GreaseSpot Cafe

New Pictures in the Gallery

Abigail

We had a ball! Thanks for making the trip abi :)

The cabin was an abandoned one room school house that my great grandfather tore down and erected on the lake as his hunting shack almost 80 years ago....so it isn`t much to look at. Heck, we only got running water, telephone and electricity in the last ten years. It still has no indoor plumbing...lol

Never the less, we dearly love our camp.

I spent nearly every summer of my childhood here. I am thankfull to have such a legacy to share in turn with my children.

Superior IS beautifull, the white sand beaches, the clean air, the pounding of the surf without the trash and tourists....sigh

Abi, that was the hurricane river that we stopped at. Ausabo lake and falls is further towards grand maraise.

It was sure fun to share some of our child hood memories together.

Georgous! I had no idea it was so pretty up there! I'm a west coaster who has never seen any of the Great Lakes. I used to think there is no way a lake could look like an ocean. I never saw picture until now. Very nice!

The last time I saw an ocean, it reminded me of Lake Superior --

without all the great rock formations on the shore. :)

Edited by dmiller

Great pics... I swam in Lake Ontario on numerous occasions in my childhood (lived in Rochester NY) and have been to the shores of Lakes Erie and Michigan... I'd love to check out Lakes Superior and Huron...

Where are the pics with Abi in them?

Great pics... I swam in Lake Ontario on numerous occasions in my childhood (lived in Rochester NY) and have been to the shores of Lakes Erie and Michigan... I'd love to check out Lakes Superior and Huron...

Where are the pics with Abi in them?

She musta been holding the camera. ;)

Edited by dmiller

Beautiful! Wonderful to put the faces to the names! Lovely to finally see Rascals face and Sushi's as well. :wave: But I gotta ask...didn't Rascal hold the camera even once? That's pretty sneeky Abi.

The pics also bring back fond memories from my childhood. My entire family is from Michigan I'm the only West Coast baby. But I've been in all of the lakes (even if it was only my feet in Superior) but they are beautiful!

That particuular lake is Superior. Somewhere else in the gallery I have pictures of Lakes Michigan and Huron as well.

The water looks superior than in eeerie! Nice pix! Toronto & Ontario can be just a little dangereux!