GreaseSpot Cafe

Goodbye from Jonny Lingo

J0nny Ling0

So there is another good bye thread in 'tacks are you saying?

brb

Well dang....I didn't know that one was there..... :redface2:

Now this whole shebang from some of you folks makes more sense. :biglaugh:

It would be nice if that was brought into this thread so folks who can't access 'tacks could read it because this thread alone makes no sense to me without it.

Which I would do if someone wouldn't slap my hands for it.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see no reason it can't come here as it isn't 'tacks (feuding things) so here goes:

'Jonny Lingo'

I love the petro chemical industry! My wife and I just made eighteen thousand dollars this month off of Texas Natural Gas via mineral rights royalties! Haha! Love it, and it's just gonna keep on rollin in month by month! That is Ephesians 3:20 to me baby yeah!!! I always knew God would do it for us! The ship has come in without "going down off the coast" as Stevie Kay Louie used to sing. Thank God for His wonderful matchlless Word! Always knew it was trustworthy from the first day I heard it!

"And now unto Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that you ask or think according to the power that worketh in you...."

Haha!

Thanks God, and Good bye you all...

Jonny Lingo

'FreeAtLast'

congrats JL. Will miss your tales

'Rocky'

Oh sure... you say that now... how do we know you won't be lurking in the wings? :wave:

'GarthP2000'

... yeah, they always say "See ya!" , but they (usually) come on back for more o' that Greasespot. ;)

Corn-grats on the windfall anyway, Jonny. $ :) $

'Tom Strange'

Good for you! They've been coming around my father-in-law's land wanting to put gas rigs up... there's a lot of folks around here (a little south of FW in DFW) who are becoming just like Jed Clampett... are you gonna move to Beverly Hills and get Mr Drysdale to be your banker?

'markomalley'

How many announcements have we heard from people leaving. Seems that the vast majority are back in weeks or months.

The ones who really leave just leave.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

'mstar1'

Well are you gonna start the pool on the return date MarkO?

Its almost as sure an investment as oil wells

you can check out but you can never leave---

well almost never.

Congrats Jonny

(I'll take the over under at about three months-with sporadic sightings alittle earlier-he'll miss all us little people when the novelty of having baths in champaign and taking space vacations wears off :wink2:

'Rocky'

What a cynical bunch we are! :spy:

Has it occurred to anyone that perhaps Jonny wants to join the 62 mile high club? :redface:

:thinking: This reminds me of what happened in San Diego a few years ago... when some technological advance caused Qualcomm stock to shoot through the roof, making many of Qualcomm's employees (in San Diego) instant millionaires...

'Lori'

:eusa_clap: Are you guys going on a long vacation? Congrats, Johnny. I'm happy for ya! Take care, OK?

'GrouchoMarxJr'

Well...good luck to ya Jonny...am I to take it that since you now have plenty of dough, you no longer "need" us poor schmucks at the GreaseSpot?...it sorta came across that way...but not to worry, I will always be able to say that I knew Jonny Lingo when he used to eat pork and beans...

'Rocky'

I noticed just a minute ago that Jonny Lingo is signed ON to Greasespot tonight...

HI Jonny... good to see you! :P

I don't get the connection between having money and involvement in here at all. What does one have to do with another ?

Still, that's what Johnny said, so I suppose it means something to him.

I also don't get it when people announce that they're 'leaving'. Are they fishing for messages to see who will miss them, and tell them how wonderful they are ? Maybe it's the closest thing available to attending one's own funeral.

Thanks Chatty...I think Jonny knew that a lot of his "fan club" didn't have access to the politics forum and he didn't think they would see this post...

To Jonny, Eph. 3:20 means money from the petro chemical industry...I guess George Bush must be especially favored by God afterall...and isn't that where Saadam Hussein got most of his wealth also? (that is, before they hung him)

As the oil companies are declaring record profits and most of us are going broke trying to fill our gas tanks...Jonny Lingo has been blessed by God!...Now I understand how all that corps training gave him an "indepth spiritual understanding" !!!

Edited by GrouchoMarxJr

Coolchef,

You heard me right. I think Jonny is a toad licking coward. If he had gonads he'd defend himself. :biglaugh:

<center>sudo (calling Jonny Lingo out.. mano a mano!!)</center>

Sudo, you do know that "mano a mano" means "hand-to-hand"? I've seen pictures of Lingo and he's about two of you :doh:

Now, in a battle of wits...

Oakspear,

Re:"I've seen pictures of Lingo and he's about two of you."

Oh, I'm well aware of that. The dude could break me in half with one hand tied behind his back. But I can be reeeeeeeal brave sitting behind this here computer monitor a couple thousand miles away from Alaska.

Hey Jonny.. I know you're reading this and I hope you know me well enough to know I'm just messing with you. See.. I know you too. You've left before. You'll be back!!! Hee-hee!

sudo (looking for the thread where they're betting on Jonny's return date)

Chatty- I thought I explained that there was another thread 2 pages back. Glad you finally are uncornfused. (wondering how long that will last) LOL

You forgot to bring over the TITLE to his 'Tacks" thread, Jonny titled it:

YEE HAWWWW!

