GreaseSpot Cafe

CES is in a Mess...

Now I know it is called gossip by those that want to hide what is going on, but I say, "It is commonly reported..."

There is a huge mess with the CES [Christian Educational Services] aka STFI [spirit & Truth Fellowship International] Board of Directors.

The CEO, Dan Gallagher, was fired by Mark Graeser, then Mark fired someone else in the office, then another one quit. Then Jeff the sales guy quit.

The word is that the Graeser's and Resner's are running the Ministry with "Prophetic dreams" and the rest of the Board is not happy with them.

It's a four / two split and come Jan 15th some are hoping Mark Graeser will be voted out as President. They need a leadership change and some balance brought back to the Board. The Graeser's and Resner's are really out of balance right now. They just published a 41 page paper about the rest of the Board / Staff and have heard that 70% of that is dreams.....and fluffing (polishing) the facts.

John Lynn has been trying to sort it all out...it's really a HUGE mess....

If you care about the direction of CES let them know what you think.

http://stfonline.org/about/contact.html

The CEO, Dan Gallagher, was fired by Mark Graeser, then Mark fired someone else in the office, then another one quit. Then Jeff the sales guy quit.

So when did this happen??

HERE'S THE LINK TO THE CES/STFI BOD.

Jeff quit?? Hmmmmmmmm (if it's true).

I didn't realize one person had the authority to fire others (if that's what happened).

John S. lives at Camp Vision there in Bloomington.

Wonder if he is next?

So where did you hear all this? I'm all ears for FACTS.

Edited by dmiller

PS --- no I won't e-mail them. I'll get on the phone and call direct. Interestingly enough --

the latest issue of THE SOWER I received was all about Biblical Leadership --

the leading article written by Dan Gallagher.

I still want to know when this all happened, if it did, and why.

The ball is in your court Captain Crunch. Serve it up, and deliver.

If you have facts, let's hear them --- I'll listen if it's

something besides "It's commonly reported".

Edited by dmiller

I can't imagine any group dubbing itself "STFI" being bound toward a happy ending...

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Sorry. Ahem...Well, anyway.

Oh, it's not worth it, never mind.

Yes it is. "STFI"'s bound to ...

Nope, can't write it.

Cap'n Crunch, set your sails for the land of milk 'n' honey and spoon it up for us!

I mean, can we really imagine clicking on the STFI link to be met with:

THIS WEBPAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION.

We have recently encountered false prophets and dreamers in our midst.

Please excuse the inconvenience, while we root them out.

You're impotent to us.

God Bless You.

Standing erect with you,

The new STFI STAFF

STFI. Ugh. Sounds like a brand name to a spamming pharmacutical.

Edited by TheInvisibleDan

In my opinion...and note that I have not said my opinion is humble or should be anybody else's opinion or should have any sway over anybody else's life...

When one who has come out of twi can spend the better part of an hour reading through at least a dozen pages of a web site produced by an allegedly Christian ministry without ever once coming upon 'how to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, give drink to the thirsty', one would be wise to remember twi and its heritage of an absent Jesus.

IOW...

Can't find Jesus in the website, why would you expect to find Jesus in the people?

SOSDD.

Of course it's gonna go down the Way of the Way.

IMO.

Hey there Dan. In answer to your question -- Yes I would.

Now that they have the new web-site with the *all about them* link,

I would think that it should be updated to current news in a timely fashion.

JAL (from what I understand with my limited perspective), was confronted by the ENTIRE BOD,

when he did something they didn't feel was right several years ago.

Nuff of that -- I only bring that up because It wasn't a one man decision then,

like these latest allegations seem to be.

And yes -- if CES is gonna be true to what they have seemed to be in the past --

I would expect nothing less.

I have no use for another control-oriented org.

OH man, I gotta know, seriously. dmiller, do you know - ex10, Crunchy, somebody -

What's this about Graeser's 'prophetic dreams'? and all of that? Is that for real? And do people in CES or STFI or whatever it is know that? I guess I mean, is that a fairly normal part of what they do or expect to have happening? Is it part of the 'personal prophecy' schtick? (I have no respect for that, so sorry if I come off sarcastic. Out of respect for posters here who like it I won't get off on that)

But the dream stuff is intriguing to me, which I won't go into here as a derail but if someone can expound a little on that it would be great. Thanks. In the meantime I have to hit the sack. If anything significant comes to me during the night, I'll be sure to post it here right away.

(Sorry, I'm hopeless as you can see)

Well, then let's PRAY for them.

If they're having troubles, and if their original intention was to serve God and help His people (and we can all recall that this is not a goal without natural obstacles, both those that the Devil throws in front of folks, as well as those that they throw in front of themselves, being PEOPLE), then let's ask God to help them figure it out, so that His people can still be helped.

I don't know all of them. And haven't seen any of them for years. But what I remember of those whom I did know, back in the day, is a heart to love God and serve His people.

I hope that they end up okay.

• Upvote 1

Yet one more example of why I temper my relationship with any sort of organized religion and why I have nothing to do with any TWI offshoot. <_<

I wonder what those who were fired are going to call their offshoot of an offshoot ministry... :yawn1:

I didn't know any kind of ministry needed or payed "sales" positions. At least they're honest in calling Jeff a salesman. Explains his posts on here. I just wish he had told all of us when he did post that he was a salesman.

Of course, it would have been better if TWI had called us salespeople, too, instead of "ambassadors" or "WOW's" or "Disciples of the Way" - never thought of "disciple" as being synonymous with "sales". :doh: It's what we did though, isn't it?

David, I love ya, Man! But, you give religious people too much credit sometimes. :love3: People in religious leadership positions for the most part, imo, just aren't capable of living and practicing what they preach - especially the part about being honest. :( There's just too much money and adoration at stake.

I am not Jeff. He is the "sales guy." I called him that because I only know him as the guy you order stuff from. At least when I was buying stuff.

It is reported that Mark and Karen Ann (his "Prophetess") wife went to the ministry attorneys and found out that as President he can hire and fire anyone he wants.

It is also reported that Karen Ann is behind the scenes once again pulling the strings and directing the ministry and that this is part of why Mark should no longer be President.

When they started all this prophesy stuff, you would go to one of their events and if you wanted to you could "get a personal prophesy." I have had a few of these and 2 to 4 people would sit in a circle with you and say what came to mind about you. Now I believe this could be from God. But it would be really easy to use it to manipulate people.

Gotta go.

Capt.

PS - Oh, I forgot, this started in late October.

Edited by Captain Crunch

Well, I too just recently became aware of this situation. I have heard the exact same things that Captain Crunch has posted. It really makes me sick, as it seems to be a rerun of stuff that is reminiscent of our former cult. :(

Hopefully, the mess will get straightened out, as many good people have already been hurt. The using and abusing of people has to stop. From what I understand, most of the "leadership" of CES is really upset about this turn of events. As they should be. We'll see what happens, I guess.

Can't say I'm not disappointed. I've spoken highly of CES in the past. As time and events wore on, and as I became less and less satisfied with their tapes, I spoke of them less and less, then not at all.

Sigh.

I'm not exactly sure of the quote, but someone once said, "All organizations have the seeds of death planted in them at their beginning", or something to that effect. You can be sure, whatever organization you belong to, there will come a day when that organization will no longer adhere to its 'mission statement'.

• Upvote 1