GreaseSpot Cafe

new leader at wayland?

Georgio Jessio

Perhaps there's a balance here...

IF someone at Wayland would see that they keep trying to do the same thing over and over again, all the while expecting different results....Perhaps then there might be room for change.

Let me put that differently - not so much room for change as it would be an exchange. In other words, I still see a need to scrap some of the foundation, raze it to the ground, than go back to the beginning - start a new beginning.

I truly wonder if there are those men and women there that can take an honest look at the past 50 years or so and see the wrong turns, without pointing fingers and blaming an individual.

Maybe that is one of the values of looking at how each king in the OT made his mark - for good or evil.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one, appreciate Socks' sentiment...time and time again, Socks has graced us with his tempered views and heart towards those who have fallen into the "Way warp"...afterall, he once made a joyful noise that many of us were thrilled by...and he continues to do so today... :) ...and here at the GreaseSpot, it's a tough crowd to play to...

Thanks...

Make it two.

If they really want to get out of their slump(cough) they're going to have to make some "Real" changes. In order to do that they need to listen to what the people are saying and what they want in/from their organization. Suprisingly though, this is not a new concept, they tried something similar with a "tighter" version of a survey a few years back after the dust settled from Cra!g. Unfortunately it's been so long ago and very scripted that I just filled out what they wanted and dont even remember the questions they asked. It didnt go over to well because the survey was too shallow and although it was anonymous they were handed in to the TC or the BC(which meant they weren't really anonymous)

Again, although I don't think I would ever go back to them again, I do like Sock's questions and to take it one step further, they need to add a pre-sort return envelope to HQ with the survey to make people feel comfortable that there comments are truely anonymous which would finally get "some" honest opinions and answers. Of course, there will always be those that say what they think they want to here.

I doubt they will do this, but maybe....

Anyway, back on topic, I've been picturing this whole thing in my head and I can just imagine B. Jr being rushed to HQ, placed in a dark room on a wooden chair with a floodlight glaring in his face. The BOD and the cabinet members all around him taking turns, lovingly asking him about his involvement in what apparently is a mutinous take over of the ministry that Dr VPW started at the top of their lungs.

So much for a good (well, atleast, a different) thing

All good things must come to an end.....before they get started.... at The Way!

Edited by JustSayNO

Thanks Groucho. To quote an old friend, Tim B-----p - "this isn't anything, and I'm nobody". :)

but the pyramid of plethoric plagerism and propaganda [ie....cultville]will NOT allow it.

True, skyrider. The Way has painted itself into a very tight corner.

Let me put that differently - not so much room for change as it would be an exchange. In other words, I still see a need to scrap some of the foundation, raze it to the ground, than go back to the beginning - start a new beginning.

I truly wonder if there are those men and women there that can take an honest look at the past 50 years or so and see the wrong turns, without pointing fingers and blaming an individual.

I don't know but it doesn't seem so. They need more than a new "leader". Leaders are their problem, so far.

I never knew that JustSayNo. So they did something like that at one time? Interesting.

Communication is what I'm thinking. Feedback, two-way communnication. Feedback comes in - discussion is generated, clarification. Goes back out again.

A survey is just one piece that would start back and forth communication and not just go away never to be heard about again.

This could actually be part of one of their themes, for an entire year. Instead of some lame theme like "Prevail Or Get Hosed", or whatever it could be something meaningful. I get the impression they toss a theme out, plan a year's teachings around it, do some writing about it and that's it. Everybody gets an Attaboy. Good job! But who really gives a crap?

But to your comments Dooj, no, to be honest I don't expect much.

Kinda like "we're getting the band back together"

In just a few seconds I saw a complete parody of "The Blues Brothers".

Joe Coulter drives VPW's old Olds Electra 88 to Toledo to get LCM. LCM says "Where's the motorcoach?", Joe replies "I traded it for a television camera".

The two of them make a wild trip around the country trying to get Vince, Bo and Walter to "join the band". Ted plays the part of Cab Calaway. Donna plays Twiggy and keeps trying to kill LCM, Rosie plays the Nazis trying to kill both of them.

They make up posters anouncing ROA 08, etc, etc, etc.

You get the picture. I have to go do my laundry.

I never knew that JustSayNo. So they did something like that at one time? Interesting.

Trust me from what I do remember it was nothing as open as what you suggest doing and definately not interesting for sure, but they did ask some pointed questions. The only one I kinda remember was one asking if we agreed with the need for Craig's removal/resignation. Dont remember exact wording but that was the gist of it. Now since I was on the field I cant verify that this came from HQ but that was how it was presented, That the BoD wanted to measure the pulse of the ministry regarding Craig and the changes that followed.

Survey results: no heartbeat found, logical answer must be that it's dead.

Beam me up Scottie, there's no spiritual life down here.

Socks, are you really being serious or pulling our legs? Do you really believe that TWI wants that type of aggravation and self-destruction of "God's wonderful Family and Ministry"? What have you been taking, drug-wise(I want some of what you are smoking)

Never let it be said that I, socks, would withhold any of the "good stuff" from anyone. I am currently weening myself through GPC Ultra Lights, a smooth blend of Premium Tobacco provided by our friends at the R. J. Reynolds company. They're slightly less noxious than oh, say a Merit Ultra Light, and much less than a Tareyton (tastes good, like a ciggie should!)

I am moderately serious though in the presentation of the idea, if not in expecting any results from it. It's something to do, while hooking up my 'Boro Country Hookah, received when I sent in 500 empty boxes of Marlboro Lights. I got kinda winded opening the box it came in but you can imagine my excitement when I attached my first 'Moke to it and watched the fumes circulate through the water for the first time. Incredible intake on this baby, one pull does a Regular size cig *like that*. The only problem with the system is the water turns dark brown every 3 'Mokes and has to be changed out a lot. Makes a great paint stripper though, so I'm really getting two systems in one.

Other than that this Temple accepts nothing less than materials approved by the FDA and in compliance with all applicable laws governing food, food product, animal parts and products and whatever hazardous waste levels that may apply to same.

Edited by socks

I haven't read much of this thread but without action I'm sorry but I keep it in the rumor file

Well, it's stronger than a rumor and less than true. Like I said, these guys are angling for this to happen. They are putting their own wheels in motion. There is nothing factual about the outcome intended until it happens or doesn't.

I know you don't know me so it's cool with me if you file it as rumor. But it's not out of the blue, I'm not making it up. The way I see it, things are perculating towards a shake up.

"It seems weird that these guys called you GJ. They should have KNOWN you would put it on here."

I don't think they know that GJ is ME. Almost no one knows who I am.

But I lead these guys at one time. They paid me great respect as a leader until I admitted I was a pathetic foot kisser and moved on with real life.

So, yes, it's strange but not because of gsc.com. It's strange becauseI have been on the black list for 2 decades. Suddenly I'm not posessed? Glowry!

Trust me from what I do remember it was nothing as open as what you suggest doing and definately not interesting for sure, but they did ask some pointed questions. The only one I kinda remember was one asking if we agreed with the need for Craig's removal/resignation. Dont remember exact wording but that was the gist of it. Now since I was on the field I cant verify that this came from HQ but that was how it was presented, That the BoD wanted to measure the pulse of the ministry regarding Craig and the changes that followed.

Sounds like a disguised "loyalty" letter......confirming that one agreed with the trustees' decisions made and a new sheriff was in town.

And yeah......if handled thru the twigs/branches, this is FAR from anonymous feedback.

Well, it's stronger than a rumor and less than true. Like I said, these guys are angling for this to happen. They are putting their own wheels in motion. There is nothing factual about the outcome intended until it happens or doesn't.

I know you don't know me so it's cool with me if you file it as rumor. But it's not out of the blue, I'm not making it up. The way I see it, things are perculating towards a shake up.

"It seems weird that these guys called you GJ. They should have KNOWN you would put it on here."

I don't think they know that GJ is ME. Almost no one knows who I am.

But I lead these guys at one time. They paid me great respect as a leader until I admitted I was a pathetic foot kisser and moved on with real life.

So, yes, it's strange but not because of gsc.com. It's strange becauseI have been on the black list for 2 decades. Suddenly I'm not posessed? Glowry!

What's this some kind of word filter? I said a word that was not foot. haha how's butt kisser? brown noser?

Although the idea of twi seeking feedback from it's followers is not novel in the world of corporate enterprises, it certainly would be for twi...their history is one of pontifications and decrees. It seems that the very nature of this beast is for the leaders to have all the answers and the followers to be seeking these answers. This, in part, is what makes it a cult.

