GreaseSpot Cafe

Letter from John Lynn

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dmiller...you won't hear from CES yet. Joeoday has been the closest thing to a spokesman for CES here at GS. He said they are waiting until the Board meeting January 15, and then the new BOD will be contacting their 'faith community'. As I posted earlier, no corporation announces their fights, but announces their new Staff once the fight is fairly well over. (Note: I'm speaking strictly from a business/adminstrative standpoint here.)

Have you sent other CESers to read the FACTS and the CES Is In a Mess thread? I think we'd all be interested to know if you've gotten any feedback from them.

Two answers to your comment/ and question;

I understand it it is to their *advantage* to keep folks such as myself in the *dark*,

while they figure out administrative arguements.

What I am PO'd about is something that I posted earlier (I forget where now) --

IS THE LEAST THEY COULD DO IS SAY WE HAVE ISSUES HERE!

PLEASE PRAY FOR US.

And did I hear that plea --- NO!

and no -- I haven't sent anything to other CES'er's. I know none of them.

I've been quite detached from CES, other than supporting them in some of their endeavours.

But since I have supported them in the past, and given all that has been recently *come to light*,

I would have AT LEAST expect some sort of info, if nothing else than a prayer request.

But even that wasn't forth-coming. :(

Edited by dmiller

Good point. That they have not asked for prayer...is revealing.

Which faction, however, would do this?

How would they ask?

Too expensive and slow to do it in writing.

An email to all, perhaps.

Or the website...but...

whichever they did they'd open themselves up to emails or calls, but if Mark is still running the office he'd answer them.....

It's a mess alright.

I think it is kind of "convenient"..

Us greasespotters are picking on some poor, sincere, soul..

All of this "conveniently" seems to take pressure off of the REAL problem- PERSONAL PROPHECY, CES, John Lynn, et al.

Why one person is willing to fall on the sword here is beyond me..

of course I would have done this for another organization, at one time.

All of the distraction seems to be FAR too convenient.

PERSONAL PROPHECY, AS PRACTICED BY "THAT" ORGANIZATION IS STILL FUNDAMENTALLY DEVILISH.

God-in-a-box is STILL despicable.

At least to me.

I think it is sad that somebody comes forward as some kind of suicide bomber of sorts, to try to protect it.

Danny,

Sure wish I'd listened to my gut many times back then. I was so confused on the difference between...heart, head, God, man...Thanks! :confused: :unsure: :love3:

OnefineCustom -

Me too.

Though I realize now my 'gut' was shouting toward the end of my time with "the old

gigantic cult" (lol). It's interesting to see others here having gone through and going through

the same "red flags" popping up in the back of their minds.

Danny

Although I have never been involved in CES/STF in any way, I do have some family and friends that are involved and I have contacted them about what I have learned here. None of them wanted to hear what is happening, especially regarding personal prophecy.

They have no respect for Greasespot. They feel we are a TWI offshoot whose sole purpose is to bad mouth anything TWI or TWI related, including other offshoots. When I explain to them we are not a like-minded group, but individuals that hold many different beliefs, some will listen, but not all.

Some feel the CES accusers have a hidden agenda. They were wronged in the past, or want more power.

I have read some of the documents to some CES followers. The most common response is that the CES leadership is right. (I don't understand how they can all be right if they can't agree with each other.) But there are some who are thinking about what is happening. Everyone I have contacted is praying about the situation.

By the way, when I contacted them, they had no knowledge of anything amiss happening in CES/STF.

Its pretty sad, and very frustrating.

That is very sad and frustrating Vegan. Yet, it seems new names are showing up in these threads every day, so someone must be reading, someone must be interested. How many of those someone's are active in CES, I have no idea. I sure hope some are.

I also hope they aren't put off from reading the documents and some of the very good posts within these threads, by all of the fighting and mudslinging that is also contained within these threads.

I think that even if the people that I talk with don't want to hear what I have to say, they do go and talk with other CES followers, to see what they think. And maybe some are checking it out, but not admitting it to me.

Remember when JAL wrote his letter to people still in TWI, and we (I) was told not to go to hear him speak or we (I) would be in huge trouble spiritually? I wonder if CES/STF tells their followers similar things about Greasespot. They seem to have a lot of wrong information concerning us.

Vegan, it's like WayDale and the early Cafe days all over again when the dam broke and so much was exposed affecting so many people at once.

There are some who absolutely refuse to believe that their little group is imperfect with serious problems and serious destruction of lives.

Some are in shock and feel like the rug has been pulled out from under them.

Some are relieved to find out that the 'red flags' they've been feeling, sensing and wondering about have real substance and validity.

The reactions to this will range from violent outbursts to serious depression. Many of the folks who started out as staunch vee pee, craiggers and TWI defenders eventually came around to seeing how duped they were. I believe we'll see a lot of the same with this CESpool. :)

Those slinging the mud and attacking others are great reminders of what became of some of us when we were fully indocrinated and letting others do our thinking for us.

Here is something I found about the Killdeer.

from Wikipedia:

Their name comes from their frequently heard call. These birds will frequently use the "broken-wing act" to distract predators from their nests. This involves the bird walking away from its nesting area holding its wing in a position that simulates an injury and then flapping around on the ground emitting a distress call. The predators then think they have easy prey and are attracted to this seemingly injured bird and away from the nest. If the parent sees that a potential predator is not following them, they will move closer and get louder until they get the attention of the predator.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killdeer

I think we are getting a little to close to the "nest" for some people.

It may not be easy, but a person can ignore this kind of behavior.

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

Wow Mr. Hamm, what a thought provoking analogy. How appropriate.

This would explain much of what happens at greasespot whenever we get close to abuse issues.

It explains the venom and anger that is poured out at the posters, who have done nothing....

The people who are using/hurting folks are portrayed as heros and saints and given a free pass yet again...go figure.

Great insight Mr. Hamm

Edited by rascal

Very good points, Belle, Danny, and Mr. Ham, and Abi,

Let's just all not talk about it. We must be positive you know because that is what is right. Talking about splinter groups is negative so if we want to "do" the word, we will not discuss them here.

Hopefully, everyone will just forget about all that has been exposed here, and go about their business as well they should. That's their job. Oh, and be prosperous so you can tithe as much as you can to the splinter of your choice. Thank you little ones. It's nice to be associated with those who are "on the word."

mog of your choice

I agree. And I would add Rascal, and you, WaterBuffalo.

I keep calling them. And they keep answering their phones. Even if they act like they don't want to hear, and argue with every point I make, at least there's dialogue. That's got to mean something.

Let's just all not talk about it. We must be positive you know because that is what is right. Talking about splinter groups is negative so if we want to "do" the word, we will not discuss them here.

Hopefully, everyone will just forget about all that has been exposed here, and go about their business as well they should. That's their job. Oh, and be prosperous so you can tithe as much as you can to the splinter of your choice. Thank you little ones. It's nice to be associated with those who are "on the word."

mog of your choice

Exactly...!!! :eusa_clap:

Like..........what???? :doh:

Hmmmmm.......maybe those things that were happening in Corinth shouldn't have been written and exposed??? Quick.....someone tell God that his holy men shouldn't be writing such things like we see in the second epistle of Corinthians???????????

And.................why does Jesus warn his followers about "wolves in sheep's clothing?"

And.................why did those present-day epistles alert the first century church about seducers and deceivers who work contrary to the cross of Christ?? Etc. etc.

:confused:

Edited by skyrider

This the type of division twi founded in the believing all who is not for us is against us and the whole "unbeliever" name calling.

how does anyone know if a person is called of God?

I do not . the whole sit thing is wrong, no proof of anything.

but how fast to discount anyone who isnt "of their group" we are a racist society .

christ formed a body of believers how inheck did it get so small to be only the certain group like ces or stf? or twi?

well they think maybe they are born again but God likes us better!

so we have a golden inroad to a better God than them , it is arrogance and wrong.

and at this point getting a little ridiculas isnt it?

Exactly...!!! :eusa_clap:

Like..........what???? :doh:

Hmmmmm.......maybe those things that were happening in Corinth shouldn't have been written and exposed??? Quick.....someone tell God that his holy men shouldn't be writing such things like we see in the second epistle of Corinthians???????????

And.................why does Jesus warn his followers about "wolves in sheep's clothing?"

And.................why did those present-day epistles alert the first century church about seducers and deceivers who work contrary to the cross of Christ?? Etc. etc.

:confused:

LOL, Skyrider. What you said bears repeating. So true, so true.

1Broken1

This is the ill effect of one bring CES's problems to a place like this..there will not be any logical, rationializing and true heart answers for you here..this is a problem they need to owe up to fix it.. but dealing with it within thier own church..Ive seen alot of godly sugar coating and its a quick fix..I hope you truly get answers.

LaE - i think i got the info i needed in a PM - thanks though.

There is some greatly disturbing information in the letters - so greatly dividing the 'laity' and the 'clergy' is just so TWI, was nothing learned from so much previous destruction? And 'prophet level 1' - that just keeps reminding me of Dungeons and Dragons and I'm not sure can be supported with scripture. Thankfully I'm not important enough to have had spiders coming out of my nose - probably just something i can get off with a tissue.

At least I know how seriously to listen to the next tape of the month on Conflict Resolution.

As Homer Simpson would say, "son, your mother makes a very loud point."

They have no respect for Greasespot. They feel we are a TWI offshoot whose sole purpose is to bad mouth anything TWI or TWI related, including other offshoots. When I explain to them we are not a like-minded group, but individuals that hold many different beliefs, some will listen, but not all.

You say that as if it's a bad thing, Veggie Tale. :biglaugh:

:)

Well, I love Greasespot, and I'm thankful for everyone here.

My family and friends in CES agree with what JAL said in his letter, that we magnify faults above good, no matter what, and we all feel the same way. I tell them there are some on Greasespot who are (were) part of CES, and some who are with CFF, and there are some who hold VPW's teachings close to their hearts. And I tell them there are some who disagree with everything that was taught, and are traveling on another path. It helps some to see we aren't evil incarnate, and that their leadership lied about us. It helps some to see that all sides will be heard, so they can make a decision.