GreaseSpot Cafe

Ten Years of Rivenbark

skyrider

Some states have NO twi presence, NO limb coordinators.

When I left in 2001 there were ten states without Limb Coordinators, most, if not all, of those ten had but one fellowship per state. No reason to believe it's not more now.

Even in my own adopted state of Nebraska, in the early 80's there were large branches in Omaha and Lincoln, as well as twigs in Grand Island, Kearney, Beatrice, Columbus, Fremont, Bellevue, Blair, North Platte and WOW families in Sidney, Scotts Bluff, and McCook.

In 1990 there were small branches in Lincoln and Omaha

In 1995 there were branches of 2 twigs each in Lincoln and in Omaha.

In 1997 the Omaha people were encouraged to move elsewhere since there would be no twig there, the Lincoln twigs merged into one. All Way Corps were reassigned and Lincoln was classified as an "outlying fellowship" in the Kansas City branch of the Limb of Missouri.

Don't know if there is any WAy presence in Nebraska now.

Of course, at that point, twi even kicked Mrs Wierwille off-grounds, so I'm sure Rosa-lie

has had a few nights to dwell on her own future.....

wouldn't surprise me if they dropped her off at some farm in Smith County Mississippi..

:biglaugh:

Yep. The "elders" of "the church" would surely want to take care of the poor darling..

where's the loooove...

hey, she has a "ministry" and all.. you numbnuts owe her that much..

she could chop firewood and clear stumps as well(???) as anyone else..

I know. I'm bad tonight..

Living at twi headquarters must be like a 21st century version of MacBeth...

...I can see Donna screaming at night as she tries to wash the blood off of her hands. Rupp sitting alone at night in his room, imagining himself as the great one...

I still think that the Coen brothers should do a film about twi...

The people who work there - - they have to be there at a certain time in the morning....and can't leave before a certain time in the afternoon/evening. What do they do with there time there.

You may say - - answer phones.....who calls????

Write a magazine......is Feb's really that different from Jan?

I would think it would be the worst job in the world being bored to death during your work day while living on a need basis so you could go bowling maybe once every 2 months.

I guess they need a certain number to keep up housekeeping and grounds keeping. [and we all know what Mr. Linder does.]

But what else is there? Maybe they just sit at their desks and read ebooks....and use the boss key (alt-tab) when somebody comes around.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The people who work there - - they have to be there at a certain time in the morning....and can't leave before a certain time in the afternoon/evening. What do they do with there time there.

Write a magazine......is Feb's really that different from Jan?

I would think it would be the worst job in the world being bored to death during your work day while living on a need basis so you could go bowling maybe once every 2 months.

I guess they need a certain number to keep up housekeeping and grounds keeping. [and we all know what Mr. Linder does.]

But what else is there? Maybe they just sit at their desks and read ebooks....and use the boss key (alt-tab) when somebody comes around.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yeah.....what do those staffers DO all day?

Okay, the food services staff I understand.....prep, cook, serve, clean.

But the purchasing dept?......same routine purchases. That takes all of five minutes.

The bookstore area.......all based on growth, outreach and that is pathetically slow.

Shipping/Receiving.......what's to ship? what's being received besides sysco food supplies?

Printing staff...........again, this work hinges on growth, outreach, syllabi, etc.

Way Builders?..........maintenance and repair, sure. But what is being built?

Transportation?........no need for that 18-wheeler. No major limbs to move, no shuffling of staff.

Auditorium?.........hardly use the balcony. Can turn the heat way down all week long.

Research Dept?......nope, nada, zilch.

Maybe they have nap time after lunch meal?

<_<

Yeah.....what do those staffers DO all day?

Okay, the food services staff I understand.....prep, cook, serve, clean.

But the purchasing dept?......same routine purchases. That takes all of five minutes.

The bookstore area.......all based on growth, outreach and that is pathetically slow.

Shipping/Receiving.......what's to ship? what's being received besides sysco food supplies?

