GreaseSpot Cafe

Welcome to the Greasespot Cliche Festival!

WordWolf

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry WW, but I missed where you were discussing this. However, I am thrilled that you brought it to the front because this is so humorous. I've been laughing my tail off.

Oh you poor folks who were led through the crap of twi2 as well as twi1. If I had never known twi I would have considered everyone who posted to be way off his/her rocker.

My only encouragement to all of this is my original signature: Don't let your past hold your future captive!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Many great laughs here in this thread. I thought of a few while reading this thread.

Learning is an unlearning process.

In Harmony with God's Will.

The Renewed Mind-Your key to Power.

Travel Light.

I can do, therefore I do.

Listen up everybody.

Don't get caught with your pants down.

The greatest secret in the world today.

Know that we know that we know.

Just a few I thought of reading the many posts here. Outandabout I bet you would be fun to go to Walmart with. I would be interested to hear the flip side of these once famous cliches.

• 4 years later...

I remember that on more than one occasion I was asked to make a card for leadership for some stupid class or function we had to attend. A bit of writer's block was stumping me on what to write for the inside of the card. My solution: a list of present truth buzz words that I could fashion into a greeting. You know the kind I'm talking about....

"It is with abundantly abundant joy that we, the household of God, stand together this great day on higher ground as we complete the Defeating the Adversary class that you have so lovingly made available to us so that we can be strongly rooted and grounded on God's Word, withstanding the wiles of our opponent."

(If that quote doesn't make some of you ol' TWI2-ers cringe in your chairs, I don't know what will!)

Awesome. Like some kind of Wayspeak Ninja! I did something similar on my way out of the Way Corps.

Oh, just noticed the age of this thread. Seems we deal with a lot of the same crap.

Ah yes. Updating our Greasespot Cliche Festival!!!!!

To bring it up to the more current decade, the most particularly vomit inducing is the sickenly sweet over-use of the word 'wonderful'.

Our 'wonderful' Rosalie.

Out 'wonderful' Board of Directors have 'made available' an exception to their rule.

Gag-me-with-a-6-foot-lollipop-stick-made-of-pollyanna-quotes

Benevolent dictators they wish to appear as. They only have the authority to be dictators if you allow them to over your life.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!

Edited by chockfull

Love ya!

Ha, ha, I thought about writing "oh, I hate that," but I don't, it's just too overused and not something I'm comfortable saying so easily, so I'd always feel in debt somehow to the person who rattled it off as an alternative to "good-bye."

I often think now that I should have asked people exactly what they meant when those phrases rolled out. At a time in my life when I got too close to trouble, the line about being "broken bread for people" came into my head, and I wondered if this miserable condition was what they meant. How mad was that. Not that I'm blaming the person who said it in a teaching, it probably meant something entirely different to him. I suppose it would have been annoying if everyone questioned every use of these cliches. Still, does anyone have any idea what the standard use of this meant - why would anyone have to be "broken bread" again, even in a figure?

• 2 weeks later...

I know this has been repeated ad nauseum, but I can't stand the "formula" for praying. Does the Bible not make reference to asking God for things? It does not say to always make a statement thanking God for the thing needed. I thought requests and petitions can be in question form?

Regular(normal) way of asking: "god, please help me, would you provide me with (car/house/healing/answers/etc..)?"- question mark

TWI formula: "I thank you for (car/house/healing/answers/etc..) in the name of Jesus Christ/your risen Lord and savior/your beloved Son/the only living Son of God,etc.". -period

This has bugged me for some time.

Am I wrong here?

Edited by Calavicci

I know this has been repeated ad nauseum, but I can't stand the "formula" for praying. Does the Bible not make reference to asking God for things? It does not say to always make a statement thanking God for the thing needed. I thought requests and petitions can be in question form?

Regular(normal) way of asking: "god, please help me, would you provide me with (car/house/healing/answers/etc..)?"- question mark

TWI formula: "I thank you for (car/house/healing/answers/etc..) in the name of Jesus Christ/your risen Lord and savior/your beloved Son/the only living Son of God,etc.". -period

Am I wrong here?

No, you are not wrong. Prayers should not be mandated.

Am I wrong here?

Let me expound here...no. Really...no.