GreaseSpot Cafe

If you read this thread, you will get possessed!

satori001

LOLOL Satori, I love your sense of humor!!!

I looked because I love the feeling of being possessed. According to TWI they don't know which devil spirits I have but it must be something passed through generations of my family.... icon_cool.gif

Can you picture John Linder speaking in tongues and clutching his bible, sweat beading on his forehead, as he clicks on this thread?

Wasn't there a palpable fear of all things "devilish" in TWI, and for what? Is that what you get when you're "more than a conqueror?"

Obviously not. But more-than-conquerors aren't as easy to control as the spiritual hypochondriacs we often became, especially after the Advanced Class. What TWI reinforced in us was not faith, but fear.

The reason it was so effective is that we were never "more-than-conquerors" on account of Wierwille's pop-theology. We were "more-than-conjurers." As I've said before, believing = magic, as Wierwille taught it. It was a foundation of sand. It didn't work, and deny it all we could, we knew it didn't work.

Okay, there are lots of anecdotal "miracles." We LOVE the anecdotes for one reason - they are the EXCEPTIONS we've hoped against all hope might have proven the rule... but folks, it doesn't work that way. Maybe in Vegas, where you play the odds.

Hmm, thou shalt play thy odds above... Nope. That ain't it. God isn't the odds. God is not a statistical probability. Well, is He?

I don't know what Jesus taught, and I haven't moved any mountains lately. Make that ever. All I know is, the faith of Jesus Christ (not to be confused with one of the "7 kinds of faith" in Wierwille's bull....) is far beyond any mind-controlling linguistic formula found in PFAL.

Quoting the bible is not understanding the bible. Defining its terms is not. Making it "fit" is not. Retemorizing is not. Working the collaterals is not.

So the truth is, this thread was a trick. It won't get you possessed. But if you already are, it might cast a few out, if you're lucky.

angelkit.gif

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Waiting... oh... that's right... I won't know... only the spiritually sharp people will know...

If someone starts speaking in tongues, staring at me, and telling me to get out in the name of Jesus Christ... that would be the sign that this site has affected me...

angelkit.gifangelkit.gifangelkit.gifangelkit.gifangelkit.gifangelkit.gif

how very silly... confused.gif

I remember when I was told I was possessed I asked what devil spirit was I possessed with. The answer was that it was not known but that it must be something generational from my family.

I mean if they receive revvy that I'm possessed you would think that the God almighty would also tell them what spirit it was.

And, if they actually really did get revvy you would think they would want me healed by offering to cast it out.

What a cop out!!!!! banghead.gif

Telling someone they are possessed is, of course, a catch 22...there is no possible way to confirm or deny it...it's all mythology. You might as well tell someone that you had a vision of Thor the thunder god throwing his hammer through Asgard...

In light of twi's teachings on what happens to "cop outs", I wonder what martindale thinks of his own spiritual condition these days.

The "Catch-22" Groucho mentioned isn't far from what they did in the "good old days," when one of the church's tests for a witch was whether or not you'd float on water. If you sank and drowned, you were innocent. If you stayed afloat, you were guilty, and they burned you.

By the float test, I guess Jesus would have been called a witch.

quote:
Wasn't there a palpable fear of all things "devilish" in TWI, and for what? Is that what you get when you're "more than a conqueror?"

Obviously not. But more-than-conquerors aren't as easy to control as the spiritual hypochondriacs we often became, especially after the Advanced Class. What TWI reinforced in us was not faith, but fear.

Well said, for all the talk, bible quotin', classes and meetings.. I doubt I have ever met a group of people that had more irrational fears or were so deeply locked in all types of denial than way people...

Thank God I possessed enough faith and common sense to get out