There is no reform for twi...if you were to eliminate all that was wrong with it, you would have nothing left. Supposedly, this group defines itself as the "household of God"...where then is the Lord's council?...Surely if the Lord were involved, there would be some measurable indication of that...instead of one failure after the other.

The solution for many was simply to disassociate themselves with twi...perhaps the ultimate answer for this outfit is to disassociate themselves with themselves...disband, liquidate, go their seperate ways, dissolve their corporate existance...and each person could then find their own way to "sweet fellowship"...

I think it's beyond repair and restoration is a misnomer...there is nothing to restore itself to...it has always been a counterfeit Christian organization...the sincere Christians that belonged discovered that they needed to leave...those sincere Christians who remain are walking a treadmill of dispair with no remedy in sight.

When people lie in God's name, people get hurt and the end results are ugly...

..it has always been a counterfeit Christian organization...the sincere Christians that belonged discovered that they needed to leave...those sincere Christians who remain are walking a treadmill of dispair with no remedy in sight.

When people lie in God's name, people get hurt and the end results are ugly...

Well said Groucho, I might add that it is in leaving and fellowshiping with genuine christians that one discovers how lacking twi is...

There is no substituting for the genuine.

IF - what they've been doing the last 30 years or so has been so right, why has everything they've done gone so wrong?

I'm kind of thinking that this little tidbit should be put on a banner on the home page...

...I'm also thinking that perhaps it should replace "about the way" as the title of this forum!

...or at least our brother from the sock drawer should get a coupon good for a dozen eggs, a quart of milk and a carton of Winstons...

Once, when I sat down to eat my lunch,

I closed my eyes and said," Father, thank you for blessing this tuna fish sandwich and removing all the impurities--- In Christ's name, amen."

When I opened my eyes, the plate was empty.

There's an analogy in there someplace.

Maybe it's hiding behind the pickle slice and 'tater chips.

why do they want to keep their jobs ? do they get paid a lot ?

or should i say "move up" ?

is it really that good for them, georgio

Well Brian went to college so he might actually have a career outside of TWI. (he was always the exception, went to private school while we went to public school in Rome City) But a lot of these guys went the high school/Junior Corps to WOW to Way Corps route. In fact when I left one of the reasons was the pressure I was getting to go WOW and then go in residence rather than go to college. So a lot of these guys, including Brian to a know nothing else. We were Way babies being groomed to become clergy. Thank God I left and found my own path. But my old pals have nothing else and that is what is motivating them to try this take over. It's a career move, it has nothing to do with God or what's right. They remember what it was like when TWI was actually profitable. We all had houses, Chevy Citations, girls and status. Just like Jesus wink*wink.

So to answer your question, they are trying to improve business for their own gain out of a lack of having any other game plan for life.

In fact when I left one of the reasons was the pressure I was getting to go WOW and then go in residence rather than go to college. So a lot of these guys, including Brian to a know nothing else. We were Way babies being groomed to become clergy. Thank God I left and found my own path. But my old pals have nothing else and that is what is motivating them to try this take over.

Perhaps there is a lesson in reverse psychology here. Hound your kids to go into the corps and they may actually rebell and decide to go to college instead! :biglaugh:

JustSayNo mentioned something about a survey after the Craig incident. it wasn't a ministry wide thing--I double checked with my spouse and we never saw or filled out one like that. Only one we ever saw asked about putting STS of a different format.

I remember those days when all young people who had potential were "encouraged"/expected to do WOW and Way Corps. I fell for it myself--never finished the college thing because I wasn't doing enough for God.

Perhaps there is a lesson in reverse psychology here. Hound your kids to go into the corps and they may actually rebell and decide to go to college instead! :biglaugh:

If only it were that simple. Brian was the exception to all rules. He was allowed to go to college while I was expected to go wow/corps. He went in residence years after his peers.

We drank water, he had Dr. Pepper.

We had smelts, he had steak.

We had apple sauce, he had chocolate cake.

The goal of every teen was to become friends with Brip Moneyhands. He was a meal ticket. How very Christian.

Come to think of it, many colleges have free or reduced admission for the children of employees. Makes me wonder if Brip had to ever get spiritual partners or not.