Such an over-the-top cry was enough to sink one Howard Dean's presidential campaign hopes in 2004. (I still don't get why that sunk him, but I guess many people did not like the in-your-face way that Dean shouted.)

anyway-

bye Jonny

~HAP

I need to get this off my chest.

I read most of this stuff as joking in that off-the-wall fashion many of us here have but not all of it sits well with me.

And I'm not posting for Jonny.

And that probably needed to be stated because I've been accused of allowing a man to hide behind my skirt before. Jonny certainly doesn't need my skirt I would imagine we all know quite well.

IMHO a couple of you have other grips with him and are just creatively masking it in your words here.

Why do we "in-your-face" someone because they chose to give God the credit?

Why do we go after each other because of a preferred faith regardless of what it is?

I guess I should qualify that a bit more. If our faith is as those whack jobs that ran our planes into our buildings so they could get some virgin hiney then that isn't a faith, that's insanity so it doesn't count.

We can differ on 'tacks and do!

We can differ on our faith and do.

But if you chose to trash someone because they believe in God it just makes the person doing the trashing appear a fool.

One thing I don't get...

Why ANYONE thinks they need to trash the people who can see through Jonny's ... whatever ya wanna call it.

Like Kathy said, JL hardly needs anyone's defending him here. He's a big boy. He can take it... OR leave it.

I don't think I have ever written a negative judgemental post in my entire tenure here at GSC. However, I must say that Keven's very public and wordy flashing of his wallet, in more than one thread, while bidding us all a "fond" "see ya" leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but there are so many folks here in the cafe that are in great need and it seems to me that the content of his posts on this topic are egotistical, selfish, and distasteful.

Sorry Kevin. I have been a fan in the past, but my opinion of you has been altered by all of this. Sharing good news is one thing. But blaring it out with a bullhorn like you have makes it take on a whole new meaning.

Edited by nolongerlurking

Well I am happy for Kevin, and I know that his leaving wasn't because of his newly found fortune. Why the two coincided I can't answer, only JL could tell you that. But I only took his hit the big money post as him sharing a great event in his life. He may be gone from the list but he still has friends out here and he hasn't forsaken his friends.

This is somewhat reminiscent of the psychological error often made when one attributes the worst judgement in the actions of others but in their own actions they attribute better judgement. Put yourself in Johnny's shoes for a minute. Why would getting this money be his reason for leaving, I don't think he was out here panhandling or trying to get anyone to finance his life. So his reason for being out here wasn't money. And honestly 18,000 dollars may sound like a lot but unless it is reinvested it will be gone before he knows it. The money isn't why JL left. It's something deeper.

And honestly 18,000 dollars may sound like a lot but unless it is reinvested it will be gone before he knows it.

Just to clarify FAL, he isn't just reporting $18K. He's reporting that he's expecting an ongoing influx of cash in the form of royalties. In other words, it would seem that he's saying he will no longer need to work for a living.

I need to get this off my chest.

I read most of this stuff as joking in that off-the-wall fashion many of us here have but not all of it sits well with me.

And I'm not posting for Jonny.

And that probably needed to be stated because I've been accused of allowing a man to hide behind my skirt before. Jonny certainly doesn't need my skirt I would imagine we all know quite well.

IMHO a couple of you have other grips with him and are just creatively masking it in your words here.

Why do we "in-your-face" someone because they chose to give God the credit?

Why do we go after each other because of a preferred faith regardless of what it is?

I guess I should qualify that a bit more. If our faith is as those whack jobs that ran our planes into our buildings so they could get some virgin hiney then that isn't a faith, that's insanity so it doesn't count.

We can differ on 'tacks and do!

We can differ on our faith and do.

But if you chose to trash someone because they believe in God it just makes the person doing the trashing appear a fool.

Kathy, I agree.

Wahington Weather said

when did that become something NOT to be glad about and be happy for someone...if somebody here won the Powerball would you give them crap?

sorry to go off topic....

JL -- say hi to our mutual friend in Virginia!

Man, a big AMEN! Except for the Virgina thing as I do not know her.

I do not care if he won in Vegas and never has to work again! I am happy for him. Why wouldn't he share that? He has been talking to us here for 4 years or so -- we share other things -- like hardships -- why is he jumped for having something good happen? or thanking God?

Johnny -- you go boy! Yeah God!!!

oh another thing, jonny, you put it out there so this discussion is open for grabs or however that saying goes....

But as I have stated many times, I don't believe that The Way started out as a "sex and money farm", but rather, VPW started out wanting to help people and wanted to see a radical change in the Christian Church which would actually help people. However, I do believe that he succumbed to the "pleasures of sin for a season" ( a long season), and that he brought a wonderful ministry down into the "usual cess pools of sin and iniquity" where Mankind has preferred to snorkel about with unmittigated glee, therefore hurting many many people in an insidious manner...

not sure i agree with that

and another thing, paw doesn't have to "erase" you, you are free to leave whenever you like :)

this is not hotel california ? or is it ? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha