GreaseSpot Cafe

Zero Corps - Were they Good or Bad?

Eagle

I realize VPW dismissed all the Corps from the First Corps and called it instead "Zero Corps." It may have been posted here before. Were they REALLY all that bad? Or were they the first to fight back against what appeared to be a legalistic and elitist attitude they were not quite expecting?

Eagle

I realize VPW dismissed all the Corps from the First Corps and called it instead "Zero Corps." It may have been posted here before. Were they REALLY all that bad? Or were they the first to fight back against what appeared to be a legalistic and elitist attitude they were not quite expecting?

Eagle

Good question.

Wonder (now) if they were the first to question the veracity of the Word,

(As taught by Docvic ---- )

And were dismissed, as a result????????

Makes ya wanna go Hmmmmmmmmm!

(Juist an imo) ---

There was something stated in the "The Way Living in Love".

There was a reference regarding their "work" performance was unsatisfactory.

At least, that's what I seem to remember.....Don't think names were mentioned.

Where's Alfakat?

I'm sure he knows who was in the zero group. Seems to me there was 1 or 2 that were in the first corps that were also in the zero and got some special dispensation. Can't remember anymore; was too long ago.

Alfie????

J.

Wasn't Glend@ Sue in the zero corps....and re-entered?

pg-235, TW:LiL.

"We started the first Way Corps then, the fall of 1969,

especially for that purpose, to prepare leaders, There were

nine of them-some married, some single, younger and older.

They stayed until the spring,

and then I gave them the privilege of leaving.

You see, they never got it together among themselves. They

didn't have that commitment, that discipline."

pg-236, TW:LiL.

"They just kept fighting among themselves. But

you know what? They're all standing today, all but one, and

she'll be back. She'll get tired of messing around after a

while. And she'll be back because

there's nowhere else to go

after you have seen the greatness of the Word."

According to professor GOOGLE, Way Corps class of '71 consisted of:

Gary Curtis,Mike Smith,Bo Reahard,Del Duncan.Randy Anderson,Glenda Sue Maxwell,Naomi Townsand,Nancy Duncan, and Nancy Burton.

Class of '72 was the same group except that Glenda Sue was absent and Earl Burton was present.

According to professor GOOGLE, Way Corps class of '71 consisted of:

Gary Curtis,Mike Smith,Bo Reahard,Del Duncan.Randy Anderson,Glenda Sue Maxwell,Naomi Townsand,Nancy Duncan, and Nancy Burton.

Class of '72 was the same group except that Glenda Sue was absent and Earl Burton was present.

I wonder what one might find if s/he were to do a GOOGLE search on each of those names....? :confused:

I think about those men and women of the first corps and then I think about those who are running twi today...

To run those people off...to reject them out of hand as being "tripped out" or whatever they called them...is to reject the roots and history of twi. The people with talent and brains...the people who were committed to the truth...the real leaders of twi...simply run them off with a legal warning!

It seems clear to me that the lowlifes who did this, hijacked the ministry that thousands dedicated their lives to. If they felt they were wrong...why didn't they all sit down and work things out? How could they have simply run these people off without sitting down and talking the matter over?

Were they ever interested in grounding the situation in God's word?...These people were the heart and soul of the leadership of twi...they were the talented ones..If it were me, I would have thought twice before dismissing their collective opinions and booting them all...but there was Martindale...king okie, sitting in the "presidents chair", couldn't wait to get rid of the lot of them...why?...because they saw through him like a cheap suit...they wouldn't kiss his arse...and he needed to surround himself with flunkies who would submit to his ungodly wisdom and condone his evil behavior without question...sick, really sick.

The pride and arrogance that krept into the ministry (maybe it was always there from the start) was pervasive, especially in Martindale. It corrupted the doctrine we learned, the way we behaved, the way we spoke to others about the gospell, the way we spoke in general. I have shared some of my way views of scripture, and often get the comment of "arrogant" about them. No surprise bout that. There is no secret bout where it came from. Or I should say, the greatest secret in the world today is...a little leaven leveneth the whole lump.

I remember being at a mountain advance where LCM came at the last days to teach, it was in the late '70's I think, I believe region leaders were there too. Durring a meal in the lodge, the staff that worked for the resort came out crying and proceeded to reprove us. They told us that we were the worst bunch of christians they had ever seen, that they had never been treated so poorly, nor had so many rude demands from us, the likes of which they'd never seen before. We all sat there with our mouths open, dumbfounded, most of us had no clue what had transpired. It had to have been Martindal, I wished I had seen it for the barometer it was of how far downhill the ministry had gone. Pride goeth before a fall.....

Edited by but now I see

Just when I think I'm "over it," I see something like that letter from HA to Bo and my blood begins to boil all over again.

When I think of the collective heart and soul that so many poured into twi and how casually and coldly we were all brushed aside, whether we walked or got the boot, it just realy, really, really pi$$es me off.

But back to the "zero" Corps. My God, were all the "women" in that group like 15 years old, max? Glenda Sue and Nancy B especially--heck, they look 13 to me.

quote: Just when I think I'm "over it," I see something like that letter from HA to Bo and my blood begins to boil all over again.

That letter from HA was dated 1997. In 1994 at the last ROA I attended, LCM was dissing Bo during his teaching one night. He had just said that Bo requested in a letter to be allowed to come on grounds. So LCM says, "I wrote back and said Dear Bo not available. Come on grounds??? What is this, 6 flags over the way????"

What a joik!