GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI to the Rescue - "Once again, our believing has saved the world!"

ChasUFarley

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must have gone in the Bermuda Triangle, Jonny.

Although, I've been on and off most of the day, and I didn't spot a new post from you.

The delete button getting a mind of it's own? Bad button!

Can you reconstruct? You're memory for details is so much better than mine. I just remember all the blather about the price of gold skyrocketing and not having enough money to contribute my share to the cost of the Mal's.

But, hell yeah, we did save the world that year!! If not for us-in the hills we would still be, like Japanese coming out of the caves years after the war was over.

• 1 year later...

I remember my first few months in twi hearing on a SNS (1979) vp averted some big disaster in 1968. I inquired what this was, but no one knew what it was all about. I did hear numerous times the only reason the U.S. wasn’t in slavery was because of vp interceding. Everyone was encouraged to own a gun in the event of a take over, because it would be a matter of hand to hand combat, house to house. I never was clear if this take over was to be another country or our own.

In addition, everyone was encouraged to read up on the Illuminati. Also some book I can’t remember the title of, but it had to do with Jewish bankers running the world banks, loaning huge sums of money to countries thus owning them, etc.

Anyone ever read Robert Ludlum? He had similar plots to his books. (He wrote Bourne Identity, Bourne Supremacy, and Bourne Ultimatum).

And Sir Squirrel, sober now...(in spite of playing the twi drinking game) hooks up with agent James Bird (agent 007) to avert world disaster, stop the evils of cancer, and brandishing his rightly dividing sword, discerns the difference between a false and genuine prophet. His conclusion? Himself, of course.

I know this by revelation.

Hey! What happened to my post!? I had a fairly long post in here about how me and Toppie and many other Eighth and', Tenth Corps Saved The World! It was right after Toppie's post with the pic of the "Mal Pack". What gives? Moderator? :(

I'd like to see it. I'd like to know what I missed as I never got the opportunity to interact with the 10th before I was yanked out after my fall 1979 stint at HQ.

However, I remember well how the country was going to disintegrate before Christmas. We had a live phone hookup with someone presumably on the inside who was telling us that. Most vividly I remember after that meeting how fellow 8th VR was lamenting, "There goes the coouunnnttttttrrryyyyy...."

To be consistant, you had to believe that the country was going to h*ll in a handbasket, and like those who spout false prophesies everywhere, you have to backpedal when it doesn't come true.

It's not so much "backpedaling" as "reinterpreting things so you weren't REALLY wrong,

or saying the false prophecy "prevented itself from coming true."

vpw was fond of the latter.

It was the believing of twi people that saved the US in 1976.

(Amazingly, we're still hearing that from some posters, so this tactic WORKS.)

On the other hand,

if it was some sort of psychic, vpw was vocal about them being a FALSE PROPHET if what they

said didn't come to pass.

At ROA '79, he made a big deal about some supposed predictions made for the first 1/2 of 1979,

where someone predicted a major earthquake "in some city-I think it was Oklahoma City."

He used BOTH answers to their failure to predict.

He said he wished he had contact information for the person who made that prediction.

"I'd let them know we have some people called The Way in that state and city and county....

*pause for applause*

then I'd take them to that place in Deuteronomy that says that if a prophet says something and

it doesn't come to pass, then they are FALSE PROPHETS."

For those of you wondering, he was talking about

Deuteronomy 18:20-22.

(KJV)

"20But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

21And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?

22When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him."

(NASB)

" 20'But the prophet who speaks a word presumptuously in My name which I have not commanded him to speak, or which he speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die.'

21"You may say in your heart, 'How will we know the word which the LORD has not spoken?'

22"When a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him."

On the other hand,

if it was some sort of psychic, vpw was vocal about them being a FALSE PROPHET if what they

said didn't come to pass.

Nothing like having two sets of standards, eh?

"Well, the Mogster was speaking a CONDITIONAL prophecy.."

pretty convenient.

I heard that about TMI also, Mr. Moose.

What I wonder is.. you NEVER heard about events where "deliverance" did not come. I wonder how many "believers" lost homes and had property damage and related loss from storms, hurricanes.. pretty convenient to ignore.

It's kinda like the front parking spot. "Gawwd blessed Joe believer by moving heaven and earth to give him the front spot at the local WalMart.."

That's nice. What about the ninety-nine other times he had to park in the far end of the lot? Was he just some dead meat in the sight of gawwd or something?

No wonder we made some bad choices.. the data was pretty skewed.

When the Berlin Wall came down, I do recall LCM saying that all the "Cold War" stuff was collapsing because something worse was on the way. The devil spirits had had their fun with the Communist scenario; now they were moving into different territory. He alluded to the threat from Muslims and their rise in fanaticism, and said there would be a lot of trouble from that group of people.

Now that has indeed come to pass with 9/11, London tube train bombings, train bombings in Madrid, bombings of embassies in many countries, various holiday resorts favored in particular by Jewish or American holidaymakers being bombed, etc to name but a few things.

Sounded good at the time, and it did come to pass. But I'm not now convinced that LCM had any special revelation on what he said; or that it was a word of prophecy; or that it was any more than generally seeing the way things were stacking up.

When the Berlin Wall came down, I do recall LCM saying that all the "Cold War" stuff was collapsing because something worse was on the way. The devil spirits had had their fun with the Communist scenario; now they were moving into different territory. He alluded to the threat from Muslims and their rise in fanaticism, and said there would be a lot of trouble from that group of people.

Now that has indeed come to pass with 9/11, London tube train bombings, train bombings in Madrid, bombings of embassies in many countries, various holiday resorts favored in particular by Jewish or American holidaymakers being bombed, etc to name but a few things.

Sounded good at the time, and it did come to pass. But I'm not now convinced that LCM had any special revelation on what he said; or that it was a word of prophecy; or that it was any more than generally seeing the way things were stacking up.

Well...Twinky, what if his prediction was right, again??! All those committed to Cult Doctrine ended up as he predicted... Grease Spots at mid-night! Die Fuehrung hat versagt? Oder die Schaffe sind aufgefressen? <_<

The book we were encouraged to read was "None Dare Call it Conspiracy."

by Gary Allen ( I think I might still have a copy)

He also wrote " None Dare Call It Treason".

BTW

I predict that when winter arrives, it will be drastically colder( at least where I live) than it was this summer.

Hope that comes to pass-------I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm a false prophet or something.

Yeah I remember that book "None Dare Call It Conspiracy". During my second WOW year our TC decided that we should go to ther local "John Birch Society" so there was another 3 hr meeting while we watched their videos. Could we really have been that gullible????

I remember hearing how the Pennsylvania LC saved us from three mile island. That was in 79 IIRC.

That LC was TW...I knew him from Emporia, and I had a lot of interaction with him that year as I was in the Philly WOW branch on my interim year. I don't remember him making any claim like that. I do remember him suggesting we answer the protesters who were chanting "hell, no, we don't glow" with "hell, yes, we do" as we witnessed. But he and wife MW were pretty level headed people. Of course it is very possible others made that claim about him.

BTW

I predict that when winter arrives, it will be drastically colder( at least where I live) than it was this summer.

Hope that comes to pass-------I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm a false prophet or something.

They accuse us of that all the time when it comes to the weather,

Well...Twinky, what if his prediction was right, again??! All those committed to Cult Doctrine ended up as he predicted... Grease Spots at mid-night!

Ah well, Bumpy, that's where his powers of prediction failed.

Most of us here (myself among them) would say we have a better relationship with God now than we did in TWI. Not so much of a grease spot as a growth spurt.

(D'ya suppose he thinks of himself as a grease spot?)

(Or d'ya suppose he realizes this infamous prediction didn't come to pass?)

LCM had read New World Order by Pat Robinson and regurtitated heavily. I'm convinced that LCM never had an original thought in his life and seriously doubt his "revelation" and I even doubt he read half of the books he claimed to have read, but was briefed on them.

Ah well, Bumpy, that's where his powers of prediction failed.

Most of us here (myself among them) would say we have a better relationship with God now than we did in TWI. Not so much of a grease spot as a growth spurt.

(D'ya suppose he thinks of himself as a grease spot?)

(Or d'ya suppose he realizes this infamous prediction didn't come to pass?)

I suppose the question is, what Nightingale considered in his divine wisdom, the individual without TWI would evolve into?

After all, what is GS without TWI and the MOG’s who ran the show? It’s a game of 3 way ping pong. Only the lost soldiers of leadership seem to have departed from the scene.

They have left the battlefield for destinations unknown, leaving those here speculating on what might have been?? <_<

I suppose the question is, what Nightingale considered in his divine wisdom, the individual without TWI would evolve into?

After all, what is GS without TWI and the MOG’s who ran the show? It’s a game of 3 way ping pong. Only the lost soldiers of leadership seem to have departed from the scene.

They have left the battlefield for destinations unknown, leaving those here speculating on what might have been?? <_<

What might have been?...How about "more of the same".

It was a flim flam operation from day one. The departure of talented people was not only inevitable but something to be thankful for...It's when we depart from twi that life begins anew...a world where we decide for ourselves without some cult figure standing over us.

Yeah I remember that book "None Dare Call It Conspiracy". During my second WOW year our TC decided that we should go to ther local "John Birch Society" so there was another 3 hr meeting while we watched their videos. Could we really have been that gullible????

Some of the JBS stuff is quite good. I'm not much for the conspiracy stuff, sometimes I do listen intently, but they do have excellent DVD's on the purpose and meaning of the Constitution of the United States, how our form of government supposed to work and why it is the best around, the proper function and original intent of the founding fathers, and how our government and rights differ from other political governments. etc etc.