GreaseSpot Cafe

A personal Soap Box

Twinky

And there is an analogy (or is it simile or maybe hypercacastasis?) that you can see here if you've been saying your Lo Shanta's faithfully, too.

The prison bars represent the great truths, hidden in that wonderful collateral, "Release From Your Prisons".

Yes, that's it. You, too, can have something completely different if you will focus clearly on an image of a fish. ('cause fish are Biblical, you see.)

who is this (perhaps) poverty stricken, *man* with a message?

:biglaugh:

I've had the "message" once..

it all does not depend on *me*.

thats what got my attention in *mr* iams post. "why don't they believe *me*.."

the vicster never figured it out..

in a cosmic sense, I have no idea where that leaves him..

but it doesn't look good.. if he had to live the rest of eternity with his unwarranted and unbridled egotism.. wouldn't that qualify as hell?

just a thought..

a very good friend once asked me..

what if you found everything you believed was wrong..

how does that fare with those who deceived me along the way..

maybe I shouldn't say. What would you do..

I dunno. Maybe I just deceived myself..

so I answer. Maybe they were doing the best they knew to do..

and the answer was something like.. "you are very generous"..

How can one *really* hate one self..

I suspect that the real reason this thread was started was to get some kind of "payback". You want to coax me into posting things of interest to me just so you can try to "derail" it like you think I have derailed other threads. Well, have at it!

John, I started the thread so that you could talk about whatever YOU wanted to talk about - without the need to derail other threads.

It looks as if Ham and Waysider have managed a very effective derail, but you can bring it back to whatever YOU want at any time. Not my thread - a gift for you.

You managed a very long convoluted post on Dishing it Out that I would have replied to on this thread but it seems that others, notably Chockfull, have done sufficiently well for me.

I think, John, of VPW's analogy of a camera - point, focus, shoot - you seem incapable of staying focussed on the matter in hand. If a thread starts about X you divert it to Q via Z, A, B, C, etc and STILL never manage to discuss X. Whereas others will attempt to discuss X and may deviate to discuss W and Y as well but still keep it close to and bring it back to X. There are times that it's uncertain you can actually see "X" through your PFAL colored camera lens.

It's perfectly okay to discuss Q, or anything else, if that's what a thread is about.

Let's see if I can bring things back into focus.

Waysider provided you with an example of Saint Vic's bullying, accusing everyone of killing a person when the individual snuck out to get cookies during a colon cleanse.

Your response is Saint Vic wasn't bullying, he was telling everybody to get their act together.

My response:

Bullying (definition)

Falsely accusing someone of anothers death is mental abusive. Can you even start to imagine the guilt the group felt, nonetheless carried with them? Over what? A colon cleanse and a couple of cookies.

There wasn't a better way to transmit: get your act together? Here's a wild idea, how about using love (which frees) rather than guilt (which enslaves)?

This should have been a time for mourning, not assigning blame. But Saint Vic and his ego the size of Rhode Island, just couldn't let it go.

A terrible tragedy occured in Arizona a few months back. Can you imagine the outrage if Obama stepped up to the potium in the memorial service and blamed everyone in the country?

You think Saint Vic did this out of love? Or out of trying to pass the buck?

What happened to doctrine, reproof, and correction? Showing people the right way, showing them what they did wrong, then showing them how to do it right again?

Far be it from Saint Vic to follow the bible. After all, he's better then the bible.

SoCrates

Edited by So_crates

Shudder!

The greatest cargoes in life come over==================

hey that looks like another scene from that new class action lawsuit packed movie "Unreliable". This scene is near the end of the movie as the train pulled into the Rock of Ages Station.

Train_20wreck_202_20vertical_20050215_small.jpg

Both VP and the officer were people who were associated with a standard which had authority behind it, who did unspeakable things. That's the comparison. Argue all you want.

Actually I have no desire to argue against that comparison. I find it irrelevant. What I do find relevant is that VPW was a man who rose to authority who did unspeakable things behind the guise of standing for the Bible.

Next in line, his protege LCM did similar things.

After that, currently RFR is carrying on the same tradition.

Now there's an analogy I can draw a conclusion from. If the fruit of the first, second and current president of an organization is all putrid fruit, then what does that tell you about the organization?

Edited by chockfull

quote: then what does that tell you about the organization?

Irrelevant. They taught me the bible; I believed what they taught; my life is better. End of controversy.

Next diary entry: Today was good. A 75' tall ash tree 2 1/2 feet in diameter fell during a storm 2 weeks ago. It destroyed fencing between my property and my neighbor's and it fell on a shed and all but destroyed that, too. The insurance adjuster cut us a check for tree removal and fence repair. The neighbor just laughed. They didn't even use the shed. So I called a believer and told him what happened. Today 5 guys came over. Three of them had chain saws and we rented a splitter. Started at 8:30, finished at 2PM. Lots of firewood, nothing in the neighbor's yard. Some of you probably call that "arborcide". I call it the family working together.

Was the 75' ash tree ... the Way tree? :biglaugh:

I find it interesting that "putrid fruit" of an organization is raised, directly challenging Johniam; and he answers with something completely different. Ah well. Have at it, John.

this thread is too f'ing long

i was in the 9th corps and i love Russell and Cindy (i'm trying to think -- her last name begins with a "K" Koss--it's coming to me lol -- tell them someone loves them :) Coleman

um, what else, johnyouare -- the way taught you the bible and did you good -- for me, it screwed me up worse than i was

koslow maybe