GreaseSpot Cafe

Is this GreaseSpot for a bunch of whiners???

Warren

it's over ten years and the Way International is pretty much dead and should be buried, in a deep grave, never to be resurrected again. And forgotten about, like so many religions should be. also...Religions just make ya crazy, rather then allowing life to spring forth...and when ya continually talk about it, it just keeps it alive, I know that there is a period for this, but isn't the time over extended a little to much... To me it's getting sickening, evertime I wanta move on, someone even in my family bring it up...Let's here it from someone!!!! OK!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's over ten years and the Way International is pretty much dead and should be buried, in a deep grave, never to be resurrected again. And forgotten about, like so many religions should be. also...Religions just make ya crazy, rather then allowing life to spring forth...and when ya continually talk about it, it just keeps it alive, I know that there is a period for this, but isn't the time over extended a little to much... To me it's getting sickening, evertime I wanta move on, someone even in my family bring it up...Let's here it from someone!!!! OK!!!

Warren -- yes I agree -- twi is pretty much dead, and should've been buried.

But sadly -- they still are influencing and coercing LIVING human beings,

and bending them to their *mind-set*, and errroneous teaching.

When twi has to *sell the farm* to pay for legal lawsuits,

and own up to the can of worms they continue to propound,

and close shop cause no one is listening anymore,

then I'll shut up. :)

God bless -- have a nice day. :)

"We'll forsake you. Gonna rape you. Let's forget you, better still!" = Pete Townshend

But one man's Jason is another man's Jesus.

TWI is alive and well for many people who aren't even in it anymore. If it's just a religion, then yeah, let's bury it and move on, but if it's also a belief system that still works for many people...?

"It lives!" = witch in beginning of movie 'Sword and the Sorcerer'

So, Warren what brings you here? To chastise people?

Being as talking about things keeps it alive, curious...

I mean if it is sickening to you and debilitating to your moving on, then why do you come here?

Your title "is greaspot for a bunch of Whiners?" sounds a little different than your post where you seem to not want the members of your family bringing it up.

The first question "is greaspot for a bunch of Whiners?"

Greasespot has been a place to get together and talk honestly about what happened. In that honesty is deliverance, IMO.

To others who were severly damaged it has been baby steps to health.

Many have been healed here and just hang with old friends.

If you think people are shining and it annoys you, then do not engage in conversing with them.

The second thing re: your family, if they will not let you get past it, I am unsure if they are IN or if they merely bring it up to you to REMIND you that you were once in a cult?

Either way, you may want to tell them you have moved on and ask them to let it go.

Edited by Dot Matrix

if it upsets you and still makes you crazy then it still has some hold over you. If it bugs you then you let it go and move on.

Do what you gotta do

Whine, bitch, complain, scream get angry or whatever to get it out of your system if thats what it takes--You wont be the first person around here to do that.

The reason many around here can now talk openly about it is because after cleaning out their ownselves it is now as powerless over many as talking about their elemenatry school days, others are in different places ----but-like Tom said I just like hanging out with the people here.

If you have other things to do then go 'spring forth" no ones stopping you...., if you want to really get it out of your system this might be a good place--lots of people have...

anyways ---welcome

If you have other things to do then go 'spring forth" no ones stopping you...., if you want to really get it out of your system this might be a good place--lots of people have...

anyways ---welcome

Gonna try and take a middle ground Warren - which I am not known for on the place. Ya know lots of folks came out of TWI relatively unscathed - some damaged a little, some damaged a lot and some damaged permanently. You wanna get people over TWI - love them and help them; don't ravage them with more words about whining and complaining. Complaining about the folk at GSC is like complaining about folk at VA hospitals. Same different levels of damage. I take it that it that with a SN of Warren you were never groped, F((ked or raped by the drunken Nazi and his cadre.

People just hang here Warren. and ya know what? We have let lots go - but have not forgotten - it is a community of folks with a common bond. It isn't about hating TWI all the time - or even most of the time. GO to the prayer room. FOlks here still care. No mention of TWI, no whining about LCM and his dance tights.... just folks who have some common background and some care.

So feel free to continue your own whining or feel free to join in and be a friend of the GSC clan. Your call.

