GreaseSpot Cafe

Causing devil spirits pain

OldSkool

Both times I was way disciple I was told in a group setting that speaking the word causes devil spirits actual, physical pain. Sooooo......if this is true then the devil must have been in a world of hurt when he quoted the Old Testament to Jesus in the temptations....no? Of course one has to wonder how spirit beings experience physical pain since that which is flesh is flesh and that which is spirit is spirit....maybe they should say "spiritual pain." :rolleyes: :wacko: <_< :biglaugh:

Thought it would be fun to rip in this one a little bit.

It has to be "the rightly divided Word™ spoken on the lips of a believing believer™" in order for pain to be caused.

Then again, hearing Rosie's drawl causes me physical, mental, and emotional pain too.

TWI wouldn't know a devil spirit if it jumped up and bit them on the @$$, or moved into their double-wide on grounds. To TWI "devil spirits" are basically words they use to produce a conducive environment for their fear tactics. To TWI "devil spirits" are what people have when they have an intelligent different opinion than their Director.

It reminds me of watching the old Martin Luther film where the threat of "excommunication" was always wielded as a weapon. Fear is the tool of self-aggrandizing paper dictators.

You don't want "devil spirits"??? Then "obey your overseer". Overseer - there's another one - don't get me started. It's not a biblical word, but the closest they can get to "overlord". They secretly dream of being Darth Vader.

You really want to cause devil spirits pain? Extend your middle finger, wave it in the general direction of New Knoxville, tear up that check you were going to drop in the horn, and stay home on Sunday and watch football. Then you can watch physical pain and cause spiritual pain all while sitting on your couch eating chips and salsa with garlic and onions.

Both times I was way disciple I was told in a group setting that speaking the word causes devil spirits actual, physical pain.

Really? Wherever did they drag that idea in from? oh never mind...

Never heard that before.

Can these spirit beings feel pain, then?

How can physical pain be caused to something that doesn't have a physical body?

Well, according to the definitions set forth in the Advanced Class, Wierwille would have had to be riddled with devil spirits. Did they writhe in pain when he stepped into the pulpit? So, either they don't feel physical pain or Wierwille wasn't really speaking "The Word" or nobody really knows what "The Word" is or there are really no devil spirits to start with or, or, or.......I'm sure I must have missed a few other options.

TWI wouldn't know a devil spirit if it jumped up and bit them on the @$$, or moved into their double-wide on grounds.

It sounds like you know quite a bit about those darn debil spirits than TWI...

Last I recall they did bite them in the @$$ and had been living large at TWI HQ since the drunkin' rapist moved in... And since they haven't been removed since, I'd say that's a pretty accurate statement!

As far as causing them pain, it's more like they fed them until the government forced a few to leave. Not sure how big they've grown since, but I'd say they are still livin large on vacation at TWI!

Edited by TrustAndObey

Both times I was way disciple I was told in a group setting that speaking the word causes devil spirits actual, physical pain. Sooooo......if this is true then the devil must have been in a world of hurt when he quoted the Old Testament to Jesus in the temptations....no? Of course one has to wonder how spirit beings experience physical pain since that which is flesh is flesh and that which is spirit is spirit....maybe they should say "spiritual pain." :rolleyes: :wacko: <_< :biglaugh:

Thought it would be fun to rip in this one a little bit.

That must be why the scriptures say that Satan disguises himself as an angel of light? I don't get it? Even when I drinking the bathwater flavored kool-aid....I didn't understand why TWI had such an intimate knowledge of Satan. That was one of the things that once puzzled me.....now I understand it..... they just made it all up as they went along! :)

Edited by geisha779

That must be why the scriptures say that Satan disguises himself as an angel of light? I don't get it? Even when I drinking the bathwater flavored kool-aid....I didn't understand why TWI had such an intimate knowledge of Satan. That was one of the things that once puzzled me.....now I understand it..... they just made it all up as they went along! :)

Of course! Dontcha see it? It's just all so simple keedz if you just believe everything I say. If I seem to contradict myself it's because you can't see the Word big enough.

That must be why the scriptures say that Satan disguises himself as an angel of light? I didn't understand why TWI had such an intimate knowledge of Satan. That was one of the things that once puzzled me.....now I understand it

You answered your own question: Satan disguises himself as an angel of light, or even as a ministry of light.

Why such intimate knowledge of the devil? Evil understands evil intimately. Who do you think was really whispering in Saint Vic's ear?

SoCrates

Edited by So_crates

I know we were always trying to kick the adversary "in the teeth" . . . wouldn't that scuff your shoes?

the Adv. hates a group of believers sitting together SIT. . . . but wouldn't handing out flaming swords increase Class sign-ups?

quote: Both times I was way disciple I was told in a group setting that speaking the word causes devil spirits actual, physical pain.

Don't know about that, but in Luke 10:18 Jesus says he beheld satan as lightning fall from heaven. This means that Jesus, one guy, had caused such problems for the devil that he had to personally come among his daimons and daimonions and direct traffic for a time. Other than 'bruise thy head' from Gen 3 that's the extent of anyone causing pain to the devil. The interesting thing is, that the context of Luke 10 is the 70 returning to Jesus and rejoicing that they had such power over devils. Think about that one.

How come.. the "christ in me" didn't beat the snot out of *mr* wienerville..

I'm sure a lot of us have asked that question..

maybe like the lady in the ad at the bottom of the page.

he(?) was pretty..

she is like a Cheshire cat. You know, turn around, and the cat is gone..

:biglaugh:

now its ads for offshore accounts..

:biblaugh:

I hope you take advantage of this. When I have a couple glasses or so of red wine.. things go spiritual..

Causing devil spirts pain.

just being an "ordinary" spirit.

how do you feel about this *almost* paradise being sucked dry by behemoths of capitalism..

yeah, they are "spirits"..

it was supposed to just be a summer camp, in the wilderness somewhere..

now they think they own the rocks, the rivers..

larger pieces of Diety, really suck.

Really.. they can be pretty damned useless..

I must not be a devil spirit. I am not experiencing pain here..

:biglaugh:

How come.. the "christ in me" didn't beat the snot out of *mr* wienerville..

I'm sure a lot of us have asked that question..

Exactly.

And how come nobody ever saw them by virtue of their super duper powers? (ie: discerning of spirits)

Edited by waysider

I think it is the big, green color.

big, and green..

green is among the most receptive colors to the human eye..

there are among a few reasons that I've said.. if the "paradise" comes, my (no, not mine. I can't own a soul. rather, the ones I provide for..) cats come with me..

don't have room for "lesser" souls. Well, I'm pretty "lesser" as well..

I know enough math to melt some brains. And yes, I am as "lesser" as anyone else.. there are a few here, who can come to the same conclusion..

I wish Rumrunner could still give us a few clues, along the way..