GreaseSpot Cafe

LCM

johniam

Easy just passing through ... still America right? If the site Administrator doesn't want people to read old posts then take them off or put a algorithm block on old files bro 

If I did anything to hurt or offend you I'm sorry friend. If you feel the need to report me for posting I understand.  For give me brother

Semper Fi

20 minutes ago, DukieLuv504Boy said:

Easy just passing through ... still America right? If the site Administrator doesn't want people to read old posts then take them off or put a algorithm block on old files bro 

If I did anything to hurt or offend you I'm sorry friend. If you feel the need to report me for posting I understand.  For give me brother

Semper Fi

I'm confident that WW holds nothing against you. Also, I'm puzzled as to how you would infer that the "site Administrator doesn't want people to read old posts." Are you suggesting by saying "still America right?" that someone is challenging your right to post or question anything here? As I read the comments, it seems the challenging was solely to seek clarification on your intended meaning. So, I would ask, why are you seemingly so sensitive?  

There's no need to be cryptic with your posts/comments. Tell us what you want to tell us. If someone disagrees with you, they might say so, but so what? I mean, you did suggest you're a Marine, didn't you? I was unaware that Marines so easily get their feelings hurt.

Edited by Rocky

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 6:59 AM, DukieLuv504Boy said:

If the site Administrator doesn't want people to read old posts then take them off or put a algorithm block on old files bro 

Actually, we really welcome people reading old posts.  Sometimes it's what helps them make sense of what they saw, or what happened to them, during their time with TWI.  And sometimes people can add an update on old material, if they've left more recently.

If you are a recent leaver, Dukie, you are welcome to post what you know; you are welcome to add to current threads.  You can have any viewpoint you like (some here are adamant Wierwille haters, others have been adamant Wierwille proponents).  Just understand that what you post may be subject to challenge and debate, and if you post nonsense or abusive posts, you will be called on such posts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, ex10 said:

FYI Way employees didn’t pay into Social Security. So there is none for the years wasted working for the so-called “Ministry.”

Doesn't that just suck... for those twi employees anyway?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ex10 said:

FYI Way employees didn’t pay into Social Security. So there is none for the years wasted working for the so-called “Ministry.”

10, I wonder how many of the former employees regret not paying into SS while working for TWI.  I wonder how they are surviving, now that they have hit their 60s', and 70s'.:asdf:

How incredibly selfish of TWI to not have employees pay into SS.  How do they get away with that?  Just when I've learned enough about that despicable organization I find out something else.  People used and abused.  There for the grace of God go I.  They must be stuck there at HQ.  But then TWI might kick them out if they get too old to work like slaves and TWI would have to actually recompense them in some way for their years of loyalty  - which they wouldn't.  Cold hearted Pharisees.

58 minutes ago, outandabout said:

How incredibly selfish of TWI to not have employees pay into SS.  How do they get away with that?  Just when I've learned enough about that despicable organization I find out something else.  People used and abused.  There for the grace of God go I.  They must be stuck there at HQ.  But then TWI might kick them out if they get too old to work like slaves and TWI would have to actually recompense them in some way for their years of loyalty  - which they wouldn't.  Cold hearted Pharisees.

"Because they can..." put another way, because federal law allows it. IRS Publication 517 covers related issues. One possibility is that the employee is responsible to pay the SS tax even if the organization opts out. And if the employee does NOT pay the tax, s/he may not be eligible for benefits when they need them.

Right now, they actually pay the minimum required by law. 

Is it because they realized it was the responsible thing to do?

No, twi's lawyers mandated that twi improve the conditions for its workers.

What's your alleged "Christian" organization like if even LAWYERS are coming up to you and saying "You need to be a LOT nicer to people"?

25 minutes ago, TLC said:

So, you think they defied the IRS, stopped paying it, and have broken the law? 

He said nothing about them "stopping."    If the law changed in the mid 80s, none of us heard that twi changed to comply.  In fact, it was only when lawyers were digging through twi due to lawsuits brought against twi that lawyers saw lots of practices that may have been illegal and were definitely questionable, and told twi to change.  With them possibly having to go to court, their illegal and immoral practices would have offered a wealth of riches for the prosecuting attorney to turn over, and legal followups would probably have been the death knell to twi's finances- which would have been the end of twi entirely.

The doubt was on when they started.  I think it was a good decade after you think it started. Rocky might agree.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

He said nothing about them "stopping."    If the law changed in the mid 80s, none of us heard that twi changed to comply.  In fact, it was only when lawyers were digging through twi due to lawsuits brought against twi that lawyers saw lots of practices that may have been illegal and were definitely questionable, and told twi to change.  With them possibly having to go to court, their illegal and immoral practices would have offered a wealth of riches for the prosecuting attorney to turn over, and legal followups would probably have been the death knell to twi's finances- which would have been the end of twi entirely.

The doubt was on when they started.  I think it was a good decade after you think it started. Rocky might agree.

Personal tax records indicate otherwise.

This social security issue was discussed on this thread:   Rosalie's Retirement Plan

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2009 at 6:58 AM, skyrider said:

There was a time when twi required staffers to sign a waiver form on SS payments. My yearly SS statement shows ZEROES for those staff years at hq. Around 1985 or thereabouts, twi's auditors/accountants informed twi that it needed to change its policies on SS waivers/payments.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2009 at 10:48 AM, Linda Z said:

In October of 1974 a law was passed exempting churches and their employees from paying social security and Medicare taxes. The law changed in 1984, and churches/church employees had to start paying into SS, although I don't remember having SS tax deducted in any of the years I was on staff (82-86).

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2009 at 3:16 PM, Sunesis said:

Yup, I was there when Linda Z was, it always po'es me off when I get my SS statement see those 5 years I worked with no SS to show for it. Grrr...

Rosie and TWI - leaches living in luxury off other people's hard earned money.

Yeah......wierwille / twi  was in accordance with the law, BUT.....they used every opportunity and advantage (they had us sign waivers) to screw us in the long run.

Thanks wierwille............PPPFFFFTTT.:mooner:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This website on ministers/pastors Social Security tax situations makes no mention of any 1984 law changes.

Seca is self-employment related contributions (taxes) paid into Social Security.

It also says, 

Can a church pay FICA for a minister to save the minister money?

No. A church cannot pay FICA for someone who is a minister for tax purposes. By law, ministers are always treated as self-employed for Social Security purposes and therefore are subject to SECA taxes on their ministerial earnings. Churches that pay FICA for their ministers are not doing them a favor — they are violating the law. When churches mistakenly pay FICA for ministers, they can cause errors in Social Security Administration records that may affect future benefits.

Can churches give ministers a Social Security “allowance” or “offset”?

Churches can give ministers a Social Security “allowance” or “offset” to help the minister pay SECA taxes. But a Social Security allowance or offset is extra income. The minister will have to report the allowance as income for federal income tax purposes and as income for SECA tax purposes.

Do churches have to pay FICA for their non-ministerial employees?

Churches must pay their share and withhold the employee’s share of FICA for non-ministerial employees except in rare cases where a church has exempted itself from making these payments. Churches cannot classify non-ministerial employees as self-employed to avoid paying FICA.
Edited by Rocky

• 2 weeks later...