Printing staff...........again, this work hinges on growth, outreach, syllabi, etc.

Way Builders?..........maintenance and repair, sure. But what is being built?

Transportation?........no need for that 18-wheeler. No major limbs to move, no shuffling of staff.

Auditorium?.........hardly use the balcony. Can turn the heat way down all week long.

Research Dept?......nope, nada, zilch.

Maybe they have nap time after lunch meal?

<_<

You forgot the miraculously manicured lawns and *miraculously* oil-free parking lots..

You forgot the . . . *miraculously* oil-free parking lots..

my chariot was condemned to the leper lot to help said ambiance . . .

then one day the maintainence crew forgot to put the plug on a pan, drove the boom lift all over grounds.

. . . drip . . . drip . . . drip . . .

. . .

. . .

middle-aged angry ex-wayfers crying about how Wierwille would help them and I need to pray for them now.

. . . and to let me know God's watching me.

It was friggin' hilarious. Buncha loosers.

I wonder whether they still have the car wash? After I resigned from research in 1986, I was put on the Multi-services team and washed cars for awhile. I remember one day Rosie and Donna returned from a shopping trip in Dayton (or somewhere nearby) and their car was brought in. It was spotless, I remember, but we had to clean it anyway... I vacuumed out the carpet in the back seat and thought how ironic all this was...cleaning a clean car...what a waste of time and effort...and a waste of the believers ABS.

It was spotless, I remember, but we had to clean it anyway... cleaning a clean car...what a waste of time and effort...and a waste of the believers ABS.

But that was the norm back then... had to find "something" for all the staff and in-rez corps to do all day... I spent a couple of blocks on Dorm Housekeeping duty and it was the same way... we spent the afternoon cleaning the same areas that the morning crew had just cleaned a few hours before. What a bloody waste of time, money, and personnel!!!

I wonder whether they still have the car wash? After I resigned from research in 1986, I was put on the Multi-services team and washed cars for awhile. I remember one day Rosie and Donna returned from a shopping trip in Dayton (or somewhere nearby) and their car was brought in. It was spotless, I remember, but we had to clean it anyway... I vacuumed out the carpet in the back seat and thought how ironic all this was...cleaning a clean car...what a waste of time and effort...and a waste of the believers ABS.

yes they do. The directors have to wash their own cars, but can use the facility. Rosie has her's washed, but I think she pays for it.

Did they ever stop shopping? They must have storage rooms of "stuff" from the Lima and Dayton Malls, and from ones all over the country they stop at during their travels.

When I was on staff at HQ, every weekend, off to the mall went Emogene in her station wagon. I'd be in payroll and the note would come in "I am going shopping, I need $500 please." This was from DM and others. This was back in '83 or so, which would be like $1,000 in today's money. That's all the top "hot dog" ladies ever did - shop and hang out at each other's houses.

They shopped because they were bored - nothing else to do out there in the sticks except ride a motorcycle on a nice day, party, and shop every weekend.

Penworks, that must have sucked, cleaning the great DM's car.

On a serious note, did she have any friends left by that time when you were still there? Or was it by then, her and Rosie against the world? I knew when her BFF MG (used to be M*&cia Fa**k) left HQ, things must be bad.

Edited by Sunesis

Penworks, that must have sucked, cleaning the great DM's car.

Yeah, but it was sort of funny. I had started going back to college anyhow, so the mindless tasks for part of the day were welcome...

who the hell is John Rvpp

when i was on staff, rosie's and donna's car could have used a washing -- well, the inside from their slurpies

this was in '81 or '82 i forget

i wonder if rosie set donna up

was rosalie already planning ? i don't know, except i saw them

in my humble opinion, rosalie is you know what from hell

i had hope for donna.... i really loved her

He is a 17th corps grad......the inresidence corps group that sat with martindale during the cgeer power-grab around 1987. At the time, martindale lauded this corps as instrumental in standing on the word with

their strong allegiance to martindale.

