GreaseSpot Cafe

State of the Spot

pawtucket

Jeepers, I just found out. (I don't visit the Open thread much anymore).

As many others have testified, the GSC (and WayDale before it), have been a life changing resource for me. I shudder to think where my mind and life would be today if not for exposure to the information and insights shared here by folks like Rafael, Garth, The Evan, Psudo, Belle, Excathedra, the Invisible Todd, Cman, Steve Lortz, and many others. There will be a big hole in a lot of our lives, but we are much richer for having had this virtual church in which to help and heal each other.

Paw, you have done an incredible work here for the exTWI community. If there's any way I can help you at any time, I am at your service.

God first

My friends Grease Spot Cafe

12-16-2010

Grease Spot Café will close its Web site for forever but do get glad The Way Ministry because ten of thousands to tell the other side of your cult. I am sure Pawtucket will open a web page so the truth can be told and many others will too. One would think this a sad thing but this is only a board closing.

The truth will still be told so what it not on this site anymore but that does not mean it’s the end because only the beginning. We employ the truth in ways one can only imagine it was an open door to truth. Truth is only in the person view we agree and disagree over things because we are only men.

I have been part of my own growth and your’ because we have learn with each other as fools leading fools around in dark world. We have invited people from other cults to find common ground and we have invited gays to find common ground and we have welcome the Atheists to find common ground otherwise we find common ground with all men kind.

Our hearts are more open than before but we still have our own ideals of vain and void, which gets into trouble from time to time. But before the board closes its door for good I want to say I love you everyone no matter whom you are. Thank you with love, and an holy kiss Roy.

What a long strange trip its been - to paraphrase a famous musician.

From Trancechat to Waydale to GS.

I've reconnected with some wonderful people and made friends with some wonderful people along the way.

For me, that's what TWI was really about - the people.

All of you take care of yourselves and enjoy the journey.

I will miss many of you.

There are currently 43 members (as I type this) in a Facebook Group that began last night.

If you are on FaceBook - enter "GSC" in the search box at the top of the page. It should get you there. You will have to request to join as it is a closed group (which means that the posts there - are only shared with other members of that group). If you know someone that posts here, as a "Friend" on FB, and if they are a member already, they can invite you to the group.

Thanks for the tip Gen 2, but there are several facebook listings under "GSC". None of them looks related to the Cafe. Could ya post a link or somethin' ? :-)

Thank you Mr. Tucket (you're not my "Paw".

I have many, many, happy memories from this place.

When I was separated pending divorce slightly over 9 years ago, you people were my lifeline...there are people here who literally (and I use that word literally) helped keep me sane and off the ledge (figurative) - my first Christmas alone was spent with several of you in the chat room.

I have had the privilege to meet about 35 of you face to face...some of you in your homes (thanks for the omelette Sushi!); in a Burger King in New Jersey as Cindy found out she was offered a job in Chicago that would bring her close to Steve; at two of the infamous Weenie Roasts (full name: Southern Comfort Weenie Roasts) as we missed being jailed for consumption of alcohol in a state park due in part to Rascal confessing to everything except the whereabouts of Jimmy Hoffa (and found out that Pawtucket doesn't look like Fabio - another thread maybe); the "!" wedding in Chicago (it's a spiritual ring!); breakfast at Village Inn with Lindyhopper, beers at Duggan's Pub with GS (what do you mean he's in a meeting?); and various other spots across the country in my used-to-be-frequent travels. I've gotten to know many more of you over the phone and through Facebook.

In addition to the people, I believe in what this site has tried to accomplish and have supported it the best that I could.

Some of you know that I've been a moderator here. A couple of you who are good at analyzing writing styles have figured it out. I've suspended a few of you, deleted a few posts and have gotten called a few names! I'm proud to have helped Pawtucket with his vision and proudly wear my Grease Spot Cafe shirts in public.

Thanks Pawtucket for a great run, and thanks to all of you for making it fun and rewarding.

For the next few weeks I've changed my display name to include my real name. It's always been "available" to know it, even in previous incarnations.

I started out as Taoiseach, spent some time as Twyril and finally settled on Oakspear quite a while ago...good bye and good luck everybody!

You don't look into the Cafe for a few days, and look what happens...closes down without you. Hmph....

Without the help here, I'd still be completely wrecked. Finding this place here really gave me my life back. Gave me a sound mind. Gave me space to examine what had happened. Discovered - it wasn't me that was at fault - it was them and their systematic abuse and denigration of anyone with a functioning brain.

I haven't a clue what hard work goes on behind the scenes; I'm just thankful for the support Paw and the mods - and of course all the posters, old and more recent - have provided.

True, there aren't so many new people coming along - but the place is a lifeline for those who find it.

My thought is: will TWI think they've "won" and their steadfast stand on the word (gag) has finally crushed the opposition? :CUSSING:

I don't think so, Twink - I think GreaseSpot Cafe has accomplished it's mission.

And now look how many of us that weren't free to be friends back in the day are now free to do as we please and friend whom we please.

I'd say twi shot themselves in the foot with their little mark and avoid game. They had control over so many of us while in - now that we're out and free, they can't control us. (The dumb butts!)

I probably wouldn't have met my husband, Mathman, if it hadn't been for Waydale. We announced our wedding and later the birth of our first child on that website. Later, after Waydale closed and GreaseSpot Cafe became our haunt, we announced the birth of our second child. We've been married 10 years now, have a 9 year old son, and a 5 year old son. Our family has grown, our attention has been on our boys and we've been here less and less as the years go by.

GSC has served us well as a place to share, connect, and cope.

We sincerely thank you, Pawtucket, for all you've done to keep it going.

We also thank the Mods; knowing it's a thankless job you have, and you are keepers of the peace here.

I'd always said I didn't want to be one of those people who spent more time on GSC than I did in TWI; this is a good time to close this chapter in life and move forward.

Hugs to our fellow posters...

I don't think so, Twink - I think GreaseSpot Cafe has accomplished it's mission.

Hmm...well...as the only person remotely resembling an "outsider" around here. I'd have to say:

First of all this is an amazing site for information about TWI, and it performs an invaluable public service.

It was was this place that revealed to me that TWI was a cult and that the leadership was corrupt. I was completely oblivious to it until about a year ago and most definitely would not have known otherwise.

So hopefully all the thousands of posts everyone has made will continue to be available on the internet for future audiences.

Because I know I'm not the only friend or family member of a Way person (current or former) who became interested in what "The Way" was all about. And we learned a lot of things here at GS.

So to Paw, and all the mods, and all the people who contributed to this web site (including the thousands who were here before me who I never knew), and also that dude (the Rev.?) John Juedes...thank you, thank you.

Hmm...well...as the only person remotely resembling an "outsider" around here. I'd have to say:

First of all this is an amazing site for information about TWI, and it performs an invaluable public service.

It was was this place that revealed to me that TWI was a cult and that the leadership was corrupt. I was completely oblivious to it until about a year ago and most definitely would not have known otherwise.

So hopefully all the thousands of posts everyone has made will continue to be available on the internet for future audiences.

Because I know I'm not the only friend or family member of a Way person (current or former) who became interested in what "The Way" was all about. And we learned a lot of things here at GS.

So to Paw, and all the mods, and all the people who contributed to this web site (including the thousands who were here before me who I never knew), and also that dude (the Rev.?) John Juedes...thank you, thank you.

I have to say - you're one of us, now, soul searcher, and I hope you and anyone else who has contributed to the info, fun or general entertainment around here will grace us with your presence at the fb page as well as wherever we gather when these doors close...

We may not be as much about "outing" twi these days, but that's only cause there's so little left of it around to stumble onto...