GreaseSpot Cafe

Goodbye from Jonny Lingo

J0nny Ling0

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of us here are perfect and we do pay attention to each other. This has shown readers out there that we love to get into the down and dirty of who did what to who and yada yada but when someone wants to dance with joy and shout their gains instead of being happy for them we chose rather to dissect their manner of telling their excitement.

I'm no saint here, I screw up daily but why pick the man apart, it just doesn't seem something a community like ours should be doing to each other to me.

One thing I don't get...

Why ANYONE thinks they need to trash the people who can see through Jonny's ... whatever ya wanna call it.

I guess its a matter of perspective, Rocky. JL and I have certainly had our differences in the tacs forums, but never for one minute did I think he was anything other than a good hearted soul. I am glad he is making good money, I love it when someone's hard work finally pays off and/or someone who works hard finally gets a break.

I would add, while couching it terms related to God may have offended some - saying he worked hard and earned it without giving recognition to God, probably would have offended others.

I am also impressed with his honesty in openly stating he wants to read the farewells we write to him.

Edited by Abigail

I understand that's how you feel talking doll.. but if his post(s) rubbed some the wrong way are they not allowed to tell him so?

And I don't really worry about what others may think who are dropping in here to "check us out"... we are who we are... humans.

Because of how this was handled I personally will be more careful of what and how I share from now on.

I read jealousy and other agendas (like past disputes, or personal hot buttons) in the words here and have to wonder how much is actually directed at Jonny and how much is our buttons at work.

But the bottom line is no one will do anything different than they were already just because I spoke my piece, and we all know it.

I guess its a matter of perspective, Rocky. JL and I have certainly had our differences in the tacs forums, but never for one minute did I think he was anything other than a good hearted soul. I am glad he is making good money, I love it when someone's hard work finally pays off and/or someone who works hard finally gets a break.

I would add, while couching it terms related to God may have offended some - saying he worked hard and earned it without giving recognition to God, probably would have offended others.

I am also impressed with his honesty in openly stating he wants to read the farewells we write to him.

ALSO... there have been several folks seeming to speak FOR JL... as if they believe they know what he intended. Maybe they do... but it seems to me that the honorable thing for him would be for HIM to tell us what he means.

None of this changes that I'm pleased as punch that he's gonna do what he needs to do... even if I do think he.... hhmmm, how shall i say this... can have his moods from time to time too. (like most of us).

ok ok ok i'll be serious

i like that song very much by hope

been singing it all day

i'd like to take each one of you and hold you for a while

it's a nice song

--

as far as everything else goes, um um um

i think i've said a few goodbyes on here, see where that got me !!!! ha !

i'm not jealous of jonny

i just wish i had his god

please stand and interpret, hap

but it has to be kinda the same length

Oh the memories you bring back Ex.

I can just imagine what my interpretation would be these days. And I'm pretty sure it would be Way longer than the tongue.

no sheet

i was a twig leader in the corps program

we were taking the intermediate class "in residence" much heavier

no, just longer and more boring than field dom

my "assistant" brought his stop watch to twi since he was in charge of the "excellor sessions"

and he had been "in the word" forever

when that stop watch came out, i almost fainted

oh but that's another thread

GAD ! ~

Edited by excathedra

I second what Kathy, Freeatlast, Dot and Abi said--too much to repeat it all, you all put it so well. I'm happy for Jonny and his family, I'm not "offended" that he's leaving us or that he chose to give God the credit. I agree with you, Kathy about having second thoughts about sharing stuff here--I'm very careful what I post. Yay for Jonny, I'll still miss him, and I'm still glad for him. And God is good even if we don't get big monthy royalties checks. (Now that will offend people, huh? Oh well)

I AM GLAD HE'S NOT EATING PORK AND BEANS!!

I've got the stopwatch.

Ready, set, GO!!!!

No stop watch required. 2 seconds of gibberish, 3 hours of --- well....it wouldn't get past the censors...

Since I happen to be one of the first to critize Jonny's "farewell" post on the politics forum...let me add a few more thoughts...

...I have not read any criticism of the fact that Johnny came into some money...good for him.

The criticism was directed towards his attitude that BECAUSE he came into the money, he was no longer going to be a part of GreaseSpot...I didn't write the post...he did...and in my opinion, it sounded very shallow.

I responded to his post by asking him for clarification...there was no response...that's his choice.

It's no secret that Jonny and I have had an adversarial relationship in the politics forum...we simply see things differently...and that's fine. We also have a history of calling each other on the carpet and being very blunt with each other...and that's ok too...the politics forum is like that at times...and that's understood.

My criticism of Jonny's "farewell" post is consistant with our "relationship" and it was not a cheap shot...to be honest, I was shocked at his post...I was telling him what his words were implying and how some people might take them...again, he made no response to clarify himself.

If it makes some folks here uncomfortable to read the criticism of Jonny Lingo...too bad.

If you are offended by my opinion...again, too bad. I did not intend to offend anyone with my opinion but if you are offended, too bad...I call em like I see em.

Nobody has a right to NOT be offended...I find many posts here offensive (ie...Jonny's farewell post) and I accept that as being a part of having the freedom we have to express ourselves...which, IMHO, is far better than being a member of a forum where political correctness and not saying anything to upset anyone is the prevalent rule.

I understand that there is a website where current twiers hang out and say "bless you" all day long...negative criticism is not allowed there...maybe some of you would care to check it out.

and finally...I happen to like pork and beans.