GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI's Most Wanted (or Hated)

Eagle

Just got some more information from (a) current Corpse couple that advised that there were more than just GreaseSpot and Raf hated over the years. From Corps meetings and sharings over the last seven years or so, the most surprising ones they really were hot over were the following: John Lynn, Mark Graeser, John Schoenheit, John Shroyer, Waydale, Greasespot, Doug McMullan, Living Epistles (the apparent offense there was a connection to Greasespot, that's all they know, so they thought Living Epistles was an extention of CES and Greasespot. So apparently Raf was like considered a triple threat or something but only to some Corpse)and of course PJ Roberge or Ex-Cult World. (I asked if they had heard of me and if they considered me hateful, and the Corpse guy didn't know who I was...so much for my notoriety...the @!$%&!!!.)

That made around nine people they could list who were mentioned as people who made leadership very upset over the past seven years or so. There should be a top ten, There is at least one space left. Who would you say belongs there and who do you think is the top #1 most villified by TWI? I was surprised to hear the names of CES leadership and CFF leader John Shroyer in the Corpse' list. (TWI doesn't keep a list, this is just a number of those known to have been villified over the last seven years.

Yeah Oldies I was thinking the same thing.

Whoever made up that original list certainly isn't very much "IN THE KNOW" because the number one on TWI'S most wanted list is ABSOLUTELY, UNEQUIVICALLY, Geer.

In their estimation, he lit the fuse that caused the place to detonate.

ROR

The person that should be at the top of the list is Craig Martindale.

The actions that he has taken and HIS RESPONSE concerning the following:

-The POP and Geer.

-Schoenheit Paper

-Lynn and Ralph D

-firing of innocent believers (some whose wives he had been with)

-mark and avoid

-genuine spiritual suspicion

-the disaster of all corps going full time on ministry payroll

-debt policy

-ending the WOW program

-ending the Rock of Ages

-day by day management of believers lives including their money.

-closing the Way bookstore to outsiders... interesting from an organization that is supposed to want to move the "Word Over The World."

-failure regarding the importance of the internet.

These are the ones I can think of right now. I am sure there are more reasons. TWI can blame many others as reasons for there demise (an approx. 100,000 believers to less than 5,000 in a few years). The truth is.....if the Truth (THE WORD OF GOD) was their standard for truth many of the items on the list above would not have happened and many of us would still be in the Way today.

quote:
Living Epistles (the apparent offense there was a connection to Greasespot, that's all they know, so they thought Living Epistles was an extention of CES and Greasespot. So apparently Raf was like considered a triple threat or something but only to some Corpse)

Ooh, I'm a triple threat!

Okay, for the record:

It's Living Epistles Society, not Living Epistles ™. (The name derivation was utterly independent of that business, as WordWolf will attest).

My affiliation with Greasespot is... I post on Greasespot. SURPRISE!!!

My affiliation with CES is: I contribute to them financially. They have ABSOLUTELY NO SAY over what I post on my Web Site. They have NEVER tried to influence the site in any way, shape or form. I have gone to them several times to request permission to show book covers and to publish one of their articles. But my site is NOT a CES site, nor is it properly called an extension of CES (or Greasespot, for that matter).

That said, I am utterly HONORED to be on the list.

This is a Corpse guy's list, but knowing what I know about the Corps, having been in it a short time, was time enough to know this kind of judgment came from someone else. It is not a hit-list, just a list of people who obviously have frustrated the hell out of TWI the last seven or more years. I agree with those that say Geer should top that list...but he was not mentioned. He should be as he was the one who got the paranoia injected into Loy and Loy to the rest of the Corpse.

I didn't figure some guys like them having TWI upset with them. Then again, I'm seeing Greasespotters considering this a badge of honor of some sort. Ex-Cult World was mentioned, there was no order, and I am very positive he is fast to being top on the s*** list there. Which doesn't seem to concern Pat at all, either. I believe Raf is independent of CES , just posts on GS, and runs Living Epistles Society, but a paranoid person would sense or fear a conspiracy since his name is prominent on GS and other places.

Any other ideas on who is the most villified? I know Pawtucket probably is villified highly for this site.

I don't know what he thinks. TWI leadership sometimes has no control over what Corpse thinks sometimes as the paranoia, once let loose, goes wild with imagination.

For all I know, these Corpse might be thinking all these guys are trying to take over the world and are homo commies, or something.

I think fortunateone summed it all up.

I am still upset that I was not listed. Even more upset no one knew who I was. Just because I have been out 12 years doesn't give them the right to forget who I am.

I am so unimportant. Blows my mind.

quote:
I didn't figure some guys like them having TWI upset with them. Then again, I'm seeing Greasespotters considering this a badge of honor of some sort.

Once was a time -- back in the '70's when I was M&A from "traditional" churches for associating with twi. It was a badge of honor then.

Now is the time I am M&A from twi, and that is a badge of honor today.

A few not mentioned.......Paul and Fran Allen, Dale Sides, The Weirwille kids, Wayne Clapp (love that guy), Gary and Michelle Curtis ( love them too) they are neighbors and run a wonderful spanish speaking fellowship. So many more but can't remember all thier names but most from the corpse or those in high leadership positions.