GreaseSpot Cafe

Ministry theme 2009-10

Twinky

Well, I'm just saying they're happy . . . it's hard to deny.

They are performing(loosely termed). . . . they are not going to be spitting on the crowd. . . . besides, we all had that same glazed over look. I didn't have a real honest emotion for years.

. . .it is called suppression.

Well, I'm just saying they're happy . . . it's hard to deny.

Actually there's a pretty high level of denial about one's true feelings in TWI. I can guarantee you that my [open] feelings of unhappiness while I was in TWI were definitely in the minority. But there was a LOT of talk about renewing the mind, which speaks to what TWI believes what one's general attitude should be despite an ultra-critical boundary-less environment. Many who have come here were kicked out and weren't unhappy with TWI's teaching. What they did feel was a general feeling of being demoralized, which until they stepped back and took a critical look at the teachings, was not connected with the teaching.

Wrong teaching wasn't/isn't TWI's only problem. The generalized decay of critical thinking lead to a dependence on an organization which has nothing concrete to offer that isn't freely available elsewhere, while sucking the life out of a person with its insidious legalism, is a big problem. IMO, TWI and every splinter is wrong headed about what a follower of Christ should be thinking and doing, and it starts with this idea of all these little esoteric "truths" that supposedly set the "true" believers apart, but actually do little more than create pride-fullness.

As you have undoubtedly discovered, there are a lot of "deal breakers" within the organization and all the splinters, mostly revolving around someone's lack of "like-mindedness" with the organization. I had to ask myself if I really wanted to put my time and money around that kind of thinking and the answer was ultimately no.

GSC is made up of a very lively and diverse group of people. Pull up a chair and take part in the conversations.

[a rewrite]

Edited by Tzaia

Frankly, I think he's serious.

He COULD be joking, but I'm thinking he means what he's typing.

The main surprise is that he feels permitted to move freely on the internet and even

communicate with us. twi and its offshoots made us forbidden- "monsters dwell there".

He's still welcome to participate in discussion with us no matter what his opinions. He

certainly hasn't been rude or abusive. Disagreeing politely is fine-strange, but fine.

• Upvote 1

My first post in the "New Members" section included me saying that I was thankful for PFAL and Wierwille. It took a few folks who shared their experiences in TWI with me before I could even start to see what TWI was.

And it did not take long before my splinter group experience and the conclusions that I saw for myself about the splinter group aided me in seeing that contrary to what I believed before GSC, TWI was rotten and it's rottenness was a direct cause of my former splinters rottenness.

But in my splinter it was common to speak highly of Geer and to speak badly of TWI proper and by implication it's current president Rosie. So I have enjoyed this thread because I never even saw a picture of her before I came to GSC and this thread has been informative if nothing else.

But I do believe that in whatever particular manner our splinter groups and former splinter groups tie the loyalties of their followers into TWI (No matter which self-promoting former TWI leader we have been taught to honor) that there must need to be deception of some kind behind them in order to maintain our loyalties to TWI. And it is interesting to note that most of these splinter leaders and of course TWI's current pres. only seek loyalties to them and must need to disparage and discredit the other group leaders. So if you chose to be loyal to a splinter IMO whether you know it or not you have only succeeded in picking your own poison.

Just one more thing, everything that I have seen from Bishop so far has been cool. He's stated how he feels and his TWI perceptions, as I did not so very long ago. And I agree with Wordwolf that he has not been offensive or abusive one little bit. From what I can see his level headed approach to everything on this site so far is something that I can respect and I only wish him the best.

• Upvote 1

I'm afraid I have to agree with the posts that point out that RR supplied girls to be used. I read the transcripts, she did indeed admit to knowledge of lcm's activities. she was a participant in supplying the MOG with young sex partners. she is NOT a good person. she hasn't set out to heal people. her purpose in life is to preserve her lifestyle.

Alright mr. evidence. How about this sample video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VPcPCwK_G0

These guys look happy as larks . . . no abuse there.

Obviously there has been a lot of healing under her leadership . . .

the video shows exactly the same type of performances that were put on under lcm's leadership. the people who go on stage are drilled to perform like that. the clothes and dance moves haven't changed, the lyrics are reruns, and the facial expressions are a requirement per twi doctrine.

Something that usually annoyed me about "ministry" themes was that everything had to be jammed into them. If the theme was "Living Sanctified" no matter what you were teaching about had to have the word "sanctified" in there somewhere.

You still heard the same insipid teachings every year, they just used different terminology:

Sanctified in Outreach

Living Abundantly in Outreach

God's Sufficiency in Outreach

Prevailing in Outreach

Outreach: The Way of Holiness

Ambassadors for Christ in Outreach

ad nauseum...

All the same teaching.

Then of course the important sounding "research" into Greek words that accompanied each new theme with Way Corps who could barely speak proper English lecturing us on Greek words.

Amen! Amen! Amen! Amen! Amen! Amen! Amen! Amen! Thank you. This is, of course, much easier than actually thinking.

JT

No, Groucho, but you can take things the wrong way if you wish. It's your right (or wrong).

I think we can be likeminded that whatever TWI is preaching about it...is probably wrong. And that we would both like to rescue anyone still "in."

If you want to debate anything else raised in your post - see you in Doctrinal. :wave:

What did I take wrong?...I QUOTED YOU!...Your statement implied that we are all in agreement that "God is our sufficiency"...did I misunderstand you?...

All I am saying is...DON"T SPEAK FOR ME!...If you want to adhere to some arcane superstition, that's your business...maybe it gives you some comfort...but as for me, I'd rather be honest...imagine that.

By honesty, I assume you mean what is reasoned to be true based on science (since you're a naturalist and all). If you follow that path though, nihilism is the logical destination. Intuition tells us that there is truth beyond what is obvious, that there is meaning beyond just survival . . . . . . Most people take the intuitive path and I commend them for their optimism.

Edited by Bishop

while we insist on talking everything "rosie"..I still have't seen *ms?* riven barkey's pimpish and organizational ladder climbing tendencies addressed here..

I dunno.. what more do people need? Does she need to show up for a sunday night service dressed in a red suit, wearing horns before people finally decide to flee?

:biglaugh:

I still want to know why someone thinks Rivenbark is "healing hearts".

We were told to believe that about a decade ago.

Did someone come to the conclusion that Rosie actually has "good" intentions and is actually helping people? Or are they another pawn?

Pawns are easily sacrificed, cause you usually have more of them.

I still want to know why someone thinks Rivenbark is "healing hearts".

We were told to believe that about a decade ago.

Did someone come to the conclusion that Rosie actually has "good" intentions and is actually helping people? Or are they another pawn?

Pawns are easily sacrificed, cause you usually have more of them.

Well, I think the way took a turn for the better after she took charge. However, I wasn't actually "in" when she did, so I don't have that much support for my position. I'll just leave it there.

By honesty, I assume you mean what is reasoned to be true based on science (since you're a naturalist and all). If you follow that path though, nihilism is the logical destination. Intuition tells us that there is truth beyond what is obvious, that there is meaning beyond just survival . . . . . . Most people take the intuitive path and I commend them for their optimism.

Intuition = superstition

Analysis shows that there are things beyond the obvious.

Nihilism is a belief system in its own right. To claim that being analytical (based on science) logically leads to nihilism makes about as much sense as saying that all people who eat carrots die so therefore carrots are deadly.

The superstition of The Fake International did, and continues to bo, far more damage than any analytical approach toward life short of embracing a nazi way of thinking...come to think of it...

Edited by RumRunner

Well, I think the way took a turn for the better after she took charge. However, I wasn't actually "in" when she did, so I don't have that much support for my position. I'll just leave it there.

I don't think that anything really changed.

Edited by Bolshevik

Well, I think the way took a turn for the better after she took charge

did you consider another possibility? As in.. things *perhaps* got a little better after the loyster was gently put out on the curb?

:biglaugh:

No loy, no manogawdish "need" for a constant stream of women procured by "staff" and all..

the rest of the *men* shaking in their boots..

did you ever ask ms(?) rivenbark why it took a LAWSUIT naming her as a defendant, before running loy out of town, so to speak?