GreaseSpot Cafe

Guitar Talk

socks

Socksman,

When I tried to download Caress before it didn't work, but wowowowow it's working now. In fact hubby is here listening also and he is digging it as much as I am.

You rock dear man, you rock!!!!!

Kathy

PS......I have class tonight but will post more pics either late or tomorrow, I think I can get a few more good enough to post of Clapton (be still my heart).

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been lurking and just wanted to thank you very knowledgeable and fun folks for the edumakashun. :)

Have y'all heard of Corrine Bailey Rae? I recently discovered her music and just love, love, love it! I don't know how to post a clip, but will gladly send a file to someone.

Caress is awesome! I'm listening to it right now.

:love3::eusa_clap::love3:

Y'all Rock!

Have y'all heard of Corrine Bailey Rae? I recently discovered her music and just love, love, love it! I don't know how to post a clip, but will gladly send a file to someone.

Yeah - caught her recently on Saturday Night Live. What a voice!!!!!!! I wrote down her name because I've got to pick up some of her music!

I have been lurking and just wanted to thank you very knowledgeable and fun folks for the edumakashun. :)

:love3::eusa_clap::love3:

Y'all Rock!

How delightful to see you here, welcome to a rockin' place. :wave:

I'm going to post some Clapton pics now for our little jumping frog Ala. She can tell you about them and I trust they are okay with all because they will be full size again, to make them smaller with the lighting she had to work with might as well not bring them here at all.

So I am going to wait until it posts in another post and not take from this one with Belle. :)

dmiller----------Is it any wonder all their album covers have those "space" motifs?I think I've seen about all of them at one time or another on BET On Jazz. (Jam Sessions). Fleck hasn't taken the banjo to a higher level;He's taken it to 9 or 10 higher levels. Futureman(Victor's brother) can really pound out the "old school" skins too in addition to that wacky gizmo he uses with the Flecktones. One of the former members,Howard Levy, Does a solo piece where he plays two distinctly independent parts on the diatonic harmonica and piano at the same time. It's not a gimick,it's real music at a high level of quality. I think it's called "Duet For One" but I'm not sure on that. It' s not guitar but it's pretty amazing stuff and a valid display of real musicianship

WOW - amazing!

What interesting techniques - he's using a lot of hammer on/hammer off (not to be confused with wax on/wax off), harmonic tones (that's those bell tone-like notes you hear when he's up near the headstock), some slap, picking, strumming - but no picks used - and wow - just amazing!

Thanks for sharing that DMiller - that's just incredible - and did you catch where he plays a little bit of "Starry, Starry Night" at the beginning? Very cool.

BTW - I had heard of him, he's a session player, mostly - and tours. I have not seen him showcased like that before tho.

Edited by ChasUFarley

Agreed CK - that's certainly part of it - as someone who is just starting out on bass, I love watching people and picking up what they're doing and comparing it to what I've learned. I really enjoy playing and even swear there's times when my memory isn't "there" for a song, but somehow my fingers and ears are - I can't explain it - all I know is that it's sweet.

I do have some fond memories of my father and his ability to hear an instrument played, seeing is even better, and then play it with precision. People who know him have marveled at it. My brother had a fair amount of that ability. My sister sang. In fact we have a cassette of her singing not long before she died and I haven't asked to listen to it yet. Not ready. But I had some cool music folks in the immediate family, although my mother really shouldn't sing. :biglaugh:

Hello JCHEV,

We posted at the same time. Welcome to the guitar hang out. :)

Except now it is no longer the same time because when your post is added to it changes the post time. :blink:

Welcome anyway. :)

Welcome to GSC, JCHEV !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a fun place to hang out!

Thanks, DMiller for the Bela Fleck/Vic Wooten clip. I've got two CDs of the Flecktones and love the bass player - but watching the clip I was flabbergasted watching his technique! I use my middle and forefinger mostly on my picking hand - which I thought Vic did. But he was using a lot of thumb and fingers in a strumming/slapping fashion. I kept watching/listening in almost disbelief - thinking how can he sound so clean and accurate playing like that? Amazing.

Edited by T-Bone