GreaseSpot Cafe

Should they make a movie about TWI?

fooledagainII

Yes. It could be a good thing with the right people advising the director/producer.

Maybe only take it through 1989.

Then, do one of those scrolls telling what became of the ministry afterwards...

I'm not, personally, interested in seeing what LCM became....

But, for those who were involved in the 90s, I can understand how you would.

Flawless - stop at 1989 and end as follows:

Last of the movie footage fades at 1989…

Narrator’s voice comes on in a monologue – no background text.

In later years The Way continued its spiritual decline coupled with increasing moral depravity [insert picture of the bus].

With the change in senior leadership the environment only got worse. Oaths of loyalty [insert picture of Hitler Nazi youth group]. Mass purges [insert picture of Jews being loaded onto cattle cars during World War II]. As the organization continued to decay many of the top leadership fled the failing organization [insert picture of Nazi in Brazil] but continued in their firm belief in the core Nazi doctrines.

The final blow never came to be and the core of spiritual and moral depravity continues today in splinter groups [insert picture of modern day neo-Nazi].

Credits roll.

Yes. It could be a good thing with the right people advising the director/producer.

Maybe only take it through 1989.

Then, do one of those scrolls telling what became of the ministry afterwards...

I'm not, personally, interested in seeing what LCM became....

But, for those who were involved in the 90s, I can understand how you would.

With all the elements of TWI, power, sex, cover-up, mystery, music, etc.

What do you think about a movie about TWI? Would you have play the parts?

My pick for LCM would be Woody Harrison.

How about Clancy Brown as LCM?

BJustin2.jpg

Just thinkin'

Seth

Flawless - stop at 1989 and end as follows:

Last of the movie footage fades at 1989…

Narrator’s voice comes on in a monologue – no background text.

In later years The Way continued its spiritual decline coupled with increasing moral depravity [insert picture of the bus].

With the change in senior leadership the environment only got worse. Oaths of loyalty [insert picture of Hitler Nazi youth group]. Mass purges [insert picture of Jews being loaded onto cattle cars during World War II]. As the organization continued to decay many of the top leadership fled the failing organization [insert picture of Nazi in Brazil] but continued in their firm belief in the core Nazi doctrines.

The final blow never came to be and the core of spiritual and moral depravity continues today in splinter groups [insert picture of modern day neo-Nazi].

Credits roll.

Yeah-ee-iiiii.....UH-HUH! I can see the picket lines forming already from the Holocaust Museum's BOD and every synagogue from here to Israel.....

Yeah-ee-iiiii.....UH-HUH! I can see the picket lines forming already from the Holocaust Museum's BOD and every synagogue from here to Israel.....

Naw we're covered politically - my mom was one of the original BOD of The Museum...

Can I get a coach with that burger and fries please?

Yes...we have covered this before but it's worth repeating...

...I have given this great thought and if it's to be done properly, it should be done by the Coen brothers...their dark comedy would be perfect.

I agree with Anthony Hopkins as VP Wierwille...Steve Buscemi should play Howard Allen, Col. Sanders as Uncle Harry, John Turturro as Don Wierwille, and Jeff Bridges as LCM...

...You could throw in Kathy Bates as Rosie...and maybe Ron Pompeil as Lynn...

Yes...we have covered this before but it's worth repeating...

...I have given this great thought and if it's to be done properly, it should be done by the Coen brothers...their dark comedy would be perfect.

I agree with Anthony Hopkins as VP Wierwille...Steve Buscemi should play Howard Allen, Col. Sanders as Uncle Harry, John Turturro as Don Wierwille, and Jeff Bridges as LCM...

...You could throw in Kathy Bates as Rosie...and maybe Ron Pompeil as Lynn...

Nancy Regan could play Donna Martindale in her older years...same viciousness...sorry was I not supposed to spell names out here?

I'm thinking of TWI in a more comedic setting, to match VP's true research capabilities. Too late now ... but maybe Rodney Dangerfield as vpw. He drinks and womanizes ... and here he is with his comic book degree.

back_to_school.jpg

of course Rodney was always happy it seemed ... but twi was was a joke. But yeah, a dark comedy would be more fitting, still, why relive that?

I agree that Anthony Hopkins is a natural for the starring role of VPW.

But I think somebody even more mental needs to play Geer. Maybe Gary Busey?

And LCM? Hmmm, I think THAT"S the Christopher Walken role.

I think John Turturro seems a natural for the role of Don too.

And Kathy Bates as Rosie again seems a natural and maybe Kathleen Turner as Donna.

I think any mildly talented character actor could do Howard and the rest of the clan, as they're so

non-descript anyway.

And then all that's needed is a whole flock of supporting actors that can play a good "azs-kissing, lacky suckup"

(we'll need a LOT of those)

For prospective producers toying with this USA-channel made-for-TV movie, to be most likely filmed in New Zealand -

let me volunteer my services for composing the soundtrack, which will be a mix of motifs from "Sing Along the Way"

blended with the dissonant genre of "Creature of the Black Lagoon", underscored by the ethereal ambiance of a

theremin and gong (with tinkling bells punctuating the June blizzard in the dental office).

I vote Richard Simmons to play 1980s LCM.