GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

Ya know what! There comes a point when reading what is in front of you comes in handy. :blink:

And then Morgan gives a clue so good that looking at it now I go bong to the forehead. But that is one thing about me when I miss it, I miss it! :)

Y'all are quite fun. I've enjoyed this season with you so far and hope you have the most awesome of times with the folks that you love. And that you're warm. :wub:

Moon Girl,

You know what. You just snuck in there one day and started posting songs didn't ya! ;) And this one is very mellow to listen to.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup, Moony got it and so did Sudo. But worry not, Kathy, you are the only one who got my trivia question. The novel was "Interview with a Vampire" by Anne Rice, which was eventually made into a movie.

The story is that long before there was a movie, Sting wanted to play the part of Lestat, but Anne Rice wasn't interested so he wrote the song instead.

I can't help but wonder what, if any, communications took place between them when she years later did decide to make it a movie considering she didn't even use his song in the soundtrack!

Morgan, thanks! And I enjoyed that movie, blood and all. I wonder if anything was ever printed about Sting's opinion of Anne Rice.

~~~~~

These are a few nostalgic quotes I happened to find that are a tad interesting I thought.

People seem to get nostalgic about a lot of things they weren't so crazy about the first time around. ~Author Unknown

The world is full of people whose notion of a satisfactory future is, in fact, a return to the idealized past. ~Robertson Davies, A Voice from the Attic

Nostalgia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days. ~Doug Larson

Nothing is more responsible for the good old days than a bad memory. ~Franklin Pierce Adams

Nostalgia for what we have lost is more bearable than nostalgia for what we have never had.... ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

Sudo,

I've noticed folks use this symbol * instead of using this symbol ' or ". I compose in a Word format and bring it here but when I paste it those symbols change. I have to manually change them to the way I prefer they look. The way they looked when I brought them here.

Now if that helps I swear you’d be a genius.

Now if that helps I swear you'd be a genius.

See the difference. Gawd is that anal or what. Geez, wish I'd never asked. :blink: :)

:offtopic:

Kathy, I did what you suggested, but tried to add another pic but it said that I needed to reduce it. It is only 4x3. Lots of folks add MUCH bigger pix.

I will be online for just a few more minutes, as I have a scarf that I have to finish by tomorrow afternoon.

:offtopic:

Kathy, I did what you suggested, but tried to add another pic but it said that I needed to reduce it. It is only 4x3. Lots of folks add MUCH bigger pix.

The file size is meant when it says the picture is "too large." Depending on the format, the same size (area) pictures may have vastly different file sizes. Bitmaps (BMP) are notoriously large; JPEGs are much smaller, file-size-wise.

George

Good Morning Kathy And All;

Lately Iv'e been waking up early seems as if this old night owl is turning into a CHICKEN!!! But that's OK cause my dear moony is a early bird .

You have a nice day and be of good cheer all is well.

In case I do not post anything between now and Christmas I will wish for you and all A Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

God Bless

Ted :wub: :wub: :wave:

Edited by TED Ferrell

Okay here's the chicken thing for anyone interested, as Moon Girl knows it already. I love it and could eat it every dadgum day. :blink:

Ted hates it and only ate it at wayfers home to be polite. :redface:

And yup I'd say a rooster would be more accurate regarding Ted. :D

And I bet you (Moon Girl) don't have a cold second while up in our neck of the woods. Do bring some shoes with good traction should your honey neglected to mention that.

Okay I really should be working but ya know what I have that thingee going on where you don't want to be grown up and do the responsible thing and work. :unsure:

Or I could bring over one of my million pairs of boots (black mostly) if you'd like. :wave:

Kathy,

That's a screen capture I posted. What that means is that when I was reading your post, I hit the PrntScrn button on my keyboard. That placed the image of your post on my clipboard. I took that, edited it and then uploaded the picture and linked to it as an img src= thingee. This way you could see exactly what your post looked like on my screen.

Why would I do all that? Because it seemed from that post that you thought the two sentences would appear differently on our screens. Just call me a techno nerd.

sudo

P.S. Hello everybody! Mooney and Ted... looks like early birds!

Sudo,

I really do regret bringing up such a trivial thing. :redface:

Rick explained it was html related. And that made sense although I can't repeat it with understanding.

But can you look once more and tell me if you see a difference now? Because even on my work PC I can see the difference.

Like I said it's so anal of me. And after this I'll stop using Nostalgia space to go on about it. :offtopic:

Now if that helps I swear you’d be a genius.

Now if that helps I swear you'd be a genius.