Being groomed for leadership, John was on the inside track of favoritism and access. He and his wife were assigned to oversee the Way Disciple Program in its infantile stages and later became Limb coordinators of Texas and the Region coordinators for surrounding states. Many have said that he quoted martindale's teachings more than the Bible when he taught.

He's a twi sell-out and has set his eyes on the throne. When the mark & avoid doctrine was at its apex, Rvpp was in the thick of it in Texas.

I was in attendance in one of his teachings which was slotted for 45 minutes....and he droned on 1 hour and 15 minutes. He didn't have a clue that he'd over-extended his time by 30 minutes until I pointed it out to him after the meeting. Martindale would have reemed him a new one had Rvpp done that at HQ.

<_<

(snip)

Who's John Rupp?

I don't have a biography of him. Judging from what I know personally and what's

been posted of him, I'd say I know this....

Supposedly, he was in the military at some point before his twi experience.

John Rupp was a relative newcomer who completed his Way Corps commitment in 1989.

As you may remember, he was finishing it on-grounds as lcm demanded an oath of loyalty

to himself personally, and fired or kicked out everyone who gave any other answer than

swearing loyalty to him. Not counting the people who had left over the past few

"fog years", when lcm drew his line in the sand, 80% of the people who were now in

the way international were no longer welcome in the way international. lcm was

thoughtful enough to kick them all out together, so 80% of the local structures and

80% of the rank-and-file were all still in touch with each other. This of course means

that they formed a few groups, and the few largest groups were at least the size of

the twi that remained, if not bigger. (Together they certainly outnumbered it.)

80% of all the competent twi people, if not more, left or were kicked out- since those

that remained had to prove they were more loyal to lcm and twi than to any principle

even if given by God Almighty. (The entire research staff walked, for example.)

With so many competent people gone, this was THE opportunity for the ambitious yet

unskilled (or at least unconnected and inexperienced) to leap to the forefront.

Which they did.

Getting back to John Rupp, that means that as soon as he graduated from the Way Corps,

he was immediately promoted to Corps Coordinator, which means he was now IN CHARGE of

the Way Corps.

He demonstrated loyalty, so he was able to work his way up the ladder- especially as

more people above him were kicked out or left. So, he was able to stay still and

get "promoted" by ATTRITION, not through any demonstrated skills.

I know that the man who read part of the script for their commercial and was

supposedly John Rupp was a stiff caricature of the man Rupp had been years before,

when he was in the Corps. He was now LESS than he had been, and demonstrably so.

But, he talked the party line, he bowed his knee to the image of the way international,

and that was enough to keep a cushy job.

Mind you, early on, he'd made the statement (made it to me PERSONALLY) that

God chose vpw, and that vpw chose lcm by revelation,

so that either lcm was right when he was demanding his oath of loyalty,

or else God was stupid.

(For those wondering, God never chose victor paul wierwille.

victor paul wierwille chose victor paul wierwille.

victor paul wierwille chose l craig martindale- NOT by revelation, but on the

basis of lcm always doing whatever vpw told him to do, and supposedly because

the Corps might follow him since he'd been promoted-prematurely- to Corps

Coordinator previously. Those who were around may remember vpw asking people

to nominate candidates, which is not how you get revelation to select someone.

History has proven that both choices were harmful to people.

lcm was the wrong choice, and God Almighty was neither stupid nor invited to

participate in the process. In fact, the whole thing was just like vpw said

in pfal, where he described people making their own decisions, then afterwards

thanking God for blessing the decisions they'd already made without Him.)

Among those handfuls still connected to twi, someone floated a rumor that Rupp

is "a great people person and a very good teacher of the word."

I suppose comparing him to the others remaining he looks better, but that's a

lot like being the best surfer in Antarctica.

From his position as Corps Coordinator, Rupp was made the assistant to the

Trunk Coordinator, Bill Green, and an observer said he served as Green's "yes man."

