GreaseSpot Cafe

Why would TWI not do this?

Naten00

They didn't want us to worry our pretty little heads over things like thinking freely, or coming to our own conclusions. They handled all that thinking and deciding stuff for us.

Actually, I seem to recall twi did invite occasional speakers in, for corps meetings and such. But usually it was for the purpose of mocking them afterwards, or telling the corps to watch how devil spirits work in the speaker, or other fanciful notions.

You're the best! Can I slip my hand into your panties later?

Actually, I seem to recall twi did invite occasional speakers in, for corps meetings and such. But usually it was for the purpose of mocking them afterwards, or telling the corps to watch how devil spirits work in the speaker, or other fanciful notions.

I seem to remember Martindale going on during a STS some years ago about how wierwille had brought in a Dr. who was also a seed boy. He let the man speak but privately told the corps he was seed and it was for their learning. :smilie_kool_aid: :smilie_kool_aid:

I seem to remember Martindale going on during a STS some years ago about how wierwille had brought in a Dr. who was also a seed boy. He let the man speak but privately told the corps he was seed and it was for their learning. :smilie_kool_aid: :smilie_kool_aid:

I hear references a lot to seed boys. What is a seed boy?

Someone born of the seed of the serpent, as referenced in Genesis 3:15

and I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel."

It's clear in scripture that the serpent (Devil) has some sort of offspring. Wierwille taught that this offspring were those who had confessed Satan as their lord and were open to possession from any devil spirit at any time. This sin, he taught, was also the unforgivable sin in 1 John 5. They operate as world rulers and run the kingdoms of the world.

Someone born of the seed of the serpent, as referenced in Genesis 3:15

It's clear in scripture that the serpent (Devil) has some sort of offspring. Wierwille taught that this offspring were those who had confessed Satan as their lord and were open to possession from any devil spirit at any time. This sin, he taught, was also the unforgivable sin in 1 John 5. They operate as world rulers and run the kingdoms of the world.

WOW

That is one big pill to swallow

WOW

That is one big pill to swallow

Well, keep in mind, wierwille was into the illuminati and all things devil. :evildenk:

Heck, the advanced class which is the pinnacle of their flagship teaching series culminates not with the focus on God, but rather with several days on devil spirit categories with flimsy scriptures to back it all up.

Edited by OldSkool

To address your question:

"Why won't the Way invite such people to speak at the Headquarters?"

They don't even allow their own ministers to speak at HQ, at least not freely.

Their sermons are orchestrated, scripted, controlled. Nothing is spoken from that stage that is not first scrutinized, scrubbed, sanitized, and dumbed down. If any "teacher" showed a glimpse of depth of thought or [God forbid]new thinking they would be severely reprimanded.

Why? For one thing, fear. RFR is so afraid of being sued again she won't let anyone stray off script. For another, no one is allowed to shine, be dynamic, inspired. It would make RFR look bad (as if she needs help).

TWI knows it all. They have no need, no meekness, to have anyone else teach them.

Hey, they have a storehouse of truth. <_<

They bow down to anything taught by VPW, yet they cannot see that they've become what he hated.

A dull denomination, ruling with heavy hand.

A broken cistern that holds no water.

An organization in a rut.

Ruled by rules and deaf to the spirit of God.

By their own choice.

They bow down to anything taught by VPW, yet they cannot see that they've become what he hated.

A dull denomination, ruling with heavy hand.

A broken cistern that holds no water.

An organization in a rut.

Ruled by rules and deaf to the spirit of God.

By their own choice.

I don't think VPW hated that structure as long as he was at the top...

He seemed almost jealous of others that where...

I find that funny about the way they redefine the definition of religion and are the very definition of what they claim to be against.

The crucial concept to bear in mind here is that "seed" (the TWI defined variety) is synonymous with permanence. So, according to Way theology, someone who has the wrong "seed" (seed of the devil) is eternally doomed, with no hope of salvation. Just imagine what might happen if you told a suicidal schizophrenic that he was eternally doomed, with no hope of salvation. :realmad:

A very long time ago, Before even the "first corps" I think they did bring in speakers. Some of them were people like Bishop Pillai. After this brief time period it seems that most of the speakers were as mentioned above. But there was a time when they at least gave the impression of being willing to learn from people on the outside. This seem to have already disappeared by the early '70's.

Edited by Keith

A very long time ago, Before even the "first corps" I think they did bring in speakers. Some of them were people like Bishop Pillai. After this brief time period it seems that most of the speakers were as mentioned above. But there was a time when they at least gave the impression of being willing to learn from people on the outside. This seem to have already disappeared by the early '70's.

Ah, yes. This was the "material gathering" era. Plagiarist eras are always preceded by material gathering. As of today, the people involved in that era who came in to speak are relegated to placques in the Founders Room of the auditorium. There's a dozen or so of them.

Ah, yes. This was the "material gathering" era. Plagiarist eras are always preceded by material gathering. As of today, the people involved in that era who came in to speak are relegated to placques in the Founders Room of the auditorium. There's a dozen or so of them.

Aww, yes......the PLAGAIRIST PLAYBOOK.

Wierwille welcomed in speakers under the guise of "learning"......all the while, scheming to lift his stature among his flock. Then, years later, he pontificates that "the Lord taught him the Word like it had NOT been known since the first century."

And, while he stole BG Leonard's class, setup, structure, research centre, class graduation and picture, maggie muggins, henry boloko and snowball pete..........wierwille was quick to point out where Leonard was "spiritually off." So, wierwille plagairizes the whole of Leonard's class-based structure and follow-up......yet, demeans Leonard in generic snark fashion.

Wierwille the backstabber......and lowlife. <_<

The reason is because, from PFAL, TWI has worked hard to destroy critical thinking skills. There is a "party line" and all are required to follow it. To do otherwise is to listen to lies from the devil. We must be likeminded.

To bring in a speaker who may speak something different, who may not toe the party line, who has some different view of God - would be to reawaken those long suppressed critical thinking skills. We might start "considering" what the guest speaker said. That would be listening to the lies of the devil. And it would be the slippery slope to thinking for ourselves. And to TWI losing control over individual believers.

...And losing control over the individuals' pay packets.

(BTW Naten, there are lots of threads here about loss (and re-gaining) critical thinking skills. The fact that this is raised here so often is an indication of how much TWI worked to suppress that ability, to hear and consider another view.)