While I have moved on with my life, as many of us have after that group, most of us (myself included) are not here to re-hash the past, live in the past or dwell on it. Instead, we are here to help those who need it in getting out, in recovery & basic life after the cult!

I know for me, if I can help someone to rebuild their lives or find some happiness, move on or escape that "hell" then it's well worth re-hashing my story.

So no, we are not a bunch of whiners. We are quite the opposite - we are ones who are sick of having been cut off from voicing an opinion for years & years. We are ones who have voices of experience that can help others in getting out & moving on. We are ones who will continue to speak out against any group who derives pleasure from ruining other peoples lives.

Vyctorya

Warren----------When I first came to GSC,I felt guilty and responsible for things that had happened in my life since leaving TWI. After all, we were taught that our believing is what governed our destinies. We were taught in TWI that terrible things would happen to us and our loved ones if we left the "fold".

Warren, when you and I left TWI, we were not leaving "the fold" or "the household of GOD", we left a mind controlling cult. It was/ is just another one of countless cults that exist in this world we live in.

It was a hard pill to swallow that I had simply been duped but swallow it I did.

GOD will never punish you for leaving an abusive and manipulative organization no matter how convincing their teachings might have been.

Oh sure, there's some whining that goes on but there is awhole lot more if you just look around a bit.

Looking at some of the "New Arrival" stuff and looking at some of the historical material helped me to start to put it into perspective

Now I hang around for some of the fun stuff like "Name That Tune" and "Just Plain Silly".

Well, I suppose I could have just said"Welcome to GSC" so I will.

Welcome to GSC!!

Warren, it's not been over 10 years for me...not even a year yet.

Folks are still leaving TWI...and it is still hard to leave, even if TWI is only offering a flat tortilla shell.

It would be nice to just flip a switch and make the pain go away. I guess God didn't make us like that....gave us each other to hold hands, encourage, laugh, cry, talk, "whine", whatever..... :)

I'm sure glad folks who have been gone 10 years (and more) were/are here at GSC to hold my hand....and that they have done so very admirably :love3: and with compassion :cryhug_1_: .

I have found the folks here at GSC to be fun, witty, compassionate people - for the most part. There are folks here that are still healing. There still others here that want to be a part of the healing process. Sometimes the first step in that process is to allow a person to vent, get it all out, as many times as they need - so that the thing that has hurt them is totally excised.

Where are you in this process? Are you one in need of healing - or are you stepping in alongside those that pray and listen?

In either case, welcome to the Cafe.

THE BRIDGE BUILDER

An old man traveling a lone highway,

came at an evening cold and gray

To a chasm vast, deep and wide

through which was flowing a sullen tide.

The old man crossed in the twilight dim,

the sullen stream held no fears for him;

but he turned when safe on the other side

and builded a bridge to span the tide.

"Old man," cried a fellow pilgrim near,

"You're wasting time in building here.

Your journey will end with the close of day;

you will never again pass this way.

You have crossed the chasm deep and wide,

why build you this bridge at eventide?"

The builder lifted his old gray head,

"Good friend, in the path I have come," he said,

"there followeth after me today

a youth whose feet must pass this way.

This stream, which has been naught to me,

to that fair-haired youth may pitfall be.

He too must cross, in the twilight dim,

Good friend, I am building a bridge for him."

-Will Allen Dromgoole

So what's wrong with whining?

Gosh, did ya forget how it works?

In TWI, your life should be perfect and blessed so that you have no hurt or unmet needs--that shows that you are acceptable as a believer.

If you do have hurt or unmet needs, then you are supposed to ignore them and/or hide them so that you still look perfect on the outside.

Whining is unheard of--unless you are a high muckymuck and don't like the smell of onions or something. But then, you don't whine about it, you scream--that shows that you are spiritually on top of things and it is some one elses unbelieving problem that is bringing you, the good believer, down.

Receive

Retain

Release

Forgive me if this sounds redundant, but we didn't exactly Receive the Word Of God in TWI... most got and ear and heart full of the twisted, deceitful, manipulated half truths...

We Retained those for many, many years...

The Release Process sometimes takes a long time, that's IF and WHEN a person finally recognizes the lie and hateful pattern that had so smoothly crept into their being...

Yup... the painful, noisy process can be lengthy. And as mentioned before, there are new people coming to the truth every day... :love3:

Hurray for the Bridge Builders!