He's been observed to operate without conscience and act as directed by the

higher ups, whether that was to lean on WOWs to push the class constantly,

and conceal information from the class candidates and keep them in suspense,

or to kick out Full-Time Corps (during the "all Corps are full time" fiasco)

who were forced to allow a woman and her unruly son to live with them until

they gave up trying and said she had to leave. No discussion, no explanation,

they were kicked out for not keeping their necks in a situation they considered

intolerable.

When Bill Green was fired from the Trunk Coordinator position, Rupp moved up into

that spot from the "Assistant to TC" spot.

When the Board was reshuffled, Rupp was moved to one of the 3 VP spots, and given

the title "Minister of USA Operations." Basically, he is now over the current

Trunk Coordinator, and passes the orders from "the Board" (Rosalie and Donna)

to the TC. In plain English, he's the Trunk Coordinator, and the other guy

(the supposed TC) is his assistant. But they look more important-and more busy-

on paper this way.

Rupp's also taught 2 sessions in their current WAP class, sessions 1 and 2.

2005 gave him the VP office, 2006 was the release of the new class.

There's a rumor going around that Rupp's currently the sole remaining VP,

which puts him within reach of Rosalie and Donna. Yes, technically, Donna's

position-on paper-isn't much- but as Rosalie's confidant, she is de facto

(if not de jure) above Rupp in authority, pull, and say-so.

If Rupp finally thinks he can have what's left after Rosalie's too feeble to

object, he has to figure out what to do about Donna first. Then again, although

he's not very young either, Donna's also working her way up in years.

Maybe there will be a "hunting accident" or some other mishap, and Donna will

suddenly be incapacitated....

Who's John Rupp?

<snip>

Getting back to John Rupp, that means that as soon as he graduated from the Way Corps,

he was immediately promoted to Corps Coordinator, which means he was now IN CHARGE of

the Way Corps.

He demonstrated loyalty, so he was able to work his way up the ladder- especially as

more people above him were kicked out or left. So, he was able to stay still and

get "promoted" by ATTRITION, not through any demonstrated skills.

Back in 1989-92, the three corps coordinators that I remember:

1) S. Strezp3k......Gunnison corps program

2) W. Cl@pp.........Indiana campus program

3) Ed Horn3y........hq corps program

Martindale continued to be the Corps Director.

But, yes......Rupp has waited a long time being mr. yes-man. He's paid his dues as a card-carrying twi loyalist. He's purported the party line like a good soldier for some 25 years. He's helped to "dig the graves of many" and covered the stench of twi. With men like Pl@tig and Greene and M@gnelli out of the running, Rupp has only to abide his time.

Hopefully, he awaits......not wanting to wait ANOTHER ten years.

Edited by skyrider

TWO-CENTS ALERT

I'm very glad that all you folks with more current Way Ministry experience than mine feel free to share!

John Rupp is a spineless yes man. He is a one dimensional puppet with the depth of a shallow mud puddle. He views life with "Rosalie" colored glasses and that is about it. If you have ever had the misfortune to be around him and were not intimidated by him being a big shot you might have noticed it made him very uneasy. Also, if you don't laugh at his stupid foot "pun" based humor that he is constantly trying to win people with he is noticeably uncomfortable.

I had session after session with that man and when I calmly but sternly held my ground and then asked logical questions of his reasoning he would run out of discourse rather quickly and then dismiss the meeting in a "friendly" manner. Without fail he would call another meeting, usually on the spur of the moment, only to attack the subject from another angle and then only to be reasoned into silence again. Can you guess what was happening between the meetings?........You guessed it. He was calling his handler, Rosalie, to get the next line of instructions from her. He is a puppet and nothing more. No doubt when Gepetto, I mean Rosalie can't do the job any more (aka any day now) he no doubt has his eyes on that chair of hers. I could go on with my disdain for that shell of a man but it's really not worth it. Ok, detaching myself from bad memories now....ok, off to enjoy my Saturday. :realmad: