GreaseSpot Cafe

No regrets

Imagine

I have NO REGRETS regarding the time spent in learning about and knowing God.

Every hour you spent reading the Bible was not wasted.

You gained every time you studied the topics of scripture.

Every word study you did will have long term profit for you.

All the time and effort and investment into God's Word are the precious treasures you will have FOREVER!

*Shrug* We were taught a lot of 'truth' concerning obeying of leadership, keeping silent, not speaking a negative lest the ministry be blamed, reproof, correction, changing yourself on some one's whim(oops, I mean renewed mind)not being a conduit of the adversary...all tied up in tidy Bible teachings.

All those hours of studying TWi doctrine in the bible ...what good did they do? Plus all the 'you'll be outside of the Hedge of Protection' teachings if you balked at the other stuff.

"All the time and effort and investment into God's Word are the precious treasures you will have FOREVER!"

I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but keep in mind some things when you say sentences like the above. For instance, what you're referring to when you say "God's Word." You might want to check out information about fundamentalism, inerrancy, the canon, other documents not included in the canon, dispensationalism, translation of scripture, etc. the list goes on an on. It ain't as simple as you might think; certainly not as simple as The Way made it look...

the word never returns void .

But, it was not taught truthfully in TWI,so.........................lots of rewinding and lots of wasted time,i don't regret

searching for answers, i do regret the obstacle course twi tooks us all through,and the people it damaged and the

hurt it caused people that were looking for TRUTH

I regret it all, lock, stock and barrel. What a waste of one's life enery.

All the time, effort, and resources poured into a debased, empty and unethical organization, how could it be anything but a really unfortunate and misguided attempt at accomplishing the impossible.

Next time I think I'll try to curry favor with Zeus or maybe Spiderman. At least they're a lot snappier dressers...

C'mon George, tell us how you really feel... :biglaugh:

...I tend to agree. I regret the whole flippin' time I wasted with that money making cult. but, but Groucho...what about the werd you learned?...oh, you mean the werd that had me giving a con man 15% on my money and pimping more suckers into the fold?...Yeah, I regret that too...

A waste of time...all of it.

"All the time and effort and investment into God's Word are the precious treasures you will have FOREVER!"

I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but keep in mind some things when you say sentences like the above. For instance, what you're referring to when you say "God's Word." You might want to check out information about fundamentalism, inerrancy, the canon, other documents not included in the canon, dispensationalism, translation of scripture, etc. the list goes on an on. It ain't as simple as you might think; certainly not as simple as The Way made it look...

Thanks penworks............ :eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Do I believe the Bible? Yes.

Do I regret spending time learning about it? No.

Do I appreciate some of the time I spent in twi, in that I believe I learned about it at that place and time? Yes.

Do I wish I could have learned the same stuff from someone without an agenda to advance

personal lusts, like, say, BG Leonard or Peter Wade, or the House of Acts?

HELL YEAH.

The time I spent learning the slang words for body parts, the time others spent listening to vpw

go into how important his family was, those were wastes of time.

And the times I heard vpw state the HALF-TRUTH (LIE) that meant you could

"do as you fool-well please" were times I was set up for doctrines that later would have been

introduced that opposed Scripture directly- like "God's ok with adultery" and so on.

This really isn't that difficult to understand.

a waste of time and money

i am greatful for learning about the bible but now i think most of what i learned was{is

bunk

believing = reciveing yeah right

sit yeah right

the word like it's never been know befor yeah right

4 crucified who knows and what does it matter?

pure bunk from twi imo

Where's Hammy when you need him.

I don't think I can make a blanket statement like "no regrets". Just my opinion.

To me it wasn't just the word that was taught.

There were "hooks" and "strings" attached to everything twi taught and promoted.

Time, money, and commitment were demanded of you. It wasn't just a request.

Guilt, fear, intimidation were tools used to motivate us to do things their way.

I am thankful for the Word I learned but in twi there was and is a steep price to pay. Too steep.

Edited by polar bear

Next time I think I'll try to curry favor with Zeus or maybe Spiderman. At least they're a lot snappier dressers...

George, you very well may have that "opportunity"

:biglaugh:

Somebody, actually a dear friend asked me "what would you do if you found that everything you believed to be wrong?"

It was just a step along the way.. in my case it may have not been fraught with some of the hazards that others were exposed to..

if another were to examine my life, they might not agree..

it seems every step has been a step of deception..

at least I'm aware of it.

The quest is worth the cost.

I have looked for God in the harshness of catechism and church doctrines and have seen glimpses of Him.

I have looked for God in the greasy grace of the prosperity gospel and have seen glimpses of Him.

I have searched for God in many places and at many times.

When I have learned to drink from the crystal refreshing water flowing from the Rock, instead of the muddy pools of man's opinion, I am satisfied.

When I experience intimacy with the King, instead of fellowshipping with religious paupers, I find fulfillment.

When I hear the true clear voice of The Lover, I know I am His child. I don't need to belong elsewhere.

I have experienced pain at such levels that I didn't even know if I could endure.

All I am saying is that all the effort and time and energy invested in the search for God has been worth the cost for me.

Mostly a waste ... if there were positives, they were conteracted by bad habits/attitudes that needed to be overcome later. And since that was our 20's, for most of us ... it is easy to think of about a hundred other more worthwhile pursuits that would have built a better future. But then, lotsa people waste their youth.. TWI was moderately better than being addicted to heroin for ten years ... I suppose ... :spy:

Of course I guess I could have done both .... Some did smoke and drink their way through twi, they called them leadership ... :biglaugh:

But I sure hope George doesn't dress up like Spiderman to go to work ... though I have heard the other George has a Green Lantern costume ... oh well, why not? Didn't lcm dress like a super hero in AOS? :blink:

retired.jpg

Imagine, I ditto your post. It was a great entree to learn about God via the Bible. I met many great people and experienced many wonderful moments. If you were looking for truth in the scriptures, it was there. If you were looking for truth in people or organizations, you would find disappointment. For me, it was a one-in-a-lifetime journey.

You can never be a wet blanket. However, those are big ten dollar words largely labeled by people who do not believe the Bible is authored by God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Bless you! :dance: