GreaseSpot Cafe

How To Start A Cult Properly

chockfull

Hello all.  With everything that is going on, it seems like there is an ongoing need in the household of Godbody of Christ, group of disgruntled ex-way people.

We want to leave a cult, but we are too brainwashed by the cult to collaborate with other human beings with similar interests like the Bible, God, and Christianity.  Because it is way too hard to communicate with folks like this and peddle our influence, we really need to stick to folks that are similarly brainwashed to ourselves.  So, the only logical conclusion left is we need to start our own cult.  

For all the people like this, I am starting this thread.

• Upvote 1

Next, I think we need to start out communications, and building concepts on this "How To Start A Cult" real slow, and use lots of pictures.  Sometimes some people just need a little more time for things to sink in.

First off, we are going to have a YES column, and a NO column.

In the YES column:

JESUS-NETWORK-MARKETING.jpg

0273d3752c8a9a44efe60c1e059a7c79.jpg

• Upvote 1

Order the Cult starter kit – call now, (smooth) operators are standing by

Call in the next 10 millennium and you’ll also receive:

Crash-course in personality make-over: become that charming narcissistic megalomaniac that you’ve always wanted to be!

Lessons in Lockbox Logistics: learn the complex operation of hiding bodies, crimes, misdemeanors, witnesses, and more!

Buzzword Generator app: puts you in the driver seat of any conversation!

Original Research Sampling Techniques: who thought of it first? Who cares!?!? Plagiarism smagiarism.

Autographed copy of “How I Did It” by Elmer Gantry.

Now how much do you think a minimum required donation would be for all of the above?  

Well, the next caller who really believes they can’t start a cult without all of this $hit stuff will also receive the book “How to Sin Against Friends and Compromise Scruples”.

• Upvote 3

Don't forget to write your own handbook, "Power for Abundant Luring."

• Upvote 2

On behalf of everyone logging in on a mobile device, and everyone logging in with high security settings that may not allow images to load, I'd like to remind you that posts that are entirely images aren't nearly as amusing if all you see is a placeholder and the word "no" or "yes." 

Doesn't mean you can't post them, but don't be surprised if you don't have as many fans for them as you'd expected.

Cult starting tip # 148: stumped on ideas for what your cult should be about? Why not first join an existing cult! Splinter groups and offshoots are   underrated enterprises.

thinking_man_PNG11607.png

Edited by T-Bone
gooder grammar

10 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Order the Cult starter kit – call now, (smooth) operators are standing by

Only $3,000 -- Advanced Cult Leader Package:  Perks and Privileges

• Build Mystique:  Acquire an in-depth spiritual persona that is layered in mystique 
  • Own Farmland: Learn how to exploit others who will work for free and smile while doing it
  • Own a Motor Coach:  Learn the perks of sexual favors and predatory procurements

Cult starting tip Number Two:

People generally like the feeling that they belong to something exclusive; that’s why it’s important to establish a secret handshake or some unique salutation – like “greet each other with a holy fart” for example. It will also help to identify unbelievers.

It is also wise to set up protocols at the start of your cult. Using the above example of holy farts, you should declare that fart lighting (pyro-flatulence) should be reserved for introducing the cult leader or other big stinkers. And while we’re talking about this particular greeting you should also issue a directive that would tell followers to mark and avoid any person in attendance that actually lets one slip out (aka dropping a deuce, manifesting # 2, ectoplasm of the drawers).

Illustrating the above example is a home fellowship coordinator introducing France’s Country Coordinator Rev. Toot of De Loom:

hqdefault.jpg

• Upvote 2

That reminds me T-Bone,

Some good examples of applying God's Turd can be found in T.P. and Me

Such as how to S.Q.U.A.T . . . which is S.I.T. for the other end.

How the Bottom End justifies the Mean

That love is like a fart, if you force it, it's poo.

and other sweet smelling savors

You're all being very unkind.  Do you need a refresher of the Inter-mean-iate class?

It’s crossed my mind that if I were that twisted, which I am not because I am not a psychopath, I have all the tools, experience and knowledge to start my own cult. How easy it would be to do that rather than get a job. It wouldn’t be hard to find the local lonesome people who need a purpose in life and who have jobs so they can give me 15% of their income. I went WOW three times, I am good at that. No disrespect to the lonesome people but that’s who we sold the class to the fastest. That’s who came for the kisses and free coffee cake. I can’t imagine, as a father today, allowing active drug addicts, homeless people and someone I met at the laundry mat into my house where my kids are living their lives. The whole thing is so weird. But anyway, yes let’s start a cult. I can help you. 

• Upvote 2

"It wouldn’t be hard to find the local lonesome people who need a purpose in life and who have jobs so they can give me 15% of their income."

I think this hits on an aspect of The Way that at lot of people miss. It wasn't about the bible. it wasn't about helping others. It wasn't even about the money they made from the class. It was about bringing people to a level of commitment that would have them freely giving 15% (or more) of every paycheck...week after week, month after month, year after year. That was the big plan. (as I see it.)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, waysider said:

"It wouldn’t be hard to find the local lonesome people who need a purpose in life and who have jobs so they can give me 15% of their income."

I think this hits on an aspect of The Way that at lot of people miss. It wasn't about the bible. it wasn't about helping others. It wasn't even about the money they made from the class. It was about bringing people to a level of commitment that would have them freely giving 15% (or more) of every paycheck...week after week, month after month, year after year. That was the big plan. (as I see it.)

I distinctly remember our WOW Home being reproved for not having enough students. We basically had to fill a quota or risk being “off the word”. My house was regularly full of people you would never want in your home. At the root of Christianity that should be OK as a pure heart should want to help anyone who needs help. But we had people coming over that you would never want near your kids. I was especially upset by the class we ran that featured people from the local (and I am quoting as a matter of fact) the “reatarded adult home”. I mean, where do you draw the line? These people couldn’t read, they could not stop talking and could not stop disrupting the class. Of course they couldn’t. They all had Down Syndrome. It was great to want to help them but we took their money for the class and to me that was wrong. 

I went WOW three times. In those three years we had maybe 3 people who stuck with TWI, took all the classes and became full time believers (out of hundreds of people who took PFAL) 

Of course we had a 100% session SIT rate. ;) The worst part is we believed it. 

Upper leadership knew the retention rate of new recruits was abysmal. That's why they pushed so hard to run more and more people through the class. It's like fishing. You cast your line countless times in expectation of an eventually successful catch. It also explains why the *donation* (price) fluctuated so widely over the years. It was adjusted to suit whatever the market would bear, not to fill a profit expectation. As recruiters, we were an unpaid sales force, working without commission. Last I heard, The Way is sitting on about a 60 million dollar nest egg. Peanuts in today's economy. Nothing to take lightly, though.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

That love is like a fart, if you force it, it's poo.

funny...and so true

16 hours ago, Junior Corps Surviver said:

It’s crossed my mind that if I were that twisted, which I am not because I am not a psychopath, I have all the tools, experience and knowledge to start my own cult. How easy it would be to do that rather than get a job. It wouldn’t be hard to find the local lonesome people who need a purpose in life and who have jobs so they can give me 15% of their income. I went WOW three times, I am good at that. No disrespect to the lonesome people but that’s who we sold the class to the fastest. That’s who came for the kisses and free coffee cake. I can’t imagine, as a father today, allowing active drug addicts, homeless people and someone I met at the laundry mat into my house where my kids are living their lives. The whole thing is so weird. But anyway, yes let’s start a cult. I can help you. 

16 hours ago, waysider said:

great points Junior CS & Waysider...i guess to add specificity to this thread it could inform folks how to start an abusive cult properly...and that's the difference - between something that is bad for you and  something that enhances your life....is it parasitic or is it beneficial? does it exploit your life / resources or does it add / improve the quality of your life / resources?

that's another thing about trolling for candidates for your next class - you are told not to waste your time with people who don't want to or can't cough up money for the class...imagine if TWI would have said if you're not completely satisfied with the results from taking our class - we'll give you your money back....or a new student using the strategy of Wimpy on Popeye - I'll gladly pay you for the class after I become prosperous from all the benefits I'll receive from the class.

Edited by T-Bone
new and improved post...now with more words!