GreaseSpot Cafe

Farewell

Jung

I received several private messages in the past week and I felt that I owed those individuals the courtesy of a reply. It has been suggested by some that my colleague Freud and I have been "run off" by hostile posters. Speaking only for myself this is not the case. It has also been suggested that I must be going through a "huge range of emotions" trying to reconcile the Craig I know with the Craig I have read about on this site. Let me offer some perspective. Craig was an acquaintance. To me he seemed to be nothing more than an ordinary middle aged man with a min wage type job. Finding out he was formerly a cult leader was interesting but not emotionally troublesome for me. I was not in the Way. I was not dominated nor abused by him. I suspect veiwing him as a fairly innocuous person is more difficult for many of the former Way members who post on GSC and remember him as a powerful man. I have no interest in Craig and frankly given what I now know about him that is probably wise. What I have found compelling are the many stories of GSC posters. I have spent hours reading through multiple threads. I have listened to some of the interviews. It is clear to me that many of you have suffered because of your involvement with the Way. Some seemed to have moved on, while others are clearly still trying to "find themselves" in a post Way world. I think it is great that you have this online community for support and friendship which brings me to the point of this post. This is not my world, these are not my issues. I do not intend to continue on this board, not because I have been put off by the skepticism regarding Freud and myself, but because I simply don't think I have anything else to offer. If I may, I would like to offer one last piece of advice. In a thread from 2005 someone mentioned a book "Influence: Science and Practice". The poster incorrectly listed the author as "Richard" Cialdini. The author's name is Robert Cialdini. I would highly recommend this book if you are struggling to figure out how you were persuaded to join the Way and why you went along with all kinds of stuff you would not put up with now. The book explains how ordinary people can be persuaded to do things they would rather not do. It also teaches you how to recognize those techniques and defend yourself against them. Cialdini is widely recognized by scholars as an expert on the topic of social influence. I hope the book helps those of you who need it find some closure. Wishing you all the best ... Jung.

Edited by Jung

I think it is great that you have this online community for support and friendship which brings me to the point of this post. This is not my world, these are not my issues. I do not intend to continue on this board, not because I have been put off by the skepticism regarding Freud and myself, but because I simply don't think I have anything else to offer.

Thank you for having been here. :)

David

No. Wait. Don't go. You need us! You'll never fully realize your potential if you don't stay. You say, this is "not your world," but you're wrong. It is your world. It IS. You can't leave. Please don't leave.

But if you do leave, who needs your kind anyway? We sure don't. We never liked you, Jung. You oughta be banned from Greasespot. You were this close, anyway, I'm sure of it. That's right. Banned baby! How's that make ya feel? You pathetic little jerk.

Please, don't go. Think of all the good you could do. All the money you could make. You could be a leader, I can see your potential.

Know any good excorcists? Heh heh. I can read minds you know... I heard that.

Edited by satori001

No. Wait. Don't go. You need us! You'll never fully realize your potential if you don't stay. You say, this is "not your world," but you're wrong. It is your world. It IS. You can't leave. Please don't leave.

But if you do leave, who needs your kind anyway? We sure don't. We never liked you, Jung. You oughta be banned from Greasespot. You were this close, anyway, I'm sure of it. That's right. Banned baby! How's that make ya feel? You pathetic little jerk.

Please, don't go. Think of all the good you could do. All the money you could make. You could be a leader, I can see your potential.

Know any good excorcists? Heh heh. I can read minds you know... I heard that.

In a thread from 2005 someone mentioned a book "Influence: Science and Practice". The poster incorrectly listed the author as "Richard" Cialdini. The author's name is Robert Cialdini. I would highly recommend this book if you are struggling to figure out how you were persuaded to join the Way and why you went along with all kinds of stuff you would not put up with now. The book explains how ordinary people can be persuaded to do things they would rather not do. It also teaches you how to recognize those techniques and defend yourself against them. Cialdini is widely recognized by scholars as an expert on the topic of social influence. I hope the book helps those of you who need it find some closure.

0321011473.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Sounds like Jung has read this book, Satori. Have you yet?? :)

Edited by dmiller

Damn Satori, I just don't get that....

