GreaseSpot Cafe

The Corps and Gunnison

Bolshevik

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the size of one of the WC classes (5 or so) souldn't it be more cost effective to have them trained at HQ?? doesn't it cost a lot to have maintenence people and food staff and the class leaders living at Gunnison?

Besides that, they could keep a better eye on them to make sure that they are getting the proper "training".

Edited by danteh1

As I said in a previous thread. Gunnison is going to be opened up for visitors. Like a vacation spot for anyone left in twi. They will never sell it. That's the trustee's retirement home.

oops sorry, didn't mean to be redundant

given Gunnison's winter climate, I have doubts it would be a place those lowland lowlifes would choose to retire to. I somewhat plan to run up there this summer (its my wife's birthplace) to see some childhood friends of hers. Perhaps I can learn some local scuttlebutt to share here. For the most part, the townies have always considered the camp a bad joke.

~HAP

The Corps will not be trained at Gunnison anymore. Training will be done at HQ.

Speculations Why? :confused: :confused: :confused:

It took this long?

Considering the size of one of the WC classes (5 or so) souldn't it be more cost effective to have them trained at HQ?? doesn't it cost a lot to have maintenence people and food staff and the class leaders living at Gunnison?

Besides that, they could keep a better eye on them to make sure that they are getting the proper "training".

Right, and right.

And last I heard, a 5-person wc was succeeded by 4 people.

I think the current one may have leaped as high as 6 people in a sudden surge.

Then again, I'm just rambling- I don't know if they went up to 6 at all.

It took this long?

Right, and right.

And last I heard, a 5-person wc was succeeded by 4 people.

I think the current one may have leaped as high as 6 people in a sudden surge.

Then again, I'm just rambling- I don't know if they went up to 6 at all.

I can name 5. Not sure if there is more.

Training staff at HQ means less staff they'll have to pay to work, since WC work for free - or actually, they WC pay to work!

True and true!

Each year more people leave staff than come in. They are so stretched from their dwindling pool Advanced Class Grads to "inspire" to come on Staff that they need a way to keep things going.

And Polar Bear you are so right. Gunnison is opening for business!

Well, I can't say I never saw that coming.. I know when I left staff they were pretty T'd off at all those on staff wanting to leave. They had said that over 50% of the WC on staff back in mid 2000 requested field positions during their yearly interview (but only 25% would get to!).. Gee.. Wonder why!

And now Gunnison.. I really don't see it staying open for business long though either. Without the WC, they really weren't able to keep it up maintenance wise. They barely were able to when they had 8 in-rez to help out, but now with zero and only the handful of staff left.. I can almost count the staff at Gunnison on 2 hands, and unless there are lots of visitors, it will become too expensive to keep running. However, I'm sure lots of WC will be willing to stay and work there as opposed to HQ.. No fox, and much more relaxing enviroment..

And now Gunnison.. I really don't see it staying open for business long though either. Without the WC, they really weren't able to keep it up maintenance wise. They barely were able to when they had 8 in-rez to help out, but now with zero and only the handful of staff left.. I can almost count the staff at Gunnison on 2 hands, and unless there are lots of visitors, it will become too expensive to keep running.

Maybe it's just me.........BUT, for real, I don't see LOTS OF VISITORS traveling to Camp Gunnison to make it a worthwhile "vacation spot." I dunno......except for those in a 100 mile radius, how many innies are gonna want to fly into Denver, rent a car, go to camp gunnysack, and unpack for some needed rest and relaxation?

IMO, many would find it more relaxing to spend time with their kids, go to their ballgames and graduations, visit their parents and siblings, and NOT ANSWER THE PHONE OR ATTEND ANY TWI MEETINGS FOR TWO WEEKS. C'mon twi.... can't you understand the simplest of relaxations. Hint, hint......it has NOTHING to do with location. Peace and some relaxing moments can be easily found at a nearby park or beach.

This "camp gunnison open for visitors" will probably be as big a hit as vpw's all-terrain "snow-way."

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

C'mon, Skyrider, you know better than that! :wink2:

It will be required for all wayfers to visit Gunnison at some point. Just like those regional bus trips to HQ and the 250 mile radius STS.

What I want to know is, are they going to have to provide their own bedding, towels, etc. and do their own cooking, chopping wood, etc. since there aren't enough staff to keep it functioning?

And how decrepit will it become before they sell it? If the meager WC wanna be's aren't enough to take care of it properly, how are they going to do it without them?

C'mon, Skyrider, you know better than that! :wink2:

It will be required for all wayfers to visit Gunnison at some point. Just like those regional bus trips to HQ and the 250 mile radius STS.

What I want to know is, are they going to have to provide their own bedding, towels, etc. and do their own cooking, chopping wood, etc. since there aren't enough staff to keep it functioning?

And how decrepit will it become before they sell it? If the meager WC wanna be's aren't enough to take care of it properly, how are they going to do it without them?

Belle......no kidding? Besides the preparation list of things to bring.......there will be a rules and regulations sheet at the camp gunnison registration table and all meals are mandatory and roll call will be taken and twig time every morning at 11:00 and scheduled activities after supper, etc. etc.

Unless these are MANDATORY trips to camp gunnison, I can't imagine that it's anything but another wrinkle of providing something new. Or.........it's a diversion tactic to keep the focus AWAY from another corps location closing.

After all........Tinnie, NM closed --- check.

Emporia, KS closed --- check.

Rome City, IN closed --- check.

Camp Gunnison closed (for training corps) --- check.

Hmmmmmmmm..........twi's corps and sales personnel are dwindling FAST. And, imo --- even those faithful innies DO NOT WITNESS anymore, because the whole thing is just too embarrassing anymore.

:evildenk:

Skyrider, you said...

After all........Tinnie, NM closed --- check.

Emporia, KS closed --- check.

Rome City, IN closed --- check.

Camp Gunnison closed (for training corps) --- check.

Hmmmmmmmm..........twi's corps and sales personnel are dwindling FAST. And, imo --- even those faithful innies DO NOT WITNESS anymore, because the whole thing is just too embarrassing anymore.

The Way is going to get smaller and smaller until there is nothing left except the cabin in the Way woods. Craig will be in it. He'll have 2 schmucks who live nearby that attend his fellowship, one bodygaurd, one maid, and 3 concubines...all who would give their lives for Craig believing, "all those in Ohio have turned against us".

Nobody witnesses, you're right, it's embarrassing. It's a disgrace.

Edited by Lone Wolf McQuade

The Corps will not be trained at Gunnison anymore. Training will be done at HQ.

Kinda funny............we talked about this on Waydale back in 1999/2000.

At the time, I suggested that the corps could be trained at the Kipp Farm and thereby, be at hq for sns teachings but separate during the week. Plus, the farm work would keep them isolated from other department stuff.

Now, with the numbers so low.......all of the corps could easily sit in the Kipp Farm living room.

Maybe you already know, The Kipp farm was sold several years ago.

The only farms (or barns) left are Wierwille and Ambassador.

Bolshevik......yeah, I knew that but guess it slipped my mind. Seems like a steady spiral downward, closely monitoring the cashflow and investments, until the small circle of emeritus elders stop running the vpw-bookclub.

Looks like the dull denomination is ruling with a heavy hand (see corps poem) and the corps program is all but dead.

:biglaugh: