GreaseSpot Cafe

Work s&cks sometimes, doesn't it?

markomalley

There are times I love my job.

There are times I hate my job.

I enjoy my job when I am able to guide things, be able to help people out, when I perceive I am able to make a difference. I have been able to get people employment, able to help out some disadvantaged small businesses, and been able to help American soldiers at the same time.

I am able to get great satisfaction from that.

I hate my job when I have to deal with people with hidden agendas. When folks question my personal integrity or the integrity of those who work for me. When I see people trying to slip the blade between my ribs in order to reach my heart.

I am in such a circumstance right now.

I am faced with a couple of folks who are trying to undermine my company and me on a personal basis. They have impuned the integrity of my employees. They have impuned my integrity.

Their allegations are false. I am able to conclusively (in a court of law) prove this.

My bosses (all the way to the very top) know that the allegations are false. As a CYOA (cover your own a$$) I have kept them fully informed throughout the period. To the point of being accused of being paranoid...but the paranoia turns out to be fact...

I can defend my people...my company...myself. But the only way that I can do so (to my knowledge) is through utterly destroying our accusers. Ruin their careers. Ruin their lives. Ruin their reputations so that they can never do this to anybody else again. Possibly put one or both in jail.

And this would be all with verifiable, unrefutable fact. No allegations. No rumours. No innuendo. Like I said, court of law time.

I used to have the killer instinct. Formerly, I would and could and have done this...gone for the jugular without concern where the blood may spatter.

But I've found I've changed in the past few years. I see the point of martyrdom. I see the point of turning the other cheek. I see the point of sacrificing your self and I agree with it.

If it was just me...I'd offer myself as the sacrificial lamb. Because I really don't like hurting people anymore. Even if they hurt me first.

But there are others who depend upon me for their livelihood. If it were just me or my family, that would be one thing...but it isn't. There are several people who will be directly affected (as in losing their jobs) and there will be many more who might lose their jobs depending upon how the aftermath would be handled (the casual word of a particular congresscritter who has his thumb on this thing could have direct impact on a whole bunch of contracts far beyond this little $30 million dollar contract).

This sucks.

I don't want to destroy people...but I am faced with little or no alternative. I consider myself a Christian. And Christians don't do this. But I don't see an alternative.

I know this is cryptic. Sorry for that...but Google watches.

It's dirty as h3ll. Not me. Not my folks. Not my company. Just the situation. I don't like it, had I known it was going to go this way, I wouldn't have gotten in the situation in the first place. But hindsight is 20/20, right?

I need your prayers. For me...for wisdom and for my sanity. For my family for having to deal with me. And for all others concerned.

God knows all the truth. Just because I am only able to give the sketchiest of details doesn't mean your prayers won't be effectual...it just means that you have to trust God as you pray.

Thanks in advance for the most effectual help you can provide. Prayer.

Prayers for justice and for making a way through this mess. Praying for peace for all involved.

Sometimes the best way to go about this is to prepare to go for the throat and lay your knives on the table. Once they see your stregnth they just might give in and walk away from the fight. There is honor in defending others.

Mark what concerns me is if you have enemies they can google your name and see all your posts here on an x-cult site.

If that is your real name.

They sound ruthless.

I am concerned for you, but you may have to move forward.

Years ago, I tried to get a certain HEALTH insurance company in trouble. I called a person to report them. That person told me their corruption was so deep that if I had proof I would need to store the papers some where other than my home as they have had people break in to homes.

He told me the people were ruthless and even if I report them, the insurance company wines and dines all these people that get the reports. He said the people you report them to will probably tell them.

I did not go forward

I will pray for you.

Markomalley ~ seems you have those that you can protect/consider.. including yourself?... and as far as individuals that are in the wrong... I don't know of anything Christian in a hidden agenda.....

Do what needs to be done~ don't worry! ~

With love to you,

Safari

I dont think that I could say anything that would make any difference but I do understand in a way your dillemma,

I left any vestiges of the corporate world a long time ago for a simpler life because of similar reasons. It made me sick, It seems to be the way the whole system works. at times.

I wont offer you any unneeded advice, your a smart man an ethical man and a spiritual man, and eventually you will find the right avenue to work through this--- my thoughts and prayers will be with you Mark

Edited by mstar1

I need your prayers. For me...for wisdom and for my sanity.

For my family for having to deal with me. And for all others concerned.

God knows all the truth. Just because I am only able to give the

sketchiest of details doesn't mean your prayers won't be effectual...

it just means that you have to trust God as you pray.

Thanks in advance for the most effectual help you can provide. Prayer.

You got it, Mark.

Mark,

I have no doubt about your integrity. When I run into these things, I always remember to tell myself, or the person who is plagued by this lack of honor, that, "You are not among them". And yet it seems that it is not just a matter of not being "among them" in your case, because it also sounds as if this thing is plaguing the actual function of your business. And so, you are in my prayers brother O'Malley....

Andf Dooj, you said:

Once they see your stregnth

Streg nth? Pfffft! What spelling! Haw haw!!! Pfft! Snort!!!

MarkO,

You and I have disagreed on a number of occasions on various topics, but I know for a fact that you are a man of integrity (and this has already been established in any event).

(In my maybe not-so-humble and maybe not-so-religious opinion) Altho' you might not consider it 'the Christian thing to do', you gotta go full tilt on these jerks anyway. Evidently they have NO regard for you, your company, playing fair or honestly, or showing any humanity. Blood sucking scum like that must be shown no quarter as a result. :realmad:

Its a lot like you have said earlier about "arming our country to the teeth". That image also gives the clear impression that, if attacked, we WILL fight back and obliterate the invaders. The only way the invaders will be spared such destruction is if they withdraw *pronto*.

Such as it is with the scum who is screwing with you and your company's livelyhood, integrity, and everything else, and are showing no professionalism or decency in doing so. *They* have freely decided to go that route. ... Then let them 'eat the bitter fruits' of that decision.

Nothing for you to feel guilty about. ..... At all!

Cheers to you. :eusa_clap:

I'm not sure my prayers would do any good, but if you ever need to talk to someone who can keep his mouth shut, I'll listen. I've had my own company for years and have a tiny bit of experience in this sort of stuff. PM me if you want my email or phone number.

Hey MarkO...

I'd echo Mstar's sentiments...

I certainly have no magic or fixes or advice... but I definitely understand what you're saying and what you're going through.

I appreciate you, your perspective and your approach, which I believe is -- without question -- accompanied with/by a full measure of integrity. :eusa_clap:

Thanks all for the prayers (well, in the case of Garth, good thoughts ;) )

It frustrates me in that what I am having to do is gather evidence...correspondence, e-mail, testimony, etc., to build a case against the individuals. Then turn it over to our corporate counsel for appropriate packaging...and then the fireworks begin.

Essentially the way to stop the attacks is to attack back...and go for the jugular.

What makes it tough is that this is the DC area. There is a lot of politics involved...

I think the worst part about this is the level of frustration that this particular contract has given me (and those who work with/ for me). Far more than a $30M contract should.

And the feeling of being trapped. Got the mortgage. Got the kid in school. Got the wife with good access to the best medical. Just walking out is a huge price. There are several particular intricacies in the way that life is arranged that increase the feeling of trapped-ness (including finding other employment in this area) until my daughter turns 16, gets her drivers license, and can start driving herself to school (her HS is a good distance from the house).

And that feeling of being trapped makes it all far worse.

Again, thanks for the prayers in this.

Best of Luck again Mark

just curious, I obviously dont know much about the particulars, and as I said I left corporate life a long time ago because of crap like this,

but this stuck out

Essentially the way to stop the attacks is to attack back...and go for the jugular.

I know you have a military background, work in DC and that would be an almost natural inclination under the circumstances and could be one way to handle it, but there may be a third less obvious alternative somewhere between leaving or destroying, that hasnt been considered that could keep your ethics intact and still rectify the situation

You may be right, probably are, and I should be buttin out, but your impulses and inclinations might not be the only way to solve the situation.

Youve studied the lives of the saints more than anyone I know, and from the little that I know, they always seemed to ba "at a crossroads" and often found new ways to deal effectively with very hard problems in a christian manner without sacrifing themselves, their faith or those that they cared for..

Personally Im a beleiver that there is always an alternative especially when I cant see one

I trust that you have consulted with your priest or some trusted spiritual advisor, and have listened in prayer......

I'll keep prayin for you

and I'll shut up and wish you the best

/descend soapbox

Its always the little jobs that are a nightmare

I think you should "stand up" for the people who work for you...put the boots to these lowlifes...

...this is self defense...any consequences they receive, they brought upon themselves...

You may feel badly about involving yourself to this extent...but it's the right thing to do in this situation...IMHO.

...and this, from a "bleeding heart liberal" friend... :)

...and you have my prayers

Edited by GrouchoMarxJr

MarkOMalley, you have my thoughts and prayers. If there's anything else I can do - let me know - love, peace, wisdom and courage coming your way - T-Bone

Dear Mark,

I am praying that God gives you the proper and timely solutions you need, and the just means to carry them out to the proper advantage! I am also praying that God's will is clear to you and that he gives you comfort, peace and protection. You are a man of integrity and honor therefore God will be with you to work this situation out!

God bless and protect you and your family in His Love, RBG

Offering oneself as a martyr for one's spiritual convictions is one thing, but in the context of business, where religion is not so much the central issue,

but the integrity of your company and those who work with you - we may be talking apples and oranges here.

Perhaps reviewing Jesus' parables in the gospels concerning stewards and merchants might be interesting to consider, where such are depicted in certain cases of doing whatever

they had to do to preserve their position and livelihood.

Your a good man , Mark. My thoughts are with you.

Danny