away.

Retirement? *Retirement*?? ... Not while I'm able to work a computer keyboard! ((image which shows a smiley typing away at a computer keyboard would have been inserted here, but for some reason, *I can't find one* banghead.gif ))

That's the nice thing about using a computer for work. Turning 65 doesn't make you incapable. Just as long as you have the brain on how to use it.

icon_cool.gif

quote:
That's the nice thing about using a computer for work. Turning 65 doesn't make you incapable. Just as long as you have the brain on how to use it.

HA!! So you will be working, when Ex70's is sipping margaurita's somewhere, eh?

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

oooohhhhh no i don't want to be working at 65

i just want enough to keep my fast car going

and take them walks on the beach

guess i need a condo on the beach though...lol

soc-sec won't cover it-ha

maybe i'll be one of them old guys at mcdonalds or something. don't think i'm cut out to be a greeter at walmart though-too much happy face

icon_smile.gif:)--> icon_smile.gif:)--> icon_smile.gif:)-->

I'm in agreement with Garth.. I'll retire when they pry my dead cold fingers from around my drill. But that isn't going to happen anytime soon because I'm so young and virile. DON'T let that photo under my name fool you! I'm good looking!! Here's my latest pic!!!

brad-pitt-007-img.jpg

sudo

I confess to being closer to 50, than 40...

OMG, what happened? I feel like I'm still my 18 year old self trapped in this 40 something body.

I don't think I'm aging gracefully.....I think I'm still kicking and screaming, "how did this happen?????"

Let's see... I went over 50 two years ago, but for some reason, I still feel 20-ish.

I keep wondering why they don't card me when I purchase cigarettes or booze.

I've been having AARP's letters returned to sender, but they haven't gotten the message yet.

Retire?!? Doesn't that mean you get tired again? I've been doing that for years!

Every morning, I keep telling this gray haired guy in the mirror to get out of the way so I can see myself, but he won't budge. The smart-a$$ keeps copying my moves.

My 2 cents...

Nomad888

Originally posted by ex10:

I confess to being closer to 50, than 40...

OMG, what happened? I feel like I'm still my 18 year old self trapped in this 40 something body.

Hey Ex10, I feel that way also except every Monday when I babysit my 5-month old nephew who weighs 20#. Then I remember that I will be 49 in July whether I 'feel like it' or not!!!

the gramma title is something I am getting used to I guess.

I do not want to be twenty again or eighteen. (well maybe the sex) but I do get tired now.

I look back at my life and the jobs and the kids and everything I did in a day and wonder how I ever did all that.

Now I like planting flowers more than going out to a social scene, my cats are more precious( lord have mercy that Does sound old doesnt it?)

I am ok where I am bloom where your planted. I will say I have little compassion for people my age that use their age as an excuse at work. to not get along or to not do the hard physical stuff... I think if I cant do it I will leave.

Im done raising kids so I enjoy the freedom this age brings but I also realize I may not be able to do some of the stuff I always wanted to do. Like travel out of the country. I will not retire at 65, I wont have the money. so im trying to pace myself for twenty more years of full time work.

God will bless me Im certain. I am most thankful I am helathy and have not been hurt or disabled, I have friends with kids still at home and Im glad mine are grown and I have friends that have gotten sick . Im thankful.

maybe these new grands will change my life when they get older!!!

hopefully.

Hi, this is my first post and I'm jumping right in!

I'm way too close to 50, but still having a great time. Its the number '50' that bothers me and the fact that I feel so much younger. Its almost like I get surprised when I look in the mirror...still thinking I'm 30 something? icon_eek.gif

gc

Welcome, CM

A few short month's to the big 50 myself-but I look good! However-I've noticed a few things like-

When the commercials come on that say "If

you were born between the ages of"-and I

stop to listen.

When I actually read the mail from AARP

instead of throwing it away.

When I complete the survey-you know the one

to calculate how much you will need to

retire on?

When I wonder how I will look in the

Walmart greeter tunic.

Please!! All I want to do is go back to age of figuring out how to get into a Grateful Dead concert- banghead.gifbanghead.gifwave.gif:wave:-->