GreaseSpot Cafe

William Branham: Seed of the Serpent

OldSkool

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

You just failed to deeply learn these things, probably due to Corps distractions.

Well...at least something good came of wasting my life in wierwilles clone program.

Edited by OldSkool

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

A few late edits:

Remember that "our" spirit is something that GOD gave to us.
I think you are forgetting that in your leap to say "our" spirit is bigger than God.

We could say "the spirit interface God gave us" instead of "our spirit" to see that it does NOT have more power than God.  REMEMBER that it is FROM God. 

And your trying to muddy the water as your interface claim doesn't change the fact, according to you, our spirit can do something God can't.

Also, so rather than taking a direct route, God in his infinite wisdom chose to go the long way around?

For those new to the harassmatic movement I recommend you start out small - speak in LoShonta and handle worms…

…Then on to expeller’s sessions - projectile vomiting alphabet soup 

You’ll know you’re really really virtually ready for the Adverb Class when you can easily and redundantly pile on word salads and remember oil and vinegar don’t mix but nonsense and beeswax do / does /  / did / have / has  or had before on other threads 

snakes is as snakes does 

• Like 1

For those of us who would like to quit wasting time with one of our trolls here at GSC...here is a link to a book I found on William Branham that goes into some pretty good detail on this guy. Im reading it today if anyone else wants to follow along heres the link:

https://cloud.disroot.org/s/AD3Dkb5WKkNJXra

Obviously this topic is setting mikey straight off the deep end...so it really must be worth discussing.

Edited by OldSkool

1 hour ago, Mike said:

#1  I am not a troll.

#2  What I post is STRONGLY against the thinking of the most active posters here.

#3  What I post is SO damning of the majority opinion that it disrupts their thinking.

#4  The active posters are outraged at my defiance of their anti-idol.

#5  The active posters have no solid ground to stand on, so they call me a troll, and resort to pulling out all their old nasty Way Corps skills of melting faces and trying to belittle defiant thinkers. 

Yes you are a troll.  I’m still waiting for the logic on how Numbers 11 shows that spirit can only talk to spirit.

#2 strongly against?  You mean like you have an anti idol regarding greasespot?

#3. Lmfao at your perceived impact beyond your stated goal which in essence amounts to being a troll.

#4 the active posters find the definition of the concept of anti idol lacking- I have no rage towards you or your illogic I do however find the statues of VPW golden calf-like

#5 I see more active research going on at this website than has ever existed through 80% of TWIs history.  People looking up scriptures, sharing concepts, considering views of other Christians as opposed to viewing them as seed of the serpent or stupid, sharing external philosophical concepts that tie in to scriptures, sharing some of the textual history of scripture.

And then there is you, the ostrich with the head buried in circa 1965 collaterals - secretary notes.  And still drinking the KoolAid snowstorm story replete with misogyny.

Edited by chockfull

5 minutes ago, chockfull said:

And then there is you, the ostrich with the head buried in circa 1965 collaterals - secretary notes.  And still drinking the KoolAid snowstorm story replete with misogyny.

article-2525602-1A2B2A3600000578-553_634

2 minutes ago, waysider said:

Oh, now this is going too far. I'm simply outraged.

I know, right>? Cant you just feel the hate seething from my keyboard as I let my way corps slip show...:jump:

Honestly Mike - u think your making folks like me mad when the opposite is true. Im literally laughing at the stuff you post because its ludicrous. As I troll a troll you are none the wiser which leads me to believe you lack basic cognitive skills. wierwille's idolotrous doctrines do produce cognitive dissonance if you follow down that rabbit hole long enough.

23 minutes ago, So_crates said:

And your trying to muddy the water as your interface claim doesn't change the fact, according to you, our spirit can do something God can't.

Well I finally got overloaded this morning, and am way behind in responding. I'm answering this one last post, and then taking a break and enjoying the rare rain that is coming here in an hour.

*/*/*/*/*

God CANNOT lie, because He limits Himself to always speak true.

God CANNOT really speak to flesh, because He limits Himself this way for our benefit.

God limits Himself in this communication thing. 
You seem to want to completely miss this.
God chose to limit Himself for our protection. 

God had foreknowledge that this limitation would not diminish His sovereignty, and even though limited

1 hour ago, Mike said:

This Great Principle comes from many places, and this is just one.  The proof comes by building the scope of all these kinds of passages.

Elisha asked for twice the spirit that Elijah had. My best understanding of this is that he asked for training of his mind to be able to hear twice as good. (hope I didn't mix up Elisha and Elijah)

I explained some of this in the post you responded to, where I wrote:

"The content of Numbers 12 has some more points that illustrate the principle that God can't REALLY talk to us with out us having spirit.  Here we see the difference between Moses and the others. He was more meek and had more time than them to learn how to REALLY hear from God.   We can see the others who had spirit, but not the meekness and the training Moses had with that spirit.  They still had the communications block because it takes a willing and trained mind, as well as spirit, to get around the communications block."

The GP comes from one place - VPW.

The first example quoted - Elijah / Elisha has a contradiction in VPs GP logic.  It requires him to dance around with more bullshonta logic about how spirit was “in measure” in OT as opposed to the unlimited Jesus iron man suit available after Pentecost.

Oh by the way VP also taught that Jesus had spirit upon him from the time of his Baptism by John so your little sob story about him being separate from God and not able to talk to him is flat out wrong even by PFAL teachings.

But maybe you got distracted from learning all the PFAL deeply enough in the 30 plus years you have been studying it.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

Good grief....if he could really lie and decided not to then he would be lying to say he cant lie. This is beyond remedial.

