GreaseSpot Cafe

Happy Birthday Rascal

Shellon

Happy Birthday Rascal. Really enjoy yourself, it is your day to let it all hang out...well maybe not "ALL". That could be potentially dangerous, I wouldn't want you out running around in your birthday suit distracting people or anything. :biglaugh:

I love you dearly sister!!

Happy birthday, Rascal !!!!!!

here's a picture from one of your birthday parties - a long time ago - - when you were just a little rascal.

130-197~The-Little-Rascals-Posters.jpg

HAPPIEST OF HAPPIEST BIRTHDAYS, RASCAL!!!

I hope you're your special day is as absolutely wonderful as you are!!!! You always bring a smile to my face and I'm so thankful for your friendship. :wub:

I didn't know you were moonlighting on You Tube, though:

12593.jpg

"Wonder where my car is?" "Wonder where my sunglasses are?" "Wonder what birthday this is?" Just hoping you have a wonder-ful day!

Have a good one, girlfriend!

Suda

edited due to a double post by accident. Wonder where my mind is?

Edited by Suda

Thanks friends!

It was a quiet, peacefull birthday which for me.... is saying something....lol

Birthdays/mothers days have in the past been notorious for every imaginable (not to mention unimaginable) disaster. It was so bad (I know some of you have heard this story) ...that one year a horse had died....we were digging a hole by hand...it was cold and raining we were ankle deep in mud...shovels getting heavier by the miniute...bloating, nasty 1000 lb carcass right beside us....and one of the teenagers says *wait just a MINIUTE*!! We stop looking at him questioningly and he leans on his shovel and says...*your birthday isn`t for another couple of weeks*!! Lol meaning we usually reserve such treats for that day......lol

I spent a good part of the day in trepidation...lol

The family took me to my favorite restaurant. We shopped at my favorite thrift shops and pawn shop. I sat for an hour admiring the horses....I spent the entire day goofing off basically.

Fun story.....my 9 yr old Hannah comes up to me a week ago and says...I want one of those swim outfits that keep you warm in cold water....the kind that covers your arms and legs down to your knees....and I ask her more questions...it turns out she had seen a diver in a wet suit on a discovery show....I ask her what in the world she wants one of THEM for??

I told her.... number 1 I have never even seen one for sale in Tennessee...number 2 I told her that I highly doubted that they would make them in her size....and number 3 and most importantly, it would cost hundreds of dollars that I would be unwilling to spend on something that she would never use...as we don`t live near water....and promptly dismissed the request from my mind......

Well when we went into the local thrift store for our battered womens shelter on my birthday yesterday....what in the heck do you think the first thing my kiddo lays eyes on??? I`ll be damned if there wasn`t a real wet suit ....not only a wet suit in middle tennessee in an area that is no where near the water....but in a childs size....lol ...she pulls it off the rack and excitedly points out that it is the precise color of blue that she needed to match her water shoes....and confidently shows me the price tag....THREE dollars!!!!

I am just marveling at the incongruity of everything coming together to put that childs desires within her grasp... when a woman who worked there walked by and said ....Gosh, I just hung that there this morning, I didn`t really think anybody would actually BUY it....lol

My kiddo looks her straight in the eye and tells her...... that God had put it there for her :)

She had to call her Daddy (and anyone afterwards who would listen to her) and tell him her *miracle* story as she calls it.

Now mind you, I don`t know WHY she wants the goofy thing, or what on earth she plans on doing with it....lol...BUT ....I will never EVER tell her again that something is not possible....:)

Edited by rascal