GreaseSpot Cafe

Yet another take

johniam

7 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

See it wouldn't work today . . . There's pharmaceuticals now

How would Mike solve it today?

You know  . . Just for our learning

I’d keep it foundational, Biblically derivative.

With this in mind, the only REAL way to know is to deliver a beating. If she doesn’t die within two days, she’s innocent. 

2 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

I’d keep it foundational, Biblically derivative.

With this in mind, the only REAL way to know is to deliver a beating. If she doesn’t die within two days, she’s innocent. 

According to the Duluth Model. . . Use Doordash when request a sandwich

quote: Rather than speaking in broad generalities, give us specifics of you claim. You can start by telling us what good Saint Vic did.

PFAL, Receiving the holy spirit today, Christians should be prosperous, the bible tells me so, the new dynamic church, the word's way, God's magnified word, Order my steps in thy word, Jesus Christ is not God, are the dead alive now, Jesus Christ our passover, Jesus Christ our promised seed, and all things he did in support of all that. 

10 hours ago, johniam said:

quote: Rather than speaking in broad generalities, give us specifics of you claim. You can start by telling us what good Saint Vic did.

PFAL, Receiving the holy spirit today, Christians should be prosperous, the bible tells me so, the new dynamic church, the word's way, God's magnified word, Order my steps in thy word, Jesus Christ is not God, are the dead alive now, Jesus Christ our passover, Jesus Christ our promised seed, and all things he did in support of all that. 

I dunno...didn't the research department write quite a few of those and others are editors compilations?....anyone?

Edited by OldSkool

3 hours ago, johniam said:

You mean all the works--and livelihoods--he stole from other people?

Yah, he did good for himself; bad for the people he ripped off.

Edited by So_crates

2 hours ago, So_crates said:

I got a better idea, how about you stop warring with GSC?

Rather than speaking in broad generalities, give us specifics of you claim. You can start by telling us what good Saint Vic did.

I think he’s more warring with his own windmills than GSC.  I don’t care if he goes on and on disconnected from his audience and reality.

If he holds his breath until TWI gets back to him on the ECNs it would go faster 

:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

I never claimed to know anything about him. That’s why I asked.

Not projecting at all. Merely saying what YOU made him SOUND like.

Like a SUPERSTAR researcher? I have read the paper.

Did he ever super research his way into discovery of the error that is four crucified? Or any of the hundreds of victor’s errors?

John S. continues to teach four crucified.

https://spiritandtruthonline.org/resources/the-four-men-crucified-with-jesus-christ/

John Juedes wrote an article that refutes it but I was too tired at the time to read it closely.  I'll go back to it at some point.

2 hours ago, Charity said:

John S. continues to teach four crucified.

https://spiritandtruthonline.org/resources/the-four-men-crucified-with-jesus-christ/

John Juedes wrote an article that refutes it but I was too tired at the time to read it closely.  I'll go back to it at some point.

Thanks. So John S. Isn’t a research superstar after all.

I haven’t read Juedes’ refutation, but it’s not hard to do. I worked it myself. Four crucified is a willfully ignorant proposition. 

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Also, Earth is not flat.

3 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Thanks. So John S. Isn’t a research superstar after all.

I haven’t read Juedes’ refutation, but it’s not hard to do. I worked it myself. Four crucified is a willfully ignorant proposition. 

johniam wrote that 'Christians should be prosperous' was one of the good things vp did.  That one I did work out for myself and  it was one of the main reasons I left in '86 after being accused by some high-rank leader that I was professing to know more than vp and who then walked away like I wasn't worth his time.

I might look into '4 crucified' on my own after all.

17 minutes ago, Charity said:

after being accused by some high-rank leader that I was professing to know more than vp and who then walked away like I wasn't worth his time.

This is such a typical, childish cop out maneuver. Anyone serious about real, honest research would be happy to have a an honest discussion about it.

Arriving at a different conclusion doesn't mean one thinks they know more than somebody. It just means one is no longer convinced of the other's proposition. That leader, imitating victor, was likely too embarrassed of his own ineptitude (again, imitating victor) that all he could do was deflect and pout (again, imitating victor).

Edited by Nathan_Jr
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Charity said:

johniam wrote that 'Christians should be prosperous' was one of the good things vp did.  That one I did work out for myself and  it was one of the main reasons I left in '86 after being accused by some high-rank leader that I was professing to know more than vp and who then walked away like I wasn't worth his time.

I might look into '4 crucified' on my own after all.

Charity, I would encourage you to read widely and deeply on GSC. Many dozens of victor's asserted claims have been refuted with evidence here. Current posters have convincingly refuted victor's quackery, as have others who aren't so regular anymore, like Raf and Skyrider and Penworks... (and others I can't recall at this moment.)

There is nothing to fear, including the possibility of being wrong. When one first admits to not knowing and embraces that not knowing, so much will be revealed that was previously unseen by smug, all-knowing eyes.

When one admits to knowing nothing, one can know so much. A paradox.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Charity, I would encourage you to read widely and deeply on GSC. Many dozens of victor's asserted claims have been refuted with evidence here. Current posters have convincingly refuted victor's quackery, as have others who aren't so regular anymore, like Raf and Skyrider and Penworks... (and others I can't recall at this moment.)

There is nothing to fear, including the possibility of being wrong. When one first admits to not knowing and embraces that not knowing, so much will be revealed that was previously unseen by smug, all-knowing eyes.

When one admits to knowing nothing, one can know so much. A paradox.

Touching on the Donut-Keurig effect.

3 hours ago, johniam said:

#1 and #2 good plagiarism, #3 keep that revenue stream coming in, #4 -#7 thanks for the sermon notes Rhoda, #8 and #9 ecumenical doesn’t pay the bills, #10,#11 undertow City.

I guess our perspectives differ there…

• Upvote 1