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

Well I finally got overloaded this morning, and am way behind in responding. I'm answering this one last post, and then taking a break and enjoying the rare rain that is coming here in an hour.

*/*/*/*/*

God CANNOT really speak to flesh, because He limits Himself this way for our benefit.

God limits Himself in this communication thing. 
You seem to want to completely miss this.
God chose to limit Himself for our protection. 

God had foreknowledge that this limitation would not diminish His sovereignty, and even though limited

Balaam’s @$$ says “naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay”

:jump:

Edited by chockfull

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

Yeah...I limited myself in raising my son who is 16 now. I dont talk to him so I can keep him protected...its for his own benefit.

Edited by OldSkool
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

For those of us who would like to quit wasting time with one of our trolls here at GSC...here is a link to a book I found on William Branham that goes into some pretty good detail on this guy. Im reading it today if anyone else wants to follow along heres the link:

https://cloud.disroot.org/s/AD3Dkb5WKkNJXra

Obviously this topic is setting mikey straight off the deep end...so it really must be worth discussing.

Yeah Mike is really going hard in the paint on this one.  It must be an area they really want to cover up with static with the new class just starting to run

Why did they or did they not include the born of wrong seed stuff?  Is there a faux research by editorial selection going on with the new stuff?

But wait, that was an integral part of the snowstorms from the first century :biglaugh:

Edited by chockfull
  • Like 1

Cult-leaders like wierwille are good at generating an us-versus-them mentality. in matters of how to properly manage a cult, Clearly defining the enemy takes the stress out of deciding which side to be on.

Us: Fully indoctrinated ones; PFAL/Advanced Class grads; wierwille-followers

Versus

Them: anyone not in “us” category - besides general unbelievers and true Christianity , includes those demon possessed and/or born again of the seed of the serpent ( whatever that is  :evildenk: ) any enviable success story or noble fame, legitimate scholars, published authors, critics of wierwille / PFAL / TWI 

Edited by T-Bone
Typos

For the record, I don't think Mike is a troll. 

I think he's sincere in what he posts or posits, but he's badly deluded.

Also, not meek to consider properly another point of view. 

Sincerity, as we were told on many occasions, is no guarantee for truth. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

We don't have much info on spirit and how it works. Even if we did have the info, do we have the minds that can understand it?  Not usually. 

Agreed.  And for supposedly being "experts in the holy spirit" field, the biggest achievement of going through TWI was a great puffing up of what anyone thought they knew about spirit and "how it works."  But, seems to me there's an incredible amount of pride that needs (or needed, if any insist on a benefit of doubt) to be flushed out before the door leading to any real answers (aka, truth) in this field even begins to crack open.  It was, is, and most likely will remain a "hit or miss" struggle that is never able to paint a clear enough picture to make much (much less "good") sense, especially for anyone deeply indoctrinated in certain religious beliefs...

2 hours ago, Mike said:

All we know is that people needed spirit, and Jesus knew it,

Seriously, Mike? You appear to be saying that people had no spirit whatsoever.  How in the world then might you explain what is written in Luke 9:55?  If you're some expert on spirit, exactly what "pneuma" do you suppose Jesus is referring to in this verse?  And yes, I'm not stupid... I am aware that spirit (or pneuma, if you prefer) can and might refer to different "things" (for lack of any better word.)  But my question (again) is simply this... What spirit do you suppose is being referred to in Luke 9:55?  And why might Jesus refer to it being a "manner of spirit"?     

Or, if there's someone else in this forum that supposes themselves to be an expert on spirit... please feel free to answer the question.

Edited by TLC

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Always speaking the truth is limited? It's less than speaking both truth AND lies?

This is a self imposed limit? God free will chooses to limit himself to always speak true? He could lie if he REALLY wanted to? HOWEVER, God has the self discipline to resist lying?  (Well, thank God for that!)

We will always talk past each other until I understand your answer to the following:

What is your definition of God? What do you mean when you say God? What or who is God?

1 hour ago, Twinky said:

For the record, I don't think Mike is a troll. 

I think he's sincere in what he posts or posits, but he's badly deluded.

Also, not meek to consider properly another point of view. 

Sincerity, as we were told on many occasions, is no guarantee for truth. 

it’s possible one could be unaware that they have been  acting  like a troll…for 20 years

I know that certain folks need more attentions for themselves on threads than others.  

But back on topic to William Branham hoo boy.  Here we have another guy setting himself up to be the next coming on earth of Jesus Christ.  He too has a personal angel he too is called to heal people and teach the truth.  He considers himself with a second anointing like Paul and the fulfillment of prophecy in Malachi.

The story reads a whole lot like Joseph Smith to be honest.  And VPW with the snowstorm story.

Branhams teachings are like PFAL for modern Pentecostals all the Pentecostal movement preachers study Branham.

Also, Branham embraced the oneness doctrine which is One God no Trinity.  I believe the logic there is similar to VP and JCNG but they don’t have the same shell game with scripture.

As VPWs contemporaries in the Holy Spirit field you can see several of the ideas VP had running in parallel - one God SIT and the modern worship type gifts or manifestations- just blending that for now not making a deal of it.  Also seed of the serpent teachings seem to be wrapped up in this as well.

And yes this is cult like logic WITHIN DENOMINATIONS.

They DO make a mockery of the worship related things of the spirit. 

Edited by chockfull

57 minutes ago, chockfull said:

But back on topic to William Branham hoo boy.

Yeah...hoo boy is right...here's a nice lil nugget from that book im going through today:

This is a double miracle, since Branham taught that we are not alive until our first breath.

Now, who else do we know that taught you aren't alive until your first breath?