GreaseSpot Cafe

Great Principle Whitewashed?

OldSkool

4 hours ago, Rocky said:

I'm thinking it's really not a significant matter, but I put it in bold in the link.

I mean really? Does it matter at all? But I searched (the internet) for both spellings. This one came up. I use DuckDuckGo for internet searches.

Did you find all the tor sites on the dark web set up for instructing people on how to run “Excellor sessions” ?

:biglaugh:

Page  10   11  Corrections:

Particle Excellorator

Possibly Excellerater

Past Participle Excellermundo

Parcheesi Excellerama

Particle Accelerator

81f4e381f52278a37c20bf2f713db0f1.jpg?fit

Dancing With the Stars Excellorant

Exceller: The Basement Removal Company

Fresca Ex-Seltzer the non-carbonated alternative

USS Starship Excelsior

s-l1600.png

• Like 1

According to VPW in PFAL, ducks just sit there.

In this thread DuckDuckGo was mentioned.  This is an apparent contradiction.

DuckDuckGo is derived from duck duck goose, the children's game.  

You see, the crap runneth through the goose as the goose goeth.  Not the duck.  It just sits there.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Well, the crap doesn't REALLY runneth through the goose. Crap can't do that.

slowly...richly....grads....

Technically the velocity of the children runneth in a circle is 0.  Since they return to the origin.

Much the same as the crap returneth to the grass, which it fertilizeth, and the grass groweth to feedeth the deer.  Which the lion eateth, and returneth to earth as crap.  All is a cycle.

• Upvote 1

Ah so by getting back to God's original intent, the point of origin; our velocity is zero, meaning we're getting nowhere.

The GP requires one to give, to give a crap, and VPW can only give that which he is.  And giving equal receiving.

Thus by not giving a crap, one has attained enlightenment.  

• Upvote 1

On 1/11/2023 at 2:12 PM, T-Bone said:

Charity, great analysis in your posts!

Like OldSkool said in the starter post, the current TWI is trying to coverup fallacies. The persistent problem as I see it, is that there are MULTIPLE issues in ‘the great principle’ (as it is in most of wierwille’s befuddling ‘theories). wierwille’s interpolations* (see footnotes) of John 16 had taken unjustified liberties – inserting foreign ideas and speculating on stuff of which he didn’t have a clue.

12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

John 16: 12 – 15

Not that this would be biblically accurate but if I had to give a linear representation of a John 16 “flowchart” it would be:

The Father - -> The Son — > The Holy Spirit — > you

trying to think of something catchy like ‘the great principle’ for this foursome maybe

RSVP Trinity Plus One

Or picking up on the flowchart concept – a river flowing – like the Guadalupe River  but it would be Quadalupe River  :rolleyes:

A flowchart is a modern construct…and I think if Jesus was indicating some type of movement – maybe it’s just that it all proceeds from The Father.…we’re talking about a mission - an important assignment carried out for a special purpose and it usually involves travel...ta-ta see ya around :wave: ... 

...But anyway…that’s the bigger picture…the mission…we’ve been recruited for the mission…while on earth Jesus Christ carried out the mission…now the Holy Spirit is carrying out the mission through us. With the help of the Holy Spirit we bring people to Christ and Christ reconciles them back to the Father...On   another thread   I got into this a little bit - reflecting on my 12 years of involvement with TWI and how wierwille subverted the role of the Holy Spirit...instead of carrying out the mission that came from the Father to the Son to the Holy Spirit - I served a self-centered cult-leader and his agenda...I got off mission. damn that sucked :mad2:

We are finite beings stuck in a specific spacetime continuum. But not so with The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.

How does anything work in the spiritual realm? I don't know!

And what is the spiritual realm? I don't know!

Imagine if you were a 2-dimensional sentient being – like a stick figure that the Divine Artist doodled on paper...what does divine mean anyway? I don't know - maybe the one who created you is otherworldly

Now imagine if you got in a conversation with the Divine Artist. Do you think you could wrap your mind around the world of the Divine Artist when more than 2 dimensions are involved? "What do you mean there's stuff in front of and behind this piece of paper I'm on?   What does that mean? I don't see anything!  Is there more to life than this piece of paper?"

~ ~ ~ ~

In my opinion, the biggest problems are probably wierwille’s misconceptions as well as his anti-Trinitarian bias - instead of acknowledging the Spirit of truth (the Holy Spirit) as part of the Godhead – wierwille mixes up the Spirit of truth with the Father. wierwille probably ‘borrowed’ from Bullinger’s  The Giver and His Gifts; Or, The Holy Spirit and His Work: Bullinger, E. W.: 9781614276739: Amazon.com: Books  anyway – Bullinger / wierwille differentiated God the Father as Holy Spirit    and   God’s gift – or ‘creation’ in you as holy spirit.

Fundamentalism tends to take everything so literally. I can see why  – when you have such a wooden interpretation. Note the prayer of the psalmist:

Amplified Bible
Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a right and steadfast spirit within me.

Psalm 51:10

Was the psalmist asking for God to literally create a new heart? Or could it have been like going to the Divine Designer and asking Him to take this old, dirty, and disorganized ‘interior’ and give it a fresh and neat new look?

I’ve shared on other threads  > here   soul & spirit synonymous in Scripture     and  > here   incorruptible seed refers to the Word of God     which highlight the figurative…poetic…and non-technical narratives of the Bible…Bullinger and wierwille both had a tendency to squeeze the Bible so hard trying to make it fit into a preconceived mold of mathematical exactness and scientific precision...yeah mathematical exactness = 4 crucified :confused: 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Reflecting on my former TWI-mindset, a lot of my concepts I adopted from wierwille’s idiosyncratic and self-centered perspective. I’ve got my own holy spirit – woo-hoo I’m a big deal !  Oh, the thrill of ownership!!!! :biglaugh:

Try this – read the following and see if you can recall TWI’s slant on it:

13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Ephesians 1: 13, 14

I remember wierwille teaching that our holy spirit is the down payment of our inheritance…

but another way to look at it is that the Holy Spirit comes to indwell the believer – to secure…preserve our salvation. The “seal” refers to an official mark on a document or contract – and thus under the authority of the person whose stamp was on the seal. The Holy Spirit gives us permission to participate in the fullness of God’s love, mercy, and work here on earth until we reach our future inheritance in heaven. 

~ ~ ~ ~

Footnotesfootnotes-cartoon.jpg

*Interpolation

Interpolation (Definition, Formula) | Calculation with Examples (wallstreetmojo.com)

Interpolate Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

Hi T-Bone

Just wondering why you said the "flowchart" below would not be biblically accurate? 

Edited by Charity

1 hour ago, Charity said:

Hi T-Bone

Just wondering why you said the "flowchart" below would not be biblically accurate? 

Who among you (or us) might be strategic thinkers?

Was Victor Wierwille a strategic thinker? (not necessarily a rhetorical question)

Is Mike a strategic thinker? (rhetorical question)

I mean what really is a great principle? How does it apply to GSC?

Are YOU a strategic thinker? (rhetorical question)

[stream of consciousness]

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, chockfull said:

Did you find all the tor sites on the dark web set up for instructing people on how to run “Excellor sessions” ?

The strategy behind Excellors' Sessions probably eludes everyone here. 

I have posted what that strategy was, but it was probably not absorbed.

There is one single key idea that should have run through all of those sessions. Does anyone remember what that was?

29 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Who among you (or us) might be strategic thinkers?

Was Victor Wierwille a strategic thinker? (not necessarily a rhetorical question)

Is Mike a strategic thinker? (rhetorical question)

I mean what really is a great principle? How does it apply to GSC?

Are YOU a strategic thinker? (rhetorical question)

[stream of consciousness]

Excellent video, Rocky!

I wish I could upvote it 7 x 70 or 427 or 5 times! Damn. Mmmmph.

HOWEVER, this is kryptonite for cult leaders like victor Paul wierwille and cult sycophants like Mike. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Charity said:

Hi T-Bone

Hi Charity,

I say stuff like that to alert readers I’m just thinking out loud – speculating – so take it with a grain of salt – I have no Scripture to back it up. There is no linear representation like the one I wrote - in the Bible. . A flowchart is a modern construct – but that’s how I understand what Jesus meant – the flowchart shows direction of movement – that it all proceeds from The Father.

For this post I was thinking along the lines of that thread you started,  How does God work in us    ...I like the mind-expanding quality of that thread – my takeaway from everyone’s input is that we humans are unique – so there will be some overlap but also distinctive differences – it's all soooooo fascinating - we recount how an indescribable divine being communicates with each one of us:

New Living Translation
The high and lofty one who lives in eternity, the Holy One, says this: “I live in the high and holy place with those whose spirits are contrite and humble. I restore the crushed spirit of the humble and revive the courage of those with repentant hearts…Isaiah 57:15

wierwille’s ‘great principle’ puts God in a box - and even conceptually it is speculative and contradictory – if spirit is spirit and matter is matter and never the twain shall meet – then wierwille’s ‘great principle’ has conflicting theories!

EXACTLY HOW God works in each one of us is a mystery to me…Best I know is just to say it all proceeds from the Father   The Father - -> The Son — > The Holy Spirit — > you . Circling back to speaking in tongues – I’m of the opinion if you got it use it to serve others – whatever gifts you have use them to serve others:

12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.

15 Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19 If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” 22 On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24 while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

I Corinthians 12

Edited by T-Bone
T-Bone --> Grease Spot Cafe - - > typos - - > editor - - > Grease Spot Cafe

1 hour ago, Mike said:

The strategy behind Excellors' Sessions probably eludes everyone here

Yeah..when we call bullshonta on various and sundry ludicrous practices initiated by wierwille it's because the bs has eluded us...:mooner:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mike said:

The strategy behind Excellors' Sessions probably eludes everyone here. 

I have posted what that strategy was, but it was probably not absorbed.

There is one single key idea that should have run through all of those sessions. Does anyone remember what that was?

Yes.  The strategy is the more you have people take action themselves in a class, the more money they are more likely to give you in the long run.

That is the single key idea in play here.

The rest of it is bullshonta on command.  In order like the Way tree structure.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Who cares?  Mike's playing games again.

Mike, don't you get it?  Most of us here have moved on - moved way on - in our thinking from the little box in which VPW wanted to imprison us.

Do YOU remember what the one single key idea that should have run through all the Way ministry's teachings ought to have been?

Unlike you - I will give you a clue.  It is to do with the fact that GOD LOVES US unconditionally and would really like it if we would love HIM back.  Love him.  And not some man, or some idol, or some book or some thing.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Twinky said:

It is to do with the fact that GOD LOVES US unconditionally

Though I accept this fact as true, my FC reproved and corrected me on it. He tried to "teach" me that God's love is conditional. I can't remember what the alleged conditions are, but I suspect they have something to do with beleeeving the bullshonta of a charlatan.

49 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Though I accept this fact as true, my FC reproved and corrected me on it. He tried to "teach" me that God's love is conditional. I can't remember what the alleged conditions are, but I suspect they have something to do with beleeeving the bullshonta of a charlatan.

Typical FC bullshonta. Guess dude never read Romans 8.

6 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

Technically the velocity of the children runneth in a circle is 0.  Since they return to the origin.

Much the same as the crap returneth to the grass, which it fertilizeth, and the grass groweth to feedeth the deer.  Which the lion eateth, and returneth to earth as crap.  All is a cycle.

Ahhh but if a man speaks and there is no woman nearby to hear is the man still wrong?