I know man. I know.

--

I'll miss Freud and Jung, personally. Let me go on record here by stating that I highly doubt they were the real Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung. Even so, these imposters provided a new and worthwhile perspective, even for infidel/outsiders, a.k.a. , outfidels. And how about Greasespot's ability to draw the celebrities? I wouldn't surprised if Amelia Airheart or Chairman Mao dropped in to Greasespot, just to say they spotted VPW at Burger King last week. I'll be just as skeptical as ever though.

Edited by satori001

Yes, the improbability of your meeting with Loy and the denizens of Greasespot, once again highlights the power of sychronicity.

Gosh...

I looked up sychronicity, and got ERROR from Webster's.

They (Webster's) were kind enough to offer this instead ---

synchronicity

One entry found for synchronicity.

Main Entry: syn·chro·nic·i·ty

Function: noun

1 : the quality or fact of being synchronous

2 : the coincidental occurrence of events and especially psychic events

(as similar thoughts in widely separated persons or a mental image of an

unexpected event before it happens) that seem related but are not explained

by conventional mechanisms of causality --

used especially in the psychology of C. G. Jung

Every once in a while,

someone decides they got everything they needed to from the GSC

and sail off to enjoy their life sans-GSC.

Based on that criteria, if Jung must leave, I'm glad this was the

reason-I can find no better one.

Take care, Jung, fare well.

Now I'm drawing a parallel between LCM and Nebuchadnezzar. Neb was powerful and an egomaniac. Built that big thingamabob and commanded everybody to worship it under penalty of death. Then he was like a beast and had to live like an animal and eat plants for a year and THEN he got his mind right.

LCM has been "eating the grass" of a minimum wage job for 5 1/2 years now. Must not have his mind right yet.

Now I'm drawing a parallel between LCM and Nebuchadnezzar. Neb was powerful and an egomaniac. Built that big thingamabob and commanded everybody to worship it under penalty of death. Then he was like a beast and had to live like an animal and eat plants for a year and THEN he got his mind right.

LCM has been "eating the grass" of a minimum wage job for 5 1/2 years now. Must not have his mind right yet.

Maybe if he *smoked* the grass, he'd get his mind right.... :spy:

Anywho...

Best of luck to you, too, Jung & Co. Your posts were interesting and it was sort of enlightening to think of how the mighty might have fallen... sort of.

I appreciate your courtesy in letting us know you're leaving. That was really thoughtful of you. I wish you well. I'm glad you stopped in.

Thanks for bringing that book up, as I didn't notice it before and it looks like something I would benefit from reading. I found it on half.com for 95 cents plus shipping and ordered it. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Please feel welcome to come on back anytime.

If I may, I would like to offer one last piece of advice. In a thread from 2005 someone mentioned a book "Influence: Science and Practice". The poster incorrectly listed the author as "Richard" Cialdini. The author's name is Robert Cialdini. I would highly recommend this book if you are struggling to figure out how you were persuaded to join the Way and why you went along with all kinds of stuff you would not put up with now.

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure and collect your 'parting gifts' on the way out!

I looked this Cialdini guy up on Wikipedia (I know, not THE complete source for knowledge) but at first glance is sure looks like a lot of the stuff THEY TAUGHT US to use in our day to day lives of witnessing to and then undershepherding God's chosen people...

Of course I now use my power for good not evil...

Edited by Tom Strange

Thanks, Jung. I really appreciate your saying goodbye as well. :)

I also missed that book somehow and will definitely see if I can get as good a deal as BOWTWI did on it.

Be sure to hit Tom Strange up for a snow cone before you leave. He's carries only the best.

Thanks for your input Jung. I tend to believe you guys are for real and I also understand why you don't feel the need to stick around. TWI was only a big deal to those of us who were involved.

And Satori, I thought your comments were funny, for what it's worth.

I'm glad you met him. Maybe you can help him. I'm glad you might become his friend. I hope you continue to let people know positives in his life. I still pray for him. God is our maker and the judge and the days and time are short. That's why I pray for him. Thanks for being here and posting.