GreaseSpot Cafe

What if Harvey Platig became the next President of the TWI

fortunateone

Oh, I don't know......

Maybe Linder will grab the reins first. Maybe it'll be Rupp. Or Donna.

"The fox" isn't getting any younger, so her abilities will decline...

however......

if she steps down, they'll toss her in a "retirement community" so fast

her head will spin, wouldn't be the FIRST TIME....

Reminds me of an old adage about having a wolf by the ears-

is it more dangerous to hold on, or to let go?

Either way, you've got trouble....

Naw, they wouldn't spend the money necessary to put Rozilla into a retirement community or retirement home.

They would just M&A her since there's no one that would speak up for her besides Donna, and then she'd end up loading trucks for UPS.

Oak,

I agree.

It would be easier to choose another young, 30-something to stand in as figurehead. Much easier to manipulate that way. Pump up his ego and tell him he's the MOG now. Now they just to find someone who can write a book using a ghost writer and looks good on video.

JT

If H.P. became the next Prez. of TWI it would still be the same as it was. Same S**T different leader. It would still smell as bad as before.

What would be a real surprise is if they finally got the idea that they aren't getting any new membership in to get thier money base built back up, and have to close down. Which would be good in my humble opinion. But that would be like the old man trying to sweep back the rising tide with a broom.

After VPW died they lost the tide that they had for people coming in to the ministry. At least VP had the carisma or whatever he had, 'BS' mostly, that it took to get the new people to join. When LCM took over it all went to the debbile in a handbasket faster than an Indianapolis 500 speed car.

With each succsesive leader it just gets worse with time.

If TWI was run like the 1st century church was run and the leadership was made up of commited people that wanted to help and heal people it would have stayed strong and viable. But the leadership the way it is now, not many new people are staying after they find out how TWI is run.

JustThinking said:

Now they just to find someone who can write a book using a ghost writer and looks good on video.

>>

Are we to believe that VPW and LCM looked

good on video ? *laff*. Once at a Twig a WOW

was telling a newcomer about AOS and

how Craig was an "attractive man" so a few

weeks later when LCM came to town the newcomer

went to the teaching though afterwards she asked us "so where is this attractive man she (the WOW) keeps talking about "?

I'll put my money on a 15 to 1 longshot.

Joe Coulter.

The only one that knows and sees more at HQ is Linder and he's not going to be president.

Joe and his wife are squeeky-clean poster kids for the "new" TWI. He has manaaged to dodge or surf all the political entanglements over the last 40-some years and still stay in power. He has also shown himself to be a thrify, selfless leader who's not afraid to drive staff hard.

Time will tell.

Joe C is still with twi??? Holy moley, I thought that boy had more brains than that!

Another possibility is Bob M...he's been near the top forever. He was a region leader before lcm even was involved with twi. Besides he's plenty arrogant and full of himself...prerequisites for the job.

Jim has a good point. The new, old, new TWI is all about "nice." We're just harmless, old christians, just like you. (Said with best southern' drawlllll)

His name never comes up in mention of scandal even though he was around LCM a lot. Actually, I don't know that for sure. Wasn't he around HQ most of his wayfer career?

JT

quote:
Wasn't he around HQ most of his wayfer career?

Yes. I don't know the exact dates, but I think he had set up and was running the A/V department by about 1973. VPW send him and some Way Prod people to Los Angeles in the mid-to-late 70's for a year. Other than that, he's been there continuously.

quote:
If TWI was run like the 1st century church was run and the leadership was made up of commited people that wanted to help and heal people it would have stayed strong and viable.

That's not quite right, according to TWI legend. Remember Paul said everyone had turned against him?

quote:
This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

2 Ti 1:15

This is included in the "remnant" teachings that justify why TWI has shrunk so much. Everyone else has copped out; caved in to the pressure of standing for God; been tricked by the adversary; given up the fight; loved this world more than God.... You get the point.

TWI is proud to be small. They only want the faithful, hungry and obedient to God. Their website confirms it.

icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Honestly, I think that as long as they get someone who isn't a lech, they'll do alright. The three men who've been mentioned in this thread so far are all, as far as my experience, upright in their dealings with the opposite sex. That would be a welcome change in male Way presidents.

I think that any of the three of them would do a fine job. Hey, TWI is certainly not my bag anymore. But if it's still theirs, they should do it 100%.

We all should do whatever we're doing 100%.

Sure, they have been around and seen bad things, and maybe they've kept their mouths shut, and maybe they haven't. But that was a culture of keeping one's mouth shut; we were all taught to do that. They were doing what they were taught, just like we did. If they still want to spend their lives there, then I hope that they at least spend their lives to the best of their individual abilities.

In my opinion, a terrible waste. But they're not my lives to spend.

And that's all